SiouxSports.com Forum

First things first: Drake

The Sicatoka

I know some of you have a priapism* for NDSU right now, but first things first: Drake.

The Bulldogs are coming off a 7-4 campaign (2nd in Pioneer League) where their losses were @Montana, Stetson, San Diego, and @Iowa State. Looking past Drake would be a catastrophic mistake, especially having installed a new offense. 

To the NDSU fans reading this: Your opener? Butler? Meh. No worries. They don't get up for season openers. Look past them. You'll be fine. ;):D

*That's for Mama Sue, the nurse, to explain. ;) 

1 hour ago, Mama Sue said:

I seemy other list was deleted... I sunk to quite a low level.... three in some possibilities for future Bison games... anyway, I totally appreciate everything EMTs and paramedics do in the ER!!!

I know. But it is so much fun to get on each other. Litterly  kept some people from going nuts. 

I remember the 2015 Drake game. Believe it was the second game of the year, right after the Wyoming game. The first half it appeared the Sioux were not ready to play. 

Overlooking a opponent and not being ready to play is never acceptable. Every play is the Super Bowl until the games over or the dogs are called off 

11 minutes ago, Fry Bread said:

I know. But it is so much fun to get on each other. Litterly  kept some people from going nuts. 

I remember the 2015 Drake game. Believe it was the second game of the year, right after the Wyoming game. The first half it appeared the Sioux were not ready to play. 

Overlooking a opponent and not being ready to play is never acceptable. Every play is the Super Bowl until the games over or the dogs are called off 

They were ready to play the first half.  Problem was the second half they started looking ahead to the next game.....hope history doesn't repeat itself.  

Ok.... I had this on another thread.... I certainly appreciate all the Fry Breads out there..  His initial response was that was cruel and I did not want him to think I did not appreciate EMTs.... I was speaking of the priapism issue

"I am talking about this disorder.... you think I have been in ER for 42 years and don’t appreciate someone doing CPR for me?

You do know how to treat this disorder right? In “extreme “ cases where blood flow stops there are injections for the “area affected.” Otherwise the area can get ischemic and die.... like rot and fall off. I have never seen that. I have seen several parts of the body rot and fall off but not this...

Could you pass this affliction on to NDJuice U a few days before we play them in September? I have been stuck in the house too long in this cold..."

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

They were ready to play the first half.  Problem was the second half they started looking ahead to the next game.....hope history doesn't repeat itself.  

You may be correct. I do remember after that game thinking they can’t afford to do that again. But they did. 

In my opinion in the last four seasons they should of been in the playoffs three times with at least 2 playoff wins. 

They had a big hand screwing their selves out of the playoffs two of those years 

20 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

Ok.... I had this on another thread.... I certainly appreciate all the Fry Breads out there..  His initial response was that was cruel and I did not want him to think I did not appreciate EMTs.... I was speaking of the priapism issue

"I am talking about this disorder.... you think I have been in ER for 42 years and don’t appreciate someone doing CPR for me?

You do know how to treat this disorder right? In “extreme “ cases where blood flow stops there are injections for the “area affected.” Otherwise the area can get ischemic and die.... like rot and fall off. I have never seen that. I have seen several parts of the body rot and fall off but not this...

Could you pass this affliction on to NDJuice U a few days before we play them in September? I have been stuck in the house too long in this cold..."

Mama, relax, all is good. I took it as a good natured dig and replied in kind. 

Doing this board for over four years and never once took offense. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

I think with Danny running the offense, we are going to beat Drake by about 54-7, like we always should.  No more of this 21-13 garbage for our season opening "buy" game.  Back to the way it should be!

Amen!!

• Upvote 2

• 5 months later...

A little history on Drake vrs "like kind' opponents.

2015-  UND 21/Drake 18        Yotes 52/Drake 0

2016-  Jacks 56/Drake 28

2017-  Yotes 77/Drake 7       Jacks 51/Drake 10

2018-  Griz 48/Drake 16      Iowa St 27/Drake 24 (this game was a torrential down pour and mud fest, FYI)

Average of 5 games in bold 56.8 points vrs Drake 12.2

47.42 vrs 14.71  considering a Rudy offense and a mud bowl.

2019 - If we don't score in the 40's I'll be a little worried.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

2016-  Jacks 56/Drake 28

2018-  Griz 48/Drake 16      Iowa St 27/Drake 24 (this game was a torrential down pour and mud fest, FYI)

Great information! Found the 2015 / 2018 info particularly interesting.

23 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

2016-  Jacks 56/Drake 28

I think Danny’s offense will open it up and end the game by halftime. 

• 2 weeks later...