SiouxSports.com Forum

Nicholls St., Round 1

bincitysioux

1 hour ago, bincitysioux said:

Unless something has changed in recent years, UND rarely gets to any of their road games 24 hours before kickoff.

That and for whatever reason the team doesn’t do a walk thru at the stadium.  I have always thought this was odd. 

16 minutes ago, zonadub said:

I know this is a dumb question, but how is there sound-proofing of the tent so that Nicholls can’t eavesdrop on pre-game and halftime strategy between the coaches and the team.

you are right. That is a dumb question. But the answer is the same as the reason there isn't a bug in the visitors locker room in the Alerus or the Fargodome. Maybe I am wrong. There may be UND staff member or an NDSU staff member holding an empty glass to the door of the visitors locker room at halftime. Who knows. While I get the locker room situation may not be ideal, I have heard some former college players saying they would gladly take a very spacious tent right next to the stadium over some very small cramped visitor locker rooms a 5 minute walk from the stadium. 

• Downvote 1

34 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

you are right. That is a dumb question. But the answer is the same as the reason there isn't a bug in the visitors locker room in the Alerus or the Fargodome. Maybe I am wrong. There may be UND staff member or an NDSU staff member holding an empty glass to the door of the visitors locker room at halftime. Who knows. While I get the locker room situation may not be ideal, I have heard some former college players saying they would gladly take a very spacious tent right next to the stadium over some very small cramped visitor locker rooms a 5 minute walk from the stadium. 

I have heard the opposite so there's that.  

31 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

You have heard Nicholls has staff eavesdropping on the opposition outside the tent before games and at halftime? Dokay...

Ummm I’m sure he meant he heard others would prefer a five minute walk verses a tent right next to the stadium.......Dokay....

13 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Any update on Wanzek? Was he able to practice even in a limited fashion this week?

8 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Any word on wanzek?

One would think with all the "insiders" on this thread someone would know something on Wanzek but obviously that insider info only relates to the playoff bidding process but I digress.

• Upvote 1

If NS has played all their home games at this facility then the tents aren't a new thing and are no doubt more than a MASH unit set up. It made for some pre-game fodder but not an issue for the game performance. We need both lines to have some success, and no turn overs, we have the talent to win this.

10 hours ago, GeauxSioux said:

Had dinner with a Nichols state grad tonight, my wife’s step brother. He graduated from their culinary school and is now one if the best young chefs in New Orleans.  Backward on their athletic facilities, but pretty good school for culinary arts. 

Heading down to Thibodaux for the game tomorrow. Go Hawks!!!

So they are good with knives then?

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

Hanging around a tent is not the same thing as putting a glass to a door. That’s a dumber answer to my dumb question.

• Upvote 1