SiouxSports.com Forum

Scoreboard change

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

12 minutes ago, Benny Baker said:

This^^^  

A big cause of the nickname controversy are those who get unreasonably triggered by the sight of a Sioux logo and can't let it go.  "OMG, there's a Sioux logo hidden away, underneath our new $6,000,000.00 scoreboard!!!"  Why is this even an issue?

These people would probably also turn down a free $6M mansion merely because the seller wanted a bathroom closet to remain painted green.

My issue is that they went so far out of their way to keep one logo that they retrofitted the existing structure of the old scoreboard to avoid having to scrap one more precious. That is just plain nonsensical.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Benny Baker said:

This^^^  

A big cause of the nickname controversy are those who get unreasonably triggered by the sight of a Sioux logo and can't let it go.  "OMG, there's a Sioux logo hidden away, underneath our new $6,000,000.00 scoreboard!!!"  Why is this even an issue?

These people would probably also turn down a free $6M mansion merely because the seller wanted a bathroom closet to remain painted green.

The issue is not that there is Sioux logo a part of the new scoreboard.  It's that even though there are over 2500 logos inside the REA, the REA could not bear to lose 1 logo that was in a predominant location.  Like I said.  No problem with acknowledging the Sioux logo.  Just wish the REA would make a little effort to acknowledge the  Fighting Hawks logo.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Benny Baker said:

I think before you can get a fair answer to why it's an issue, you need to answer the question of why did they need to go out of their way include it in the first place, to the point they had to customize the structure to put it there. 

When the project was announced, the overwhelming response from a subset of the fanbase was concern on what would happen to the logo. Why was that an issue? 

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

The issue is not that there is Sioux logo a part of the new scoreboard.  It's that even though there are over 2500 logos inside the REA, the REA could not bear to lose 1 logo that was in a predominant location.  Like I said.  No problem with acknowledging the Sioux logo.  Just wish the REA would make a little effort to acknowledge the  Fighting Hawks logo.

It's on the uniforms, it's on the scoreboard next to the most important part of the game... seems like they keep building it in. Maybe, like they are progressively doing this? :)

11 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I actually believe they should have moved the old underscoreboard lamp to the concourse somewhere, or on the ceiling of the hallway between the olympic and ice level of the REA.

Would have fit nice with the old Ralph seats and pictures there.

It does not fit well with the new scoreboard. 

I think it's beautiful any place they put it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

1 logo on each side of the scoreboard next to the score (4 total Fighting Hawk logos)......2500 Sioux logos.  Narrowing the gap!! #progress ;)

Don't forget the 2 shoulder patches per jersey, and any future championship banners. Not quite 2500 but getting there.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I actually believe they should have moved the old underscoreboard lamp to the concourse somewhere, or on the ceiling of the hallway between the olympic and ice level of the REA.

I wonder what the fine print from the NCAA would say about that. It seems, just based on how they have been going about things, that they wouldn’t be able to add that lamp to another area because they would have to build new structure to hold it. I’m not sure though.

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

I wonder what the fine print from the NCAA would say about that. It seems, just based on how they have been going about things, that they wouldn’t be able to add that lamp to another area because they would have to build new structure to hold it. I’m not sure though.

The hallway would be fine as it isnt a full on "public space" for gamedays.

The old scoreboard lettering being used on the entrance to the green room is fine.

As long is a newly made display isnt visible on TV.... NCAA is not concerned.

In actuality the name and logo are officially changed, they won, the NCAA have gone back to not even knowing where North Dakota is, let alone giving a !@#$ about logos in the building.

56 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Hey we agree on something nickname/logo related!  Not sure on the engineering, but it would've looked nice on the wall of one of the lounges as well.

3 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

It’s really fun to watch the Hawkzi crowd project on the Sioux4ever crowd!

C'mon, man. Let's just be cool about this. Both sides have completely valid points. Let time run it's course and not huck names like that.

1 minute ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Slow progression, but hey, they are getting there!!  

I'd say it's not that slow especially having it on the jerseys and right near the score, but it's getting there. Plus, the mascot. I wouldn't mind more logos added, though.

11 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I'd say it's not that slow especially having it on the jerseys and right near the score, but it's getting there. Plus, the mascot. I wouldn't mind more logos added, though.

Logo at center ice?

I just find it funny that the people that are so insistent that the logo be prominently displayed had no problem when the Sioux logo wasn't on the field in football or were barely noticeable on uniforms and such in other sports. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, tnt said:

I just find it funny that the people that are so insistent that the logo be prominently displayed had no problem when the Sioux logo wasn't on the field in football or were barely noticeable on uniforms and such in other sports. 

At the Alerus we’ve been complaining about no logo at the 50 since the building opened. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1