SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Attendance

nodak651

5 minutes ago, HawkinNutts said:

I've spent too much time reading these forums, minding my own, and I'm finally giving my 2 cents:  The AL better be Green balls to the Green walls on Saturday. This town, this University, this Team has spent far too long looking in from the outside. We are GD good this year, and definitely good enough to fill a 12K stadium! This town has waited a long, long time to be relevant again, and we are and will be for the foreseeable future. If the AL is not packed, shame on GF. 

Hoka Hey, Go Hawks!

Well said.  

people need to remember what a home field advantage the Al can be

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Sioux95 said:

What would it take for the fans to stand up and be loud every defensive  down, not just 3rd down?  Maybe every body on this board needs to commit to leading the charge?

That would make a huge impact just in itself (referring to noise on all defensive downs). 

18 minutes ago, Sioux95 said:

What would it take for the fans to stand up and be loud every defensive  down, not just 3rd down?  Maybe every body on this board needs to commit to leading the charge?

Everybody supporting UND football can help with attendance in a variety of ways. I bought 7 tickets for the homecoming game and invited relatives to go. They are going on their own this weekend. Now, I'm not saying people need to buy tickets for luke warm fans, but some fans need a little motivation. Moving up from Div II takes time to build a successful football program and it also takes time to build the fan base. We can all think of ways to motivate fans! Please do your part as a true ND FAN and encourage relatives, friends, co-workers, and etc. to come to the Hawk's Nest and hear the Screeching Hawk and cheer us on to victory!!! 

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

My brother and i will be there. I have been up here hunting since Friday and ending my trip with the game. I hope it is packed, loud and I am smiling on the drive back to colorado on sunday!

How's the Hunt, I was in DL yesterday. Weather a little too nice for me?

3 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

How's the Hunt, I was in DL yesterday. Weather a little too nice for me?

Was in southwest Nodak hunting pheasants and did pretty well. Now in DL to hunt waterfowl and hoping it cools down a bit. I did see some guys I know  that did well up here this weekend so I hope that is the case for us.

2 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Was in southwest Nodak hunting pheasants and did pretty well. Now in DL to hunt waterfowl and hoping it cools down a bit. I did see some guys I know  that did well up here this weekend so I hope that is the case for us.

Great, hope you do just as well with the waterfowl. Lots of birds in the area. Also hope you are smiling alllllll the way home and Weber State be wagging their tales.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sioux95 said:

That is what the UC-Davis D2 National Semifinal game was like in 2001. And even the GVSU National Quarterfinal game in 2004. We'll get it back there, it will take a little more time. We were so bad for so long that people have forgotten how to get excited at our home games. It is getting better and will continue getting better.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, forksandspoons said:

Ticketmaster shows a ton of seats available. Maybe und should go around town giving away tickets to people (not just students). Most important game in und's division 1 era and it looks to be the lowest attended game of the season at this point 

Wouldn't be a bad idea.  Give away the worst seats in the house on Friday.  If someone buys any effing hawks merchandise they get 4 tickets.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

Ticketmaster shows a ton of seats available. Maybe und should go around town giving away tickets to people (not just students). Most important game in und's division 1 era and it looks to be the lowest attended game of the season at this point 

13 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Wouldn't be a bad idea.  Give away the worst seats in the house on Friday.  If someone buys any effing hawks merchandise they get 4 tickets.

No. No. No. No. No more cheapening the product.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

Note that there are people like me that don't want to give TicketMonster any more money than they have already gotten from me, so we walk up and buy on game day.  The great part about the Alerus is that there really are no bad seats.

I'm curious as to what the walk-up sales are on game day.

15 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Great, hope you do just as well with the waterfowl. Lots of birds in the area. Also hope you are smiling alllllll the way home and Weber State be wagging their tales.

Thanks! We had a pretty good morning at the duck blind on Dry Lake (North of DL)

26 minutes ago, southpaw said:

I received a coupon for 50% off a patagonia jacket that I had been interested in buying but wouldn't have done otherwise.  Is the jacket not as good as it was had I paid full price?  Clearly, Patagonia felt there was a need to get more sales. I now have a high quality jacket and in the future I'll compare that to other jackets when I'm buying.  Patagonia has a quality product that will keep me returning as a customer even at full price.

The seating chart shows there is a need for more people in the stands.  Providing people who are on the fence a bigger incentive to go is not a bad idea.  There are still tickets on the shelves so why not increase the number of people accessing your product while it's still growing?

I think my group of three is buying walk up tickets...unless all of a sudden there is high demand this week. Likely just stand on the catwalk.

3 hours ago, forksandspoons said:

At this point, you have to understand that a huge number of walkups makes up the total attendance each and every week. Locals are noticing UND and I expect a good crowd (minimum of 10,000).

3 hours ago, southpaw said:

I received a coupon for 50% off a patagonia jacket that I had been interested in buying but wouldn't have done otherwise.  Is the jacket not as good as it was had I paid full price?  Clearly, Patagonia felt there was a need to get more sales. I now have a high quality jacket and in the future I'll compare that to other jackets when I'm buying.  Patagonia has a quality product that will keep me returning as a customer even at full price.

The seating chart shows there is a need for more people in the stands.  Providing people who are on the fence a bigger incentive to go is not a bad idea.  There are still tickets on the shelves so why not increase the number of people accessing your product while it's still growing?

Patagonia is an established brand and they charge exorbitantly for their products. UND football on the other hand lost their brand power during the transition and is just now starting to become legit again. We are averaging over 2000 more people/game than last year. We don't need to give anything away.

And Patagonia didn't need more sales, they wanted to clear outdated inventory to make room for the new products. Not exactly how football ticket sales work.

5 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Patagonia is an established brand and they charge exorbitantly for their products. UND football on the other hand lost their brand power during the transition and is just now starting to become legit again. We are averaging over 2000 more people/game than last year. We don't need to give anything away.

And Patagonia didn't need more sales, they wanted to clear outdated inventory to make room for the new products. Not exactly how football ticket sales work.

You have a valid point. Now, for Monday of game week in this season, we do have a lot of available tickets.  Some kind of advertising or promotion should be undertaken, and there probably are plans in the works?