SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Attendance

nodak651

On 10/20/2016 at 10:55 AM, UND1981 said:

Upon getting back to the office after helping with sugar beet harvest, I have 2 very nice thank you letters from the 1st two winners of the Bubba Bucks $5,000 scholarship drawings at UND home football games.  As previously stated, my company is a sponsor.

Always nice to see gracious and thankful students win those scholarships.  Kudos for your company sponsoring the scholarships.

• Upvote 2

On 10/20/2016 at 10:55 AM, UND1981 said:

Upon getting back to the office after helping with sugar beet harvest, I have 2 very nice thank you letters from the 1st two winners of the Bubba Bucks $5,000 scholarship drawings at UND home football games.  As previously stated, my company is a sponsor.

I'm guessing if you asked them who won the game they wouldn't know (just kidding). Thanks for sponsoring. 

What will attendance be for Weber St?

So far averaging 10,673 which is 3rd best in the Big Sky.

Over or under 10,000.................

I am going to be optimistic and say over.  Hockey is out of town, the team is on a roll.  Hopefully the marketing staff hits it hard this week, battle between unbeatens and all that.

3 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

I am going to be optimistic and say over.  Hockey is out of town, the team is on a roll.  Hopefully the marketing staff hits it hard this week, battle between unbeatens and all that.

I hope it's at least 10,000, Hoping UND beats Weber in front of a big crowd

#leavenodoubt

1 hour ago, bincitysioux said:

Both teams should be ranked 

UND is ranked, undefeated in conference play, leading the BSC and on a role...so I am predicting right around 10,000 again. 

I thought you all said that winning would be the difference and bring the fans to the Alerus....plus they plan indoors so no one should complain about the weather. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, UNDfan2013 said:

UND is ranked, undefeated in conference play, leading the BSC and on a role...so I am predicting right around 10,000 again. 

I thought you all said that winning would be the difference and bring the fans to the Alerus....plus they plan indoors so no one should complain about the weather. 

1. It takes time. 

2. 10,000 or even 9,000 is a lot more than we were getting at this point of prior seasons. 

1 minute ago, UNDBIZ said:

1. It takes time. 

2. 10,000 or even 9,000 is a lot more than we were getting at this point of prior seasons. 

1. Exactly....but we have all been expecting for this to happen so get your butts in the seats.  Plus the bandwagon fans (none on here of course) usually jump on board when they are winning at that moment so jump on!!

2. Very true....I still predict right around 10,000 for Saturday's game.

3 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

End of the year games usually are a low turnout.... always an excuse.  I'm thinking 8440 Saturday 

At least 10,000 at the Alerus on Saturday. Too many pessimists on here.

People are taking notice. Several NDSU faithful I spoke with recently have been impressed with the progress made by UND and Bubba. That kind of recognition does wonders for attendance. You win and they come. Marketing and game day experience helps too, though, despite what some delusional supporters think. 

• Upvote 3

Attendance will be over 10k. Why?

1) UND's 6 game winning streak 

2) Beet harvest is done

3) 2 undefeated Big Sky teams 

4) Beet harvest is done

5) "Green out"

6) Beet harvest is done

7) Weather controlled environment 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Attendance will be over 10k. Why?

1) UND's 6 game winning streak 

2) Beet harvest is done

3) 2 undefeated Big Sky teams 

4) Beet harvest is done

5) "Green out"

6) Beet harvest is done

7) Weather controlled environment 

8 ) My green pants arrived

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

At least 10,000 at the Alerus on Saturday. Too many pessimists on here.

People are taking notice. Several NDSU faithful I spoke with recently have been impressed with the progress made by UND and Bubba. That kind of recognition does wonders for attendance. You win and they come. Marketing and game day experience helps too, though, despite what some delusional supporters think. 

I have spoken with Bison faithful as well.  They all mention the same to me,  Bubba is turning around this program much faster than they expected.