SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Attendance

nodak651

7 hours ago, ericpnelson said:

We have a tent. All who are ready to get in Al and get loud are welcome at our tailgate

+champions club tent, and,  on Saturday,  a Midco tent with free food.  Staying dry before the game won't be a problem. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, ericpnelson said:

We have a tent. All who are ready to get in Al and get loud are welcome at our tailgate

Forecast now says 10% chance of rain Saturday with high of 43.  Should be great tailgating weather.

We will be right next to your spot again.  Will stop under the tent if it is raining.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, ericpnelson said:

When you said something similar last week, my wife and I tried to stop by (I think it's fun meeting SS people IRL).  We made it out of the Champion's Club tent, but only by 1 spot before we ran into people we knew and didn't get any further.  We'll make a better effort this week!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dustin said:

I know it was reported in the game day thread, but 8,699 today IIRC. I thought there was plenty of hype. Hockey night appear to make a positive difference. Hoping to tip the 10,000 scale once again in 2 weeks. 

How many people went to Duluth for hockey? I know of quite a few.

I am happy I was there, and saw another win, the 7th straight win by this team.  The people that were at the game, especially at the end, were loud, HARDCORE fans.  Maybe more show up next time, maybe they don't.  I will be there, and the folks who were there at the end with me will be there as well.  GO UND!

• Upvote 2

Lest I be thought a hypocrite, let me say that I have been at every home football game this year. 

In what was arguably one of the biggest home games in recent memory, I was disgusted that today's attendance was 8699. Bubba and this team deserve better, period. UND plays in a SMALL home stadium, and this should have been a tough ticket to get. I fully expected 10,500 today and was blown away at the pitiful attendance. On a positive note, I thought the fans that did bother to show up were fired up.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, BostonSiouxFan said:

Lest I be thought a hypocrite, let me say that I have been at every home football game this year. 

In what was arguably one of the biggest home games in recent memory, I was disgusted that today's attendance was 8699. Bubba and this team deserve better, period. UND plays in a SMALL home stadium, and this should have been a tough ticket to get. I fully expected 10,500 today and was blown away at the pitiful attendance. On a positive note, I thought the fans that did bother to show up were fired up.

This has been par for the course for this program. The fans we do have are loyal, hard-core backers of the team.

Small consolation, but it seems like late season games two years ago were in the 5-6,000 range and last year they were in the 6-7,500 range.  So the attendance is improving, but certainly not fast enough, especially in light of our 7-game winning streak.  I'll be making the 1,350 round trip for the No. Arizona game (and Denver series).

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Cratter said:

1,700 more than the second to last home game compared to last year=awesome increase in attendance.

I'm not good at math but I get your point. Nonetheless 8700 today was a absolute joke. 2 unbeaten BC teams with UND going for 7 in a row..........only 8700. Cripes beet harvest is over too.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

I'm not good at math but I get your point. Nonetheless 8700 today was a absolute joke. 2 unbeaten BC teams with UND going for 7 in a row..........only 8700. Cripes beet harvest is over too.

Completely agree, little weak. I've always said beet harvest is a small part of the total equation to UND football attendance, granted local farmers and beet harvest contributors go to games, that's great.  Takes people from all of GF and UND supporters to do this right.  I've talked to several people at the game today and  it was there first game in couple years. What's that say, we slowly building a fan base?

• Upvote 1

I know there was some discussion earlier about hockey games being a positive or negative effect on football attendance. I think today proves hockey games are good for football.  Without hockey in town, you've probably got a basic grand forks crowd. If hockey is at home, you've probably got a few thousand people from out of town coming for that, and some of those people are going to trickle over to the alerus. 

• Upvote 4