SiouxSports.com Forum

First things first: Drake

The Sicatoka

This looks like a great game.  We have UND   -9.  O/U: 43  Mythical score:  26-17

Last season the Hawks were a force beating 2 out of 3 teams ranked at game time.  They won most of their games decisevely and the losses were mostly close.  There are significant losses but there is enough remaining especially on defense to be optimistic its next man up.

Drake had problems with the stonger teams and lost decisively to Montana.  People are certain to be looking at the comparative scores:  UND 41 Montana 14; Drake  16 Montana 48.   That game was early.  Drake did much better later in a losing effort to San Diego and only lost to Iowa State by 3.  

There is upset potential for Drake.  Its UND -11.5 on 5dimes and -9 and GAM Headquarters.  There is also route potential for the Hawks.  That is what the UND fans are looking for if there is going to be optimism going into what is a tough stretch of games starting at the Fabulous Fargo Dome.

1 hour ago, Boydj282 said:

This looks like a great game.  We have UND   -9.  O/U: 43  Mythical score:  26-17

Last season the Hawks were a force beating 2 out of 3 teams ranked at game time.  They won most of their games decisevely and the losses were mostly close.  There are significant losses but there is enough remaining especially on defense to be optimistic its next man up.

Drake had problems with the stonger teams and lost decisively to Montana.  People are certain to be looking at the comparative scores:  UND 41 Montana 14; Drake  16 Montana 48.   That game was early.  Drake did much better later in a losing effort to San Diego and only lost to Iowa State by 3.  

There is upset potential for Drake.  Its UND -11.5 on 5dimes and -9 and GAM Headquarters.  There is also route potential for the Hawks.  That is what the UND fans are looking for if there is going to be optimism going into what is a tough stretch of games starting at the Fabulous Fargo Dome.

So what you are saying is anything can happen? Glad I bought a ticket

• Like 2

5 hours ago, northernraider said:

So what you are saying is anything can happen? Glad I bought a ticket

No!  What GAM Headquarters is saying it's UND -9.

If UND doesnt handle this team easily it will be a short season begining at the Fabulous Fargo Dome the following week.  UND could be on the sidelines by Oct but still mathematically eligible for the playoffs.

Thats twice if you need it explained a third time please PM me.  

8 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

So how does having this game Saturday afternoon of Labor Day weekend effect everyone that regularly goes to games? For me, I will not be attending as it’s essentially the last weekend at the lake. Wishing it was on Thursday but will be watching from afar!

I will not be attending.  Hard not to make outside plans for the last “summer” weekend of the year.

40 minutes ago, Boydj282 said:

No!  What GAM Headquarters is saying it's UND -9.

If UND doesnt handle this team easily it will be a short season begining at the Fabulous Fargo Dome the following week.  UND could be on the sidelines by Oct but still mathematically eligible for the playoffs.

Thats twice if you need it explained a third time please PM me.  

Is that buy out still available?

1 hour ago, sioux24/7 said:

So how does having this game Saturday afternoon of Labor Day weekend effect everyone that regularly goes to games? For me, I will not be attending as it’s essentially the last weekend at the lake. Wishing it was on Thursday but will be watching from afar!

Summer is over, I will most definitely be there 

12 hours ago, VMeister said:

You realize “Fabulous Fargo Dome” gives you away, JBB?

May as well throw in a “Big Dakota 3”.

Plus a reference to the “Boarder Marker”. 

It’s cute that Bjornson found his way back to the internets. 

42 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Cost per tails?

Cost per tails and of course the indirect correlation to cost per heads.........where is Boydj when we need him!!

We want the ball 1st vrs Drake.  They have 4 returning starters on Defense with one of them being a stud at D-back, but 1 DB can't cover 5 options.  Everyone wants to see what Danny has to show.

On the other side of the ball, Drake has a new QB, but surrounded by a bunch of returners.  I'd hate to see Drake have some success early.

7 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Drake is not that bad of a team.  It's going to be a good game

Seems like I had heard or read somewhere that Drake is returning quite a few starters, but I can't remember if I'm dreaming that or not.  Either way we better put up 40 points or I will likely be disappointed.