SiouxSports.com Forum

Scoreboard change

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

What parts of the Ralph do you think could be improved on?

I am surprised about the pushback on the scoreboard size.

it appears most are pretty happy with the status quo 

now just keep the Ralph as is and return the Sioux name and it is back to the way it was.  :unsure:

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Cratter said:

I don't think its going to seem that big in person. It's not even as tall as the old one.

I think you're right.  I want to see a view of the whole arena with it up.  The close up pics will make it look bigger.  The pre game stuff is gonna look great with all the new video boards and technology.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Langster019 said:

This is going to be nice. 

A71461CA-0663-4560-8F7B-1412B84F525A.jpeg

Putting the "lamp" underneath the scoreboard is not going to look good IMO.  I'm not talking about that it will have the retired Fighting Sioux logo on it.  I'm talking about that it is going to look awkward.  Not to mention blocking the view of the underneath screens.  Looking at the mock up pic, it already looks weird.

scoreboard.jpg

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Putting the "lamp" underneath the scoreboard is not going to look good IMO.  I'm not talking about that it will have the retired Fighting Sioux logo on it.  I'm talking about that it is going to look awkward.  Not to mention blocking the view of the underneath screens.  Looking at the mock up pic, it already looks weird.

scoreboard.jpg

I agree with you.

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

scoreboard.jpg

Is there somewhere else in the arena it could be placed? 

On 1/22/2019 at 10:59 AM, Siouxperfan7 said:

With the smaller screens screens underneath the scoreboard, I seems that that circle part would be in the way and obstruct the view from the bench and lover bowl.

On 1/22/2019 at 11:01 AM, ChrisUND1 said:

IF it remains, imagine you are Daktronics, and are told that you have to design the screens to account for the remaining structure, or heck, it will just block the screens.  Asinine. 

As we noted on page one of this thread, way back in January, the part from the old scoreboard shouldn't be on the new scoreboard.  However...it will be.

7 hours ago, northernraider said:

Maybe I will be more impressed in person but seems it will make people forget there is an actual hockey game being played underneath it! On the plus side, all the advertising is gonna be YUGE! 

It's also going to have pictures on it haha. It's unimpressive right now because it's just blank.

1 hour ago, ChrisUND1 said:

As we noted on page one of this thread, way back in January, the part from the old scoreboard shouldn't be on the new scoreboard.  However...it will be.

Why not? Because you don't want it to be? The old video screens are being used.

EDIT: Disregard. UNDBIZ provided me some context.

The new scoreboard is too big, that is too many fireworks, I can’t possibly eat burnt ends in addition to other smoked meat.   First world problems. Suck it up buttercups. Put on your big boy pants and polish off those burnt ends. Count me in on the you can’t have to much of a good thing. 

• Like 1