SiouxSports.com Forum

Scoreboard change

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

56 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The correct answer is Stanford.
Their success across the gamut of sports they sponsor is amazing. 

2017-18: https://nacda.com/news/2018/6/30/2017_18_Division_I_Learfield_Directors_Cup_Final_Standings.aspx

Historically: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NACDA_Directors'_Cup

Good call on Stanford.  They are quite good in just about everything it seems.

48 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Just want to point out separately that this point is completely inaccurate. UND paid an additional $247K to the REA outside of the 52% of ticket revenue for other things such as ticketing. And neither of those figures include an additional $1.1 million paid for "utilities, maintenance staff, phone service and other expenses".

OK, thank you for the clarification.  Is there a good location to see the finances of where all the money goes?

2 hours ago, Benny Baker said:

Yup.

And suggesting that internet message board banter is the reason UND does not have successful athletic programs is the most illogical thing I’ve heard this week. 

Ah crap!  I was so excited to respond to that one, but I had to stop for what seemed like hours to process the logic with jaw agape, saliva drip, and once recovered you had beaten me to it!  A noble effort, Mr. Baker, but the SS board has brought together some of finest in Millennial-isms.  Great authorities on all that is just not so.

5 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Sure:  Ohio St, Florida, Texas, Michigan, USC, etc. have all been top programs in basketball and football at one point.  Throw in hockey and baseball as well for a couple of those.  Closer to home, South Dakota State has a top FCS football program and is a solid basketball school.

It should be even easier when 1 of the major sports is a niche sport like hockey and the other is FCS subdivision football.

how does UND compare to those schools in enrollment, endowment, alumni contributions....    I guess the dark idea in the back of my mind is we are over reaching to want natties in two sports at the level we have chosen for the size of school we are...   Is the real key to the ag school success the over focus on football and the rest are necessary evils?   Is their fan base as divided as we are?

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I mean, we didn't score a lot this year, so I can see how this would happen hahaha.

Silver lining of anemic offense:  the REA didn't go over budget on the "smoke shooting thingie". So we've got that going for us, which is nice.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ChrisUND1 said:

Silver lining of anemic offense:  the REA didn't go over budget on the "smoke shooting thingie". So we've got that going for us, which is nice.

Still have enough, that the 48% of scoreing smoke they turn over......

will take football thru the 2023 season. 

:whistling:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...