SiouxSports.com Forum

UND to Summit/MVFC

UND92,96

1 hour ago, bison73 said:

You have to understand that a very small percentage want to move to FBS at all costs and will use any excuse to try and make that case.

I'll agree with this. I think what you have is a very vocal minority. I think the majority of NDSU fans like where they are, and how they are competing. Most would rather compete for a national championship than a Garbage Bowl.

There is also a good chunk of people, not necessarily on the forums, that are happy about the move. Its just like politics, that most irrational people usually tend to be the loudest.

2 hours ago, bincitysioux said:

What's with all this ESPN3 talk?  I thought everyone was going to be going to the games in person from now on.................

So you don't think thus change will hane any impact on road tripping? Obviosly not thousands but at least it is now driveable.

• Upvote 3

"Just win, baby."

That is/should be the goal for all UND athletic programs. If that happens in the Big Sky Conference, highlights of that include Montana and Eastern Washington wins (unless it's the 2016 UND football team). If that happens in the MVFC, highlights include NDSU and SDSU wins. I am quite certain the masses of UND supporters would rather the latter occurs annually ("Where is Eastern Washington?"). 

Point being, a win against NDSU will always excite the Grand Forks/UND community more than any Eastern Washington or Montana win would, even if the polls suggest otherwise. That should be the goal: energize the fan base. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, bison73 said:

You have to understand that a very small percentage want to move to FBS at all costs and will use any excuse to try and make that case.

4 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Pretty much par for the course for most message boards.  The lunatics with the crazy opinions are the ones who make the most noise! 

I sure am glad SiouxSports.com isn't like that!

giphy.gif

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Only a couple hours farther than UND's current CLOSEST in-conference rival, no?  

Just wanted to remind people that not all MVFC schools are close enough to drive to. Same with the Summit League. Some people talk like the Summit/MVFC is a legitimate bus league, when in fact it is not.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Cratter said:

So UND fans without those who got to watch all those games on EverSports are up !@#$ creek without a paddle. 

Yes, but don't you have an iPad or iPhone or smart phone? I would imagine you have a cable package or internet provider that allows you to watch ESPN3.  

33 minutes ago, Cratter said:

So UND fans without those who got to watch all those games on EverSports are up !@#$ creek without a paddle. 

"Without those" = directtv or midco (meaning people without cable tv). 

So no they won't be able to use watchespn app on a mobile device. 

30 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Just wanted to remind people that not all MVFC schools are close enough to drive to. Same with the Summit League. Some people talk like the Summit/MVFC is a legitimate bus league, when in fact it is not.

To put things into perspective a bit...my family is probably above average(relative to other season ticket holders) as far as commitment to NDSU football.

My dad and sister(my mother and I occasionally join) will attend games in Fargo, Brookings, P5 games, and we've went to Cedar Falls and Sioux Falls(USD neutral site game) once a piece.  I've been to the Summit basketball tourney for the championship game once. I have not been to a road basketball game other than in Grand Forks.

It is nice knowing that there are several games any given year though that are very reasonable drives.  That's the big benefit.  Guaranteed sellout every other year too with NDSU coming to town.  

Just now, JohnboyND7 said:

To put things into perspective a bit...my family is probably above average(relative to other season ticket holders) as far as commitment to NDSU football.

My dad and sister(my mother and I occasionally join) will attend games in Fargo, Brookings, P5 games, and we've went to Cedar Falls and Sioux Falls(USD neutral site game) once a piece.  I've been to the Summit basketball tourney for the championship game once. I have not been to a road basketball game other than in Grand Forks.

It is nice knowing that there are several games any given year though that are very reasonable drives.  That's the big benefit.

No, it's all about watching the games on the internet.  That's where the fun is.

4 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

It is nice knowing that there are several games any given year though that are very reasonable drives.  That's the big benefit.  Guaranteed sellout every other year too with NDSU coming to town.  

Too summerize, South Dakota is close to Fargo.

• Upvote 1

Just now, UND-1 said:

No, it's all about watching the games on the internet.  That's where the fun is.

Well, ESPN3 works very well too.  

Just now, Cratter said:

Too summerize, South Dakota is close to Grand Forks.

UNI isn't a completely awful drive from GF, Fargo, and especially Minneapolis(three largest UND alumni metros?).

The Bye-Son arrogant fans (mostly on BV & AGS) are so full of hate towards Big Brother, and on top of that think they belong in FBS. How can they live with themselves? And mostly, that large wall that they had built on north side of campus, that blocked the FB team from going N, and that the MVFC knocked down last week, is just got them sicker than a dog. Poor little brother. There are so many people in ND and MN that just can't wait!!

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

The Bye-Son arrogant fans (mostly on BV & AGS) are so full of hate towards Big Brother, and on top of that think they belong in FBS. How can they live with themselves? And mostly, that large wall that they had built on north side of campus, that blocked the FB team from going N, and that the MVFC knocked down last week, is just got them sicker than a dog. Poor little brother. There are so many people in ND and MN that just can't wait!!

Who is always following the Bison.

• Downvote 1