SiouxSports.com Forum

Scoreboard change

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

38 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Thank you for this.

You must just sit awake at night thinking about how much you hate the Fighting Sioux logo. I sleep well at night dreaming about all the people that can’t stand it. It brings me so much joy that it bothers you morons so much. Here’s to another good night. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

Just now, UND-MH-Fan said:

You must just sit awake at night thinking about how much you hate the Fighting Sioux logo. I sleep well at night dreaming about all the people that can’t stand it. It brings me so much joy that it bothers you morons so much. Here’s to another good night. 

Actually I have a lot of Fighting Sioux merchandise in my house and I wear it fairly often.  People like you are the primary negative about the logo for me, and I enjoy making fun of your obsession.

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Actually I have a lot of Fighting Sioux merchandise in my house and I wear it fairly often.  People like you are the primary negative about the logo for me, and I enjoy making fun of your obsession.

My obsession is the university I attended as did much of my family. I love the history of the school and everything it use to be. I’ll never stop with the Fighting Sioux and neither should the Ralph. Why throw our history down the drain. Display it proudly and keep the memory of what this place use to be. 

• Upvote 4

On 1/22/2019 at 1:02 PM, ChrisUND1 said:

To your point:  "Fighting Sioux" is not the nickname anymore.  It never will be the name again.

Really? All I hear at hockey games is "Let's go Sioux!" What does that tell you? 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

45 minutes ago, UND-MH-Fan said:

My obsession is the university I attended as did much of my family. I love the history of the school and everything it use to be. I’ll never stop with the Fighting Sioux and neither should the Ralph. Why throw our history down the drain. Display it proudly and keep the memory of what this place use to be. 

So go to games with your Sioux jersey and have fun. Others will wear the Hawk jersey, laugh at the mascot and have a good time. It can all exist as we all cheer the team to victory, remember the non-UND fans are the enemy not other UND fans.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UND-MH-Fan said:

My obsession is the university I attended as did much of my family. I love the history of the school and everything it use to be. I’ll never stop with the Fighting Sioux Flickertails and neither should the Ralph. Why throw our history down the drain. Display it proudly and keep the memory of what this place use to be. 

fyp

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, UND-MH-Fan said:

My Great Grandfather was a flickertail. Would have rather we returned to that nickname.

Being there are the Gophers in Mn, that kind of ruins it for me as for the present.
Although, having the Flickertails as our 1st nickname is great.
And, having the Sioux as our 2nd nickname is a grand slam.

Time will only tell what my grandson may post on here regarding the nicknames, he graduated from kindergarten today?

10 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Being there are the Gophers in Mn, that kind of ruins it for me as for the present.
Although, having the Flickertails as our 1st nickname is great.
And, having the Sioux as our 2nd nickname is a grand slam.

Time will only tell what my grandson may post on here regarding the nickname, he graduated from kindergarten today?

Congrats proud grandpa!

10 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Putting the "lamp" underneath the scoreboard is not going to look good IMO.  I'm not talking about that it will have the retired Fighting Sioux logo on it.  I'm talking about that it is going to look awkward.  Not to mention blocking the view of the underneath screens.  Looking at the mock up pic, it already looks weird.

scoreboard.jpg

Looks fine to me.  Not sure what the problem is...

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, CarpeRemote said:

Sounds like an obsession 

...and then there are people who are obsessed about those people that are obsessed.  But the funny part is the people that yell "Fighting Sioux" the most, the students, never were in college when they were the "Fighting Sioux".  

2 hours ago, tnt said:

...and then there are people who are obsessed about those people that are obsessed.  But the funny part is the people that yell "Fighting Sioux" the most, the students, never were in college when they were the "Fighting Sioux".  

Maybe some of them were:lol:

22 hours ago, UND-MH-Fan said:

Because that logo, however nice looking, wasn’t worth a !@#$. 0 national titles.