SiouxSports.com Forum

UND 2013-14 season

Frozen4sioux

I like it....I still think we're going to be a lot better than people think. Those freshman are all nice players.

agree 100%. I think in the end the 2013-14 team will be a better team than this years and last. look for rocco to put up 25 plus goals, markmac with 15 plus and parks with 20 plus just to name a few. I think we'l see the patented slow start but in the end will be a very good team who could very well close out it's season in the city of brotherly love.

• 1 month later...

If the Top-6 d-men are Thompson, Mattson, LaDue, Schmaltz, Ausmus, and Simpson, once again, UND will be dressing 6 draft picks on the blue line.

Okay I'm not bashing any of this season's players but there doesn't seem to be a solid leader on the team as far as I can see. I mean last season you knew McWilliam was going to be the captain, but this year I guess everyone thinks Simpson will be, he just doesn't seem to stand out that much to me as a leader IMO

Disagree, I think Simpson would be an outstanding Captain as would Pattyn or Panzerella.

I think Pattyn oozes leadership, while Simpson would also make a fine captain. My guesses for the Captains in 2013-14?

C - Pattyn

A - Simpson

A- Mark MacMillan

That is what I have been thinking for several years.

I think that changes this season and next with the bloodlines coming in. Not that any previous player didnt want that natty but half of this team will be local or semi local next year with green blood..... Don't under estimate that as we all know.. Go sioux and congrats to all the drafted players. Well deserved!

I think dillon can lead this team. Came in super young and has improved tons! Wouldn't be suprised to see 19 get a letter. Tambelilni 30 plus, Ausmus will hit hit!

Lay the wood to Maimi first night in the Ralph! Destroy them!!

• Upvote 2

Does it bother anyone that players come in talking about going pro and the facilities? What about coming in and winning a championship? Perhaps that mentality is why we haven't won one in a while?

I believe I mentioned that on the board here several times...agree 100%.

I believe I mentioned that on the board here several times...agree 100%.

To be fair, this is a step in the road for high end players. Their ultimate goal is to make the NHL. But you better believe that these guys come in here wanting to win a national championship. They know they when they come to UND, they are one (maybe two) steps from living out their dreams of playing in the show. I don't think for a minute that any of these kids that come into our program don't think about winning a national title, but they want to play in the NHL and know we breed those players.

Kristo came back for his senior year with the intention to win a titile and hang a banner.

He's a rare case these days. In most circumstances lately, Sioux fans have been hoping and praying that guys come back their SOPHOMORE or JUNIOR seasons!

I think Pattyn oozes leadership, while Simpson would also make a fine captain. My guesses for the Captains in 2013-14?

C - Pattyn

A - Simpson

A- Mark MacMillan

Wow I can't believe I forgot about Pattyn, yes he's the one that seems like he's gonna be the leader either this year or next!

I think that changes this season and next with the bloodlines coming in. Not that any previous player didnt want that natty but half of this team will be local or semi local next year with green blood..... Don't under estimate that as we all know.. Go sioux and congrats to all the drafted players. Well deserved!

I think dillon can lead this team. Came in super young and has improved tons! Wouldn't be suprised to see 19 get a letter. Tambelilni 30 plus, Ausmus will hit hit!

Lay the wood to Maimi first night in the Ralph! Destroy them!!

Have to wait until February to beat Miami in the Ralph.

Wow I can't believe I forgot about Pattyn, yes he's the one that seems like he's gonna be the leader either this year or next!

Can't remember, did Pattyn get in trouble once last year, or was it twice? The fact that Simpson stayed away from that might help him in the way of becoming Captain. Really depends on if the coaches have a hand in it, or if they let the players have the final say in picking the Captain. If Simpson has the leadership qualities, I say give it to him with his great image. If he isn't a natural leader, then look elsewhere.

So...upfront I like:

Mark Mac with Parks and Tambellini

Rocco with Cags and Murphy

Johnson with St. Clair and Chyzyk/O'Donnell

Pattyn with Rodwell and Mitch Mac/Gaarder/Jim

I think those top two lines will produce...chemistry with the center and one winger already exists, then add two frosh BCHLers

On D

Simpson and Schmaltz

Mattson and Thompson

LaDue and Ausmus/Panzo

I'm a little worried about how we'll play in our own end...not a real big/strong dcorps...

So...upfront I like:

Mark Mac with Parks and Tambellini

Rocco with Cags and Murphy

Johnson with St. Clair and Chyzyk/O'Donnell

Pattyn with Rodwell and Mitch Mac/Gaarder/Jim

I think the rope is pretty short for Mitch, Bryn and OD. Of those 3 Bryn has the highest ceiling IMO. Gaarder is always hard to sit on any given night. My question is of the 3 Fr. forwards is Murphy a lock to play?

I think I would like to see it start this way:

Caggiula-Mark Mac.-Parks

Grimaldi-Tambellini-Murphy

O'Donnell-St.Clair-Johnson

Gaarder-Pattyn-Rodwell

Simpson-LaDue

Thompson-Schmaltz

Ausmus-Mattson

Gothberg

Saunders

Hrynkiw

Extras

Chyzk-Mitch Mac.-Sanderson-Senkbeil

Stecher-Panzarella

I think the toughest decisons will be who plays that last D spot because I think it is going to be hard to keep Stecher out of the lineup too often and it is really gonna be tough for Hak to decide who plays on D each night. I think the toughest decison on the forwards would be that 3rd line wing spot and whether somebody can step up and take it or if it will be revolving between guys like Chyzk, Mitch Mac. and OD again.