SiouxSports.com Forum

UND to Summit/MVFC

UND92,96

6 hours ago, Gothmog said:

You could say the same about Iowa City or Champaign-Urbana too. Should the Gophers move to the Big Sky for its superior travel destinations?

I dont see how you could compare Iowa City to Cedar Falls. Not even close.

18 hours ago, DaveK said:

Isn't that what they used to call the Moorhead State/Concordia game? Or maybe I just imagined that, I'm really not sure.

I think it was the power bowl or something similar to that. Can't remember who was the sponsor. 

• Upvote 1

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 9:39 PM, Tolna said:

Another small recruiting tidbit, now that UND is joining the MVFC is their contract with ESPN. Every game is on ESPN3, makes it easy for parents to watch their son play. Also very nice for fans. 

I have seen several people try and pass this off as a plus.  I don't get it - Eversports shows all Big Sky games on line for free.... plus you can watch all games on demand for months.  ESPN3 usually requires a fee or up charge and not all providers have ESPN3 available.  Plus, the games are on demand for 2 or 3 weeks - then gone.  Plain and simple Eversports is a much better deal.  I don't get your logic.

• Upvote 1

On 1/27/2017 at 7:44 AM, The Sicatoka said:

Faison had better be working on some attractive road game destinations for 2020 and beyond, because Macomb is Greeley minus the mountain scenery and San Luis Obispo and Davis, CA, have bowel movements that look like Cedar Falls. 

Yeah, that's a bit harsh, but have you seen Cedar Falls? I'm sorry, but just as a travel destination there is no comparison. Don't try. 

On 1/28/2017 at 9:01 AM, Gothmog said:

You could say the same about Iowa City or Champaign-Urbana too. 

11 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

I wasn't comparing Iowa City to Cedar Falls. 

Seems like you were. 

1 hour ago, FSSD said:

I have seen several people try and pass this off as a plus.  I don't get it - Eversports shows all Big Sky games on line for free.... plus you can watch all games on demand for months.  ESPN3 usually requires a fee or up charge and not all providers have ESPN3 available.  Plus, the games are on demand for 2 or 3 weeks - then gone.  Plain and simple Eversports is a much better deal.  I don't get your logic.

Ive had streating issues with eversports. Last year they screwed up the Idaho st fb game and didn't even show the weber game. Also they don't stream games on roots sport network.

Love using the espn app on my roku, and have never had an issue with it.

I think alot of the eversports vs espn argument depends on your location and your current provider. For me personally, I'm looking forward to the change and not having to hook up my laptop every time I want to watch the game.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Ive had streating issues with eversports. Last year they screwed up the Idaho st fb game and didn't even show the weber game. Also they don't stream games on roots sport network.

Love using the espn app on my roku, and have never had an issue with it.

I think alot of the eversports vs espn argument depends on your location and your current provider. For me personally, I'm looking forward to the change and not having to hook up my laptop every time I want to watch the game.

I have both espn3 and eversports and I have never had problems with either of them.  But, I can go to any location and stream eversports.  Not true with espn3.

34 minutes ago, FSSD said:

I have both espn3 and eversports and I have never had problems with either of them.  But, I can go to any location and stream eversports.  Not true with espn3.

If you have the watchESPN app can you not stream it on your phone?  

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, FSSD said:

If you have Direct TV and the sport pack ESPN3  is called Espn Extra. They are in the 780-790 channel range and they show a lot of FCS football games.

13 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:
On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:01 AM, Gothmog said:

You could say the same about Iowa City or Champaign-Urbana too. 

13 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:
14 hours ago, Gothmog said:

I wasn't comparing Iowa City to Cedar Falls. 

No, what you "could say" about them is that they don't compare favorable to the mountain scenery of the Big Sky as a travel destination. It makes no difference how they compare to Cedar Falls.

Go to BV.  Suddenly the greatest football conference in college football history sucks and they need to go FBS.  All because of the addition of one team.  The addition of South Dakota was sweet-ass but now the entire conference is worthless and beneath them.  

BV is the message board equivalent of Appalachia. 

2 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

Go to BV.  Suddenly the greatest football conference in college football history sucks and they need to go FBS.  All because of the addition of one team.  The addition of South Dakota was sweet-ass but now the entire conference is worthless and beneath them.  

Haha I won't be doing that...I will take your word on it!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

What's with all this ESPN3 talk?  I thought everyone was going to be going to the games in person from now on.................

Good point.  Should stay in the Big Sky to ensure nobody goes to the games.  #eversportforever

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

What's with all this ESPN3 talk?  I thought everyone was going to be going to the games in person from now on.................

Not sure about the rest of you, but I'll go ahead and sit Macomb, Carbondale, Terre Haute, Normal and Youngstown out.  Still a move that needed to happen...

3 hours ago, UND-1 said:

You have to understand that a very small percentage want to move to FBS at all costs and will use any excuse to try and make that case.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, bison73 said:

You have to understand that a very small percentage want to move to FBS at all costs and will use any excuse to try and make that case.

Pretty much par for the course for most message boards.  The lunatics with the crazy opinions are the ones who make the most noise! 

4 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

I am catching up on the AGS thread on this topic and you would think that the word is ending. 

I love how they think we aren't going to beat anyone in the MVFC, its like they are the SEC or something. Comparing our Mussman years and Bubba's first year as the W-L factor. If thats the case the last time we played UNI we beat them with our DII team. They are a riot over there.