SiouxSports.com Forum

First things first: Drake

The Sicatoka

26 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Scheduling a football game against Air Force would be an awesome idea. In fact, we should try to schedule Air Force in as many sports as possible, imo.  Maybe a UND home hockey series for an Air Force home football game is a good trade?

one way to get FBS wins would be to schedule as many triple vear teams as possible...army, navy, air force, georgia tech....

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, forksandspoons said:

Has UND ever sent anyone to the air force base to hand out the free military tickets? Might be a way to get some new fans

I agree that it would be nice to get more interest from people at the air base but handing out tickets rarely results in those tickets being used - people take them because they don't want to be rude by saying no thanks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

I agree that it would be nice to get more interest from people at the air base but handing out tickets rarely results in those tickets being used - people take them because they don't want to be rude by saying no thanks. 

that's why if they sent a bus or two or three to the base the people actually getting onthe bus more than likely would attend the game

9 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Less than a week away from the first game of the season and the roster does not even appear to be updated on the Athletics website. There are still names, that we have heard are no longer on the team, and not updated pictures.

Seems like this is an issue annually. Doesn't make it seem like these guys take the program as seriously as they should. Frustrating to see on a regular basis.

It’s UND athletics department overall stance towards football (and lack of common sense) that is the issue. More apathy year after year. I digress now before I get in trouble referencing Canada and ice puck. 

3 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

It’s UND athletics department overall stance towards football (and lack of common sense) that is the issue. More apathy year after year. I digress now before I get in trouble referencing Canada and ice puck. 

bring back faison.....or BUNNING!

Really don't like Holm returning kicks.  The risk reward just doesn't seem worth it.  With how important he is to our defense, it just doesn't seem worth it to risk injury if he isn't a superstar return man.  Plus it gasses him for when he plays defense... let the guy rest and stay fresh.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Really don't like Holm returning kicks.  The risk reward just doesn't seem worth it.  With how important he is to our defense, it just doesn't seem worth it to risk injury if he isn't a superstar return man.  Plus it gasses him for when he plays defense... let the guy rest and stay fresh.

I was hoping to see Griebel do more returning. quick, shifty, and not going to get as many reps because we are deep at receiver.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

I still expect the OL and RBs to steal the show. I hope we are pleasantly surprised by the DL and how they contribute to a stout shut down D. I'm prepared to see Kett struggle, but hopefully have a few break out plays to help shake off the 2nd half of last season. 

I'm not prepared to say Kett will steal the show, but remember this is more like the offense he was running at Sac St (or so I have heard), plus he does have plenty of tools to use. I think we could be pleasantly surprise with Kett, and will hopefully see more of a flash of what we thought we would get when he transferred.

7 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I'm not prepared to say Kett will steal the show, but remember this is more like the offense he was running at Sac St (or so I have heard), plus he does have plenty of tools to use. I think we could be pleasantly surprise with Kett, and will hopefully see more of a flash of what we thought we would get when he transferred.

Plus, if the OL and RB steal the show, I fully expect Kett to play better because he will have more time and the offense won't be so predictable.   I think one hand washes the other. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

Looks like it is all up there now. Nice to see that Chaves looks at his twitter and follows through. 

Very disappointing to think the online football rosters were not updated until less than a week before the first game - all because a regular every-day fan had to notify our AD via twitter. 

Does anyone else see the lapse here? Count me not impressed. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Very disappointing to think the online football rosters were not updated until less than a week before the first game - all because a regular every-day fan had to notify our AD via twitter. 

Yeah that is a little frustrating and embarrassing. One bright spot is that Chaves seems to be up with the times and made sure it was corrected asap. I'm willing to bet he's making sure it won't happen in other sports going forward, and for football next season. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

What is the cut off age for kids to start needing their own tickets? 

We've brought grandkids to a game occasionally the last couple years.    I believe the rule is 2 and over needs a ticket.  Under 2 gets in free, but is supposed to sit on a lap.      Our daughter signs our grandkids over 2 up for the Jr. Champions Club every year.    https://fightinghawks.com/sports/2019/5/2/jr-champions-about.aspx?id=1874          I believe it's free to join.   

With that membership they can get $5 tickets for kids for all football games.    All MBB and WBB games are free for the Jr Champions.   We have used it a lot.  Nice savings.

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

I was hoping to see Griebel do more returning. quick, shifty, and not going to get as many reps because we are deep at receiver.

I foresee him taking over more as the season goes on. I think the coaches put Wanzek back there to have someone sure-handed out of the gate. 

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Not disagreeing with you, just glad it got done and quickly.

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Every story has a brown lining yes.

57 minutes ago, Feff said:

I foresee him taking over more as the season goes on. I think the coaches put Wanzek back there to have someone sure-handed out of the gate. 

I hope we are up comfortably in the second half against Drake and I'd like to see Griebel returning punts in the 2nd half to see how he does.