SiouxSports.com Forum

UND to Summit/MVFC

UND92,96

Okay so we are giving up a bit of online access - albeit sometimes the production quality is lacking, which I being a remote fan have enjoyed especially being able to watch both basketball games at the same time. I realize that most fans will never go on a road trip. However I am looking forward to the option to drive a few hours to see games live and enjoy the experience, especially football and the basketball tourny (which is quite a step above of watching games on my computer). 

Tip: If you don't have ESPN and thus don't have access to ESPN3 you can find a family/friend anywhere in the US who does....you can figure out the rest (or PM if you need more info). 

1 minute ago, CMSioux said:

Okay so we are giving up a bit of online access - albeit sometimes the production quality is lacking, which I being a remote fan have enjoyed especially being able to watch both basketball games at the same time. I realize that most fans will never go on a road trip. However I am looking forward to the option to drive a few hours to see games live and enjoy the experience, especially football and the basketball tourny (which is quite a step above of watching games on my computer). 

Tip: If you don't have ESPN and thus don't have access to ESPN3 you can find a family/friend anywhere in the US who does....you can figure out the rest (or PM if you need more info). 

Don't even need ESPN for ESPN3 access.  I don't have cable but our internet provider (Cable One) gets me access to ESPN3.  

11 minutes ago, homer said:

Don't even need ESPN for ESPN3 access.  I don't have cable but our internet provider (Cable One) gets me access to ESPN3.  

It depends on your internet provider.  Some require a cable subscription (and the cost of espn3 is built into the cable package), others don't (and the cost is built into the internet package).

2 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

If you don't have access to a Cable subscription, you can always get SlingTV and get the $20 package that has ESPN.  You can use your SlingTV login to access EXPN3.

I would bet ESPN will be full-on a la carte by the time 2018-2019 rolls around.  

1 hour ago, JohnboyND7 said:

If the worst grammar mistakes I'm making is using gone and went incorrectly, I'll call that a win. 

Well, "grammar" is a noun, so you have made another grammatical mistake. Failing to use "gone" and "went" correctly is only a win if you are trying to portray yourself as a toothless hillbilly.

Just trolling you a bit. You're OK even if you are an NDSU fan. I actually have a bigger problem with one of our hockey broadcasters misusing went and gone, such as: "he should have just went for the puck".....doesn't represent the university very well.

3 hours ago, Bison Dan said:

Who is always following the Bison.

This one really makes me laugh. Here's the best response to that comment, and it's an earth shaker!!!!!!!

Just last week a conservation was about going to FBS, with a Bye-son fan crying that he wished the state of ND only had one large U like MN and Wis do. Another, Bye-Son fan answered him with; if there would of been only one U, we would of all been SIOUX.

13 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

This one really makes me laugh. Here's the best response to that comment, and it's an earth shaker!!!!!!!

Just last week a conservation was about going to FBS, with a Bye-son fan crying that he wished the state of ND only had one large U like MN and Wis do. Another, Bye-Son fan answered him with; if there would of been only one U, we would of all been SIOUX.

You have to admit the last 15 years your leadership whether it's the president or your AD has been a train wreck for the university.  Finishing up last year with a huge deficit.  Yes you are definitely trying to follow NDSU. 

• Downvote 5

28 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

You have to admit the last 15 years your leadership whether it's the president or your AD has been a train wreck for the university.  Finishing up last year with a huge deficit.  Yes you are definitely trying to follow NDSU. 

I know that Chapman tried to bankrupt NDSU but UND handled its projected deficit before it came to that point (caused by the legislature capping tuition after the budget was made) but they cleaned it up and are going to end the biennium without real deficit (big difference, just trust me on that one). UND didn't get anywhere near as far down that path as NDSU did.

The biggest difference I see is that a large amount of UND supporters don't have an issue criticizing or questioning the administration at UND, but you won't find much of any supporters doing the same with NDSU despite some very well publicized issues and decisions from the last two presidents that were more than worthy of being ripped.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, TBR said:

Well, "grammar" is a noun, so you have made another grammatical mistake. Failing to use "gone" and "went" correctly is only a win if you are trying to portray yourself as a toothless hillbilly.

1 hour ago, TBR said:

Just trolling you a bit. You're OK even if you are an NDSU fan. I actually have a bigger problem with one of our hockey broadcasters misusing went and gone, such as: "he should have just went for the puck".....doesn't represent the university very well.

TBR, are you my wife? The initials don't match but the grammar Nazi bit is spot on.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

The thing about counterfactual history is that you can have it any way you want it. It's just as easy to imagine North Dakota having created one large state university in Fargo as it is in Grand Forks. In fact, it seems a bit more logical to me.

3 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Other than the fact the University of North Dakota was placed in Grand Forks and the Agriculture College was placed in Fargo (7 years later).

But we've departed from events as they actually occurred. We're into the "what ifs" of history. In 1883, the territorial legislature certainly could have, and perhaps should have, decided to put what became UND in Fargo, and for that matter, it could have named that school whatever it wanted, including North Dakota State University.

Just now, Gothmog said:

But we've departed from events as they actually occurred. We're into the "what ifs" of history. In 1883, the territorial legislature certainly could have, and perhaps should have, decided to put what became UND in Fargo, and for that matter, it could have named that school whatever it wanted, including North Dakota State University.

But they didn't.  They chose to place THE UNIVERSITY of North Dakota in Grand Forks.  Fargo was given no higher ed institution for 7 more years and didn't get a University for another 70 years after that, and then only by referendum.  North Dakota, as a territory and state, had one large university for 77 years.

• Upvote 1

I don't think anyone here has stated this but does anyone think this conference move will help bring more away games on Midco SN? This move makes midcoSN the home of the summit and mvfc for the Dakota schools. You would think all road games at USD and SDSU would be on midcoSN. Who needs espn3 when we have midcoSN? I can't wait for 2020!

5 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

But they didn't.  They chose to place THE UNIVERSITY of North Dakota in Grand Forks.  Fargo was given no higher ed institution for 7 more years and didn't get a University for another 70 years after that, and then only by referendum.  North Dakota, as a territory and state, had one large university for 77 years.

But what if Minnesota decided to attack Grand Forks and annex it, thus leaving Fargo as the only major city in the state.

I mean, we're talking about what-ifs right?   ;)

2 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Again, actual events have nothing to do with it. We are in the realm of counterfactual history. The original post asks us to imagine what would have been best for the state, not what actually happened, or even what was most likely to happen.

6 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Hence, UND is, has been and always will be the "flagship" university in the state of North Dakota.  By most all measures.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Gothmog said:

Again, actual events have nothing to do with it. We are in the realm of counterfactual history. The original post asks us to imagine what would have been best for the state, not what actually happened, or even what was most likely to happen.

Does counterfactual history = alternative facts? 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I don't think anyone here has stated this but does anyone think this conference move will help bring more away games on Midco SN? This move makes midcoSN the home of the summit and mvfc for the Dakota schools. You would think all road games at USD and SDSU would be on midcoSN. Who needs espn3 when we have midcoSN? I can't wait for 2020!

Because ESPN3 is available nationwide or nearly so.   Much better exposure for UND Sports to have ESPN 3 than anything midco can come up with.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

Because ESPN3 is available nationwide or nearly so.   Much better exposure for UND Sports to have ESPN 3 than anything midco can come up with.

pssst... what you see on ESPN 3 is just Midco's feed.  Without Midco, there is no ESPN 3 for UND fans to watch.

However, to the post you quoted, everyone outside of the Midco viewing area needs ESPN 3 or eversport, or some sort of streaming option.  And yes, all road games at USD, SDSU and NDSU will be on Midco.

• Upvote 2