SiouxSports.com Forum

Scoreboard change

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

1 hour ago, ChrisUND1 said:

New scoreboard is stunning, obviously. 

Like I said from day one, retrofitting a masterpiece like that with part of the old scoreboard, just so we can have the sioux logo ("the precious") underneath it, can be described by many adjectives that I won't rehash.

As the months roll by, and this same crap keeps happening, I find myself moving farther and farther away from UND hockey, and closer and closer to UND football, basketball, and volleyball.   The UND volleyball photo shoot the other day is a great example of these other programs moving on, while the hockey program/sioux forever folks keep clinging to the past.  (please, no sexist remarks about the photo, that wasn't my intent when I posted it)

UND VB Hawks.jpg

You're moving away from UND hockey because they show the Sioux logo? Goodness. I just don't understand this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

You're moving away from UND hockey because they show the Sioux logo? Goodness. I just don't understand this.

They’re designating their program as separate. I support UND athletics and the hockey program is becoming more and more like east Germany. It’s old and delusional.

21 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

They’re designating their program as separate. I support UND athletics and the hockey program is becoming more and more like east Germany. It’s old and delusional.

While I can see what you're saying, I guess I just don't see it that way. It's transitioning away (some think it's too slow, but so be it) from the Sioux logo. Like Darrell and I talked about before, we just need to stop both arguing who is right and just realize we're all UND and cheering for the same team. The transition will absolutely happen.

20 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

While I can see what you're saying, I guess I just don't see it that way. It's transitioning away (some think it's too slow, but so be it) from the Sioux logo. Like Darrell and I talked about before, we just need to stop both arguing who is right and just realize we're all UND and cheering for the same team. The transition will absolutely happen.

I’ve heard what is thought of the new nickname and logo by the hockey program and they are being dragged kicking and screaming for even an inch of progress towards the new brand.

2 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I’ve heard what is thought of the new nickname and logo by the hockey program and they are being dragged kicking and screaming for even an inch of progress towards the new brand.

And it'll happen. I've seen many players wear Hawks gear. I feel like it's silly to think it's going to happen right away and it's clearly not happening right away as we are talking about this all the time. I don't see the problem with recognizing that it'll take time for many people to "get over it". 

19 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

16 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

And it'll happen. I've seen many players wear Hawks gear. I feel like it's silly to think it's going to happen right away and it's clearly not happening right away as we are talking about this all the time. I don't see the problem with recognizing that it'll take time for many people to "get over it". 

*Not Photo shopped!! :D

players.jpg

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

It's been 7 years since the name was retired. The players on the team were in junior high or younger the last time UND was officially known as the Fighting Sioux. Do we need to wait another 10-15 years so that the players on the team weren't actually born before 2012 and maybe then the transition can be complete?

56 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Brad Berry has shown terrible leadership on this topic. He should take notes from Bubba.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

It's been 7 years since the name was retired. The players on the team were in junior high or younger the last time UND was officially known as the Fighting Sioux. Do we need to wait another 10-15 years so that the players on the team weren't actually born before 2012 and maybe then the transition can be complete?

I think it would make sense. Seven years, man. We had the Sioux name for way more than 7 years. My thought is that it'd take a generation. 

6 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Pretty sure Bubba didn’t “like” it either and would prefer to be Sioux like everyone. However he took a step back a realized that he could make the most of it or make the problem worse.

Fair. I'm just not in the camp that believes it's a big deal. I also feel ike the Sioux logo and name has a stronger connection to the hockey program, IMO, for whatever reason. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Is the REA under any obligation to benefit UND as a whole?

According to the founding documents of REA, Inc., yes they are.

So if there were a Hawks logo under the scoreboard, that's a benefit to UND?

They let that stupid parrot roam the stands during the game.  Is that a benefit to UND?

• Upvote 2