Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

Scoreboard change

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

How many Sioux logos are directly next to the score? ;)

How many non-digital hawk logos are there in the REA? ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

How many non-digital hawk logos are there in the REA? ;)

At least 42 on the ice during the game! But, those aren't near the scoreboard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChrisUND1 said:

New scoreboard is stunning, obviously. 

Like I said from day one, retrofitting a masterpiece like that with part of the old scoreboard, just so we can have the sioux logo ("the precious") underneath it, can be described by many adjectives that I won't rehash.

As the months roll by, and this same crap keeps happening, I find myself moving farther and farther away from UND hockey, and closer and closer to UND football, basketball, and volleyball.   The UND volleyball photo shoot the other day is a great example of these other programs moving on, while the hockey program/sioux forever folks keep clinging to the past.  (please, no sexist remarks about the photo, that wasn't my intent when I posted it)

UND VB Hawks.jpg

You're moving away from UND hockey because they show the Sioux logo? Goodness. I just don't understand this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iluvdebbies said:

Stop picking at the scab would be a good start.

There’s no scab to pick. It’s a gaping wound.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChrisUND1 said:

UND VB Hawks.jpg

Is it just me or does the shadow on the white screen form a Ben Brien Sioux logo?  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MafiaMan said:

Is it just me or does the shadow on the white screen form a Ben Brien Sioux logo?  

HAHAHA :D well done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

You're moving away from UND hockey because they show the Sioux logo? Goodness. I just don't understand this.

They’re designating their program as separate. I support UND athletics and the hockey program is becoming more and more like east Germany. It’s old and delusional.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

They’re designating their program as separate. I support UND athletics and the hockey program is becoming more and more like east Germany. It’s old and delusional.

While I can see what you're saying, I guess I just don't see it that way. It's transitioning away (some think it's too slow, but so be it) from the Sioux logo. Like Darrell and I talked about before, we just need to stop both arguing who is right and just realize we're all UND and cheering for the same team. The transition will absolutely happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

While I can see what you're saying, I guess I just don't see it that way. It's transitioning away (some think it's too slow, but so be it) from the Sioux logo. Like Darrell and I talked about before, we just need to stop both arguing who is right and just realize we're all UND and cheering for the same team. The transition will absolutely happen.

I’ve heard what is thought of the new nickname and logo by the hockey program and they are being dragged kicking and screaming for even an inch of progress towards the new brand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I’ve heard what is thought of the new nickname and logo by the hockey program and they are being dragged kicking and screaming for even an inch of progress towards the new brand.

And it'll happen. I've seen many players wear Hawks gear. I feel like it's silly to think it's going to happen right away and it's clearly not happening right away as we are talking about this all the time. I don't see the problem with recognizing that it'll take time for many people to "get over it". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I’ve heard what is thought of the new nickname and logo by the hockey program and they are being dragged kicking and screaming for even an inch of progress towards the new brand.

 

16 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

And it'll happen. I've seen many players wear Hawks gear. I feel like it's silly to think it's going to happen right away and it's clearly not happening right away as we are talking about this all the time. I don't see the problem with recognizing that it'll take time for many people to "get over it". 

*Not Photo shopped!! :D

players.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

While I can see what you're saying, I guess I just don't see it that way. It's transitioning away (some think it's too slow, but so be it) from the Sioux logo. Like Darrell and I talked about before, we just need to stop both arguing who is right and just realize we're all UND and cheering for the same team. The transition will absolutely happen.

It's been 7 years since the name was retired. The players on the team were in junior high or younger the last time UND was officially known as the Fighting Sioux. Do we need to wait another 10-15 years so that the players on the team weren't actually born before 2012 and maybe then the transition can be complete?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

 

All that scoreboard and still not enough room on it to fully display the teams logos. Lol

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Sioux logo on the bottom of the scoreboard doesn’t bother me. I am not in the Sioux forever crowd.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Miami transitioned away from the Redskins in 1997 and that transition still isn't complete yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

And it'll happen. I've seen many players wear Hawks gear. I feel like it's silly to think it's going to happen right away and it's clearly not happening right away as we are talking about this all the time. I don't see the problem with recognizing that it'll take time for many people to "get over it". 

Brad Berry has shown terrible leadership on this topic. He should take notes from Bubba.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

It's been 7 years since the name was retired. The players on the team were in junior high or younger the last time UND was officially known as the Fighting Sioux. Do we need to wait another 10-15 years so that the players on the team weren't actually born before 2012 and maybe then the transition can be complete?

I think it would make sense. Seven years, man. We had the Sioux name for way more than 7 years. My thought is that it'd take a generation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, geaux_sioux said:

Brad Berry has shown terrible leadership on this topic. He should take notes from Bubba.

He just doesn't like the name lol. Oh well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stoneySIOUX said:

He just doesn't like the name lol. Oh well?

Pretty sure Bubba didn’t “like” it either and would prefer to be Sioux like everyone. However he took a step back a realized that he could make the most of it or make the problem worse.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Pretty sure Bubba didn’t “like” it either and would prefer to be Sioux like everyone. However he took a step back a realized that he could make the most of it or make the problem worse.

Fair. I'm just not in the camp that believes it's a big deal. I also feel ike the Sioux logo and name has a stronger connection to the hockey program, IMO, for whatever reason. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stoneySIOUX said:

Fair. I'm just not in the camp that believes it's a big deal. 

Some people who are not big hockey fans just are looking for any reason to dump on them.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tnt said:

Some people who are not big hockey fans just are looking for any reason to dump on them.

Meh, I won't go that far. Most people on here feel like they are a big part of the hockey program. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Is the REA under any obligation to benefit UND as a whole?

According to the founding documents of REA, Inc., yes they are.

So if there were a Hawks logo under the scoreboard, that's a benefit to UND?

They let that stupid parrot roam the stands during the game.  Is that a benefit to UND?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Cratter said:

All that scoreboard and still not enough room on it to fully display the teams logos. Lol

I also feel like they should swap the score and sog spots.  I'd like to see shots displayed bold and proud

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...