SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Attendance

nodak651

21 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Get tired of that excuse.......you don't think there's plenty of NDSU season ticket holders that are in agriculture that are also in the midst of some type of harvest ? Doubt there will be much less than the 18,700 capacity in the Dome on Saturday. Let's give that excuse a rest or are beet farmers exclusively UND FB fans?

NDSU has 5 consecutive championships and are in a bigger city. They have more fans. Thats it.

UND won't flip the switch over night, but we have definitely made more progress. Just have to keep it goin.

3 hours ago, Cratter said:

In this case they clearly got it wrong or there was miscommunication....every game usually has less and less people as the season goes on so I'm going to guess 9,600.

9,600 for a homecoming game featuring UND ranked and unbeaten in conference? I'd bet a fair amount against that prediction. Alerus Center will have at least 10,000, maybe 11,000.

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

9,600 for a homecoming game featuring UND ranked and unbeaten in conference? I'd bet a fair amount against that prediction. Alerus Center will have at least 10,000, maybe 11,000.

Homecoming really doesn't mean much in 2016.

Last year's homecoming had 9,188. Based on that I'd give a little bump for playing being pretty good lately. Last year there was also a lot of excitement too with its first ever win against a FBS.

The last UND home game had 10,097. I'd be pretty comfortable saying there will be less than that. Hope I'm wrong.

(If I had to actually guess a wager amount it would be about 9,800 + - 100).

4 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Last year's homecoming had 9,188. Based on that I'd give a little bump for playing being pretty good lately. Last year there was also a lot of excitement too with its first ever win against a FBS.

The last UND home game had 10,097. I'd be pretty comfortable saying there will be less than that. Hope I'm wrong.

(If I had to actually guess a wager amount it would be about 9,800 +- 100).

Agreed. I hope we're wrong, but there's a lot of people setting themselves up for disappointment here. 

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

(If I had to actually guess a wager amount it would be about 9,800 + - 100).

9,800??  you're short bro.

10,500 O/U - I will take the over.

2 hours ago, Cratter said:

Last year when homecoming was October 10th and the team was 4-1 with wins over FBS Wyoming and FBS killer Portland St? Hardly seems comparable to this year. ;)

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Last year when homecoming was October 10th and the team was 4-1 with wins over FBS Wyoming and FBS killer Portland St? Hardly seems comparable to this year. ;)

Yes but the two home games this year have been two of the most exciting games in recent memory, and they were against good teams. Fans that stuck around were rewarded and I'm sure those that left early regretted doing so. I would expect Homecoming attendance to be similar if not greater than the Cal Poly game.

• Upvote 1

Look at the Alerus Ticket website.  Many more tickets available as of today than at this time for the Potato Bowl.    Beet Harvest is going strong.  Some guys may finish up today or tomorrow but many will still be busy Sat.  My guess is under 10,000 but hope I am way low!!!