SiouxSports.com Forum

First things first: Drake

The Sicatoka

1 hour ago, Sioux_FF said:

I got my tickets last week, but was getting nervous about tailgate passes.    I talked to Derick, the tailgate guy at UND.   They are getting the passes from the printer this afternoon and hope to have the tailgate passes out in the mail tomorrow.

Good! I got my tickets 2 weeks ago and havn't got my tailgate passes yet so was getting worried.

20 hours ago, iramurphy said:

Baloney. UND needs to win the game. They need to evaluate a number of players under game conditions. New coaches and Bubba need to perfect communication during game conditions and Freund needs to evaluate his offensive scheme with this years personnel. We need to get better as game goes on. We need to be able to get key back ups playing time. We need to develop our ability as players and coaches to adjust  to game conditions and put away the opposition in the second half. None of us knows how good Drake will be so we need to assume we have to play our butts off and play mistake free FB to win the game. If we can accomplish all of that it will be a successful start to the season and I couldn’t give a rat’s behind for the margin of victory.  

The reality is college football (i.e., playoff committee) looks at style points. The above philosophy doesn’t take that into account. UND can better themselves with game reps while also planning to beat Drake by a sizeable margin. Most importantly, UND shouldn’t have to throw everything but the kitchen sink at Drake to get the win. If not, then as I stated before,  that’s failure. 

30 minutes ago, BIGSIOUX said:

still have not seen my tickets yet either, i was going to wait til tomorrow to call...  

Good to know its not just "on my end"

I called yesterday and was told they many to send out but should expect them by early next week.

38 minutes ago, Ozzie82 said:

Posts that have the "anyone who disagrees with me is wrong" subtext are in my opinion, not helpful to this Hawk football community. It's a discussion board; "end of story" does not further discussion. There are many good posters here, yourself included, who are loyal and intelligent fans and I look forward to their thoughts on the football team. The trend in today's society of black or white opinions, no grey allowed, is troubling. I hope for a higher level of discourse and camaraderie.

Agree.  Good post.  

• Upvote 1

On 8/22/2019 at 1:07 PM, Ozzie82 said:

Posts that have the "anyone who disagrees with me is wrong" subtext are, in my opinion, not helpful to this Hawk football community. It's a discussion board; "end of story" does not further discussion. There are many good posters here, yourself included, who are loyal and intelligent fans and I look forward to their thoughts on the football team. The trend in today's society of black or white opinions, no grey allowed, is troubling. I hope for a higher level of discourse and camaraderie.

I’m not sure a feel good post of morality was needed at my expense but thanks for that. Have a nice day. 

Beat Drake.

• Upvote 1