SiouxSports.com Forum

Scoreboard change

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

• 2 weeks later...

I taught there would of been quite a few comments about the scoreboard after this first game.

Definitely an eye catcher, huge and crisp.
Those screens from the old scoreboard sure look small. 
The white on the BigScreens is as white as an angels wings.
Lots of advertising all around.
Seems like a hell-of-ah buy for only contributing $2M. Thanks Kris!

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Suppose we gotta find something to complain about being 7-1-1 with a team that can put the puck in the net. We could win out this year and someone on this site would complain about the glare of the trophy hurting their eyes.

Well excuuuuse me for daring to mention that they could possibly make better use of the new video screen with more things involving the hockey game to fire up the crowd and fewer commercials.  

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Irish said:

Well excuuuuse me for daring to mention that they could possibly make better use of the new video screen with more things involving the hockey game to fire up the crowd and fewer commercials.  

Your point is fair, but complaining about it here won’t make anything change. Someone would have to email The Ralph with these suggestions if you really want to see change. They have to show ads because of sponsors and stuff, but maybe they could time it differently. 

3 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

Your point is fair, but complaining about it here won’t make anything change. Someone would have to email The Ralph with these suggestions if you really want to see change. They have to show ads because of sponsors and stuff, but maybe they could time it differently. 

True, but by that logic there is no sense discussing anything on this board since it won't make anything change.  And I have emailed the Ralph.

5 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Suppose we gotta find something to complain about being 7-1-1 with a team that can put the puck in the net. We could win out this year and someone on this site would complain about the glare of the trophy hurting their eyes.

Amen to this^^^

I thought it was monstrous large, but LOVE it when play in in corners where my view is blocked by students standing and by boards.

Can really see the play well when down low and or on the wall.

• Upvote 1

On 11/8/2019 at 10:47 PM, Irish said:

The new video screen is nice for replays but otherwise seem to function broadcasting stupid advertising games or as a crowd dance cam.  Not impressed with its use.

Lots of opportunities to use those big screens to improve game day experience, but advertising is money.