SiouxSports.com Forum

Own The Farm Week

Prison_Mike

6 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I sincerely wish you good luck with your studies and then your career!

:)

Now backon topic 

Sioux suck ****!

On the Bison first down chant, my friends and I helped with the addition of the "Sioux Suck ****!" that comes afterwards. Hopefully you hear it a lot next week.

That should help!

2 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Sioux suck ****!

On the Bison first down chant, my friends and I helped with the addition of the "Sioux Suck ****!" that comes afterwards. Hopefully you hear it a lot next week.

That should help!

Not only was it stupid being said when we weren’t playing the Bison but now 4 years as the Fighting Hawks it’s makes even less sense, but whatever makes you happy. 

6 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Sioux suck ****!

That should help!

Tooo much beer on Labor Day, Johnny Boy!
Pretty weak sauce, bottom of the manure pile fan.

So is this proud season ticket holder one of your buddies?

2950304%2B0B4mGrQ-jaMMQb0ZGTWRoSUJTYTg.jpgPosts on Bozzovil claim SSS chant is on the back of this T shirt.

The gold shirt with a green image was spotted by television cameras during North Dakota State University’s football game Saturday against Youngstown State.

Sadie Rudolph, a media relations coordinator at NDSU, said in an email the school takes these matters seriously and was not aware of the incident. The school is working to find out more information to determine how to appropriately proceed, she said.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/education/4153950-und-officials-disgusted-offensive-t-shirt-spotted-ndsu-football-game#.WCDSTTTKhPE.twitter

The Herd’s Chant: Racism Inside the Dome

http://ndsuspectrum.com/the-herds-chant-racism-inside-the-dome/

6 hours ago, fueledbyramen said:

Win back the state? You will have to pile up 7 or so FCS titles before you even have a shot...best of luck to you.

You can think what you want, buddy. It’s a “what have you done for me lately” sport and society these days. 

WIN BACK THE STATE!

BUCK THE FISON

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Tooo much beer on Labor Day, Johnny Boy!
Pretty weak sauce, bottom of the manure pile fan.

So is this proud season ticket holder one of your buddies?

2950304%2B0B4mGrQ-jaMMQb0ZGTWRoSUJTYTg.jpgPosts on Bozzovil claim SSS chant is on the back of this T shirt.

The gold shirt with a green image was spotted by television cameras during North Dakota State University’s football game Saturday against Youngstown State.

Sadie Rudolph, a media relations coordinator at NDSU, said in an email the school takes these matters seriously and was not aware of the incident. The school is working to find out more information to determine how to appropriately proceed, she said.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/education/4153950-und-officials-disgusted-offensive-t-shirt-spotted-ndsu-football-game#.WCDSTTTKhPE.twitter

The Herd’s Chant: Racism Inside the Dome

http://ndsuspectrum.com/the-herds-chant-racism-inside-the-dome/

That shirt is perfection. 

And nope, most of my friends hit up at most a game or two per year. I don't know that we are exactly the target demo for future season ticket holders. 

And spare me the racism nonsense. That dog ain't gonna hunt. 

5 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Not only was it stupid being said when we weren’t playing the Bison but now 4 years as the Fighting Hawks it’s makes even less sense, but whatever makes you happy. 

Well darell, I have been to one game in the last four years so I can't exactly be held responsible, now can I?

9 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

That shirt is perfection. 

And nope, most of my friends hit up at most a game or two per year. I don't know that we are exactly the target demo for future season ticket holders. 

And spare me the racism nonsense. That dog ain't gonna hunt. 

The timing is prefect for the tumble weed to roll over the Manure Pit on Saturday!

Well, I most certainly want a win and don’t care about the points. I care about a team with dedication and pride using their skills to the MAX. No cheap shots, minimal penalties (we will see how the refs call the game), and solid performing offense/defense/ST. The term clicking on all 8 cylinders comes to mind.

This, plus a win, will carry us through the season against some tough teams. I know little about the real technical side of football but it seemed we had a good start Saturday. The enthusiasm was there....

GO SIOUX!

24 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

I'm worried about this being a trap game for us with the SHSU game coming up in a week.

Not being a rivalry game and all that.:silly:

It's a rivalry game.  Not sure why Entz would think any different.  Maybe top take some pressure (if there is any) off his players.  Just trying to treat it like any other non conference game.  this year will feel like more of a rivalry than 2015 because it is the start of playing every year again.  Next year will be even bigger since it will be a conference game.  And eventually (and hopefully) the rivalry will be back to the level it once was. 

I saw Kolpack and Izzo's preview of the game and they were kind of in the same boat how it's a rivalry game but doesn't feel like one being so early in the season.  they dd bring up a point that this game needs to be the last game of the year and it needs a trophy.  So many college football rivalries that do those two things, NDSU/UNd game needs to do as well.  2020-2023 game days are set.  2022 game in Fargo is the last game of the season but the other 2 are not.  Hopefully startign in 2024, the game will be the last game of the year.  Looking forward to getting this rivalry started up again!!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

It's a rivalry game.  Not sure why Entz would think any different.  Maybe top take some pressure (if there is any) off his players.  Just trying to treat it like any other non conference game.  this year will feel like more of a rivalry than 2015 because it is the start of playing every year again.  Next year will be even bigger since it will be a conference game.  And eventually (and hopefully) the rivalry will be back to the level it once was. 

I saw Kolpack and Izzo's preview of the game and they were kind of in the same boat how it's a rivalry game but doesn't feel like one being so early in the season.  they dd bring up a point that this game needs to be the last game of the year and it needs a trophy.  So many college football rivalries that do those two things, NDSU/UNd game needs to do as well.  2020-2023 game days are set.  2022 game in Fargo is the last game of the season but the other 2 are not.  Hopefully startign in 2024, the game will be the last game of the year.  Looking forward to getting this rivalry started up again!!

Is it a rivalry...I would say it depends on who you ask.

Old guys like me who grew up in ND and had people I grew up with, played HS football with and/or against on the opposite sideline, knowing I would see them back home over the holidays and have to hear all about it for a year if we lost. Yeah, that’s a rival to me.

But nobody on the current teams has experienced anything near that for almost 20 years. These kids were barely born the last time this game really meant something.

Give it a few years and it’ll be back for the players too.

But for now, I believe what coach Entz says is genuine, the players just don’t see it as a rivalry yet.

42 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

I'm worried about this being a trap game for us with the SHSU game coming up in a week.

Not being a rivalry game and all that.:silly:

Waking up years ago as a kid on a cool fall Saturday morning I just knew it was Sioux-Bison day by how my dad was acting.  Wearing his patented UND sweatshirt and just on edge until kickoff and until the final second ticked off the clock.

It's not the same, but you can't say it isn't a rivalry.  Their fans wouldn't be on our message board and vice versa if it wasn't some kind of rivalry.  Their fans wouldn't be yelling Sioux suck in Frisco if it wasn't a rivalry.