SiouxSports.com Forum

UND 2013-14 season

Frozen4sioux

189 I believe....

Will UND be the cheese on top of the NaCHo Conference?...

Will Grimaldi figure out scoring and win the hobey?....?

Will Angry Hak get to smile?.....

Will Dan Hammer learn what the £uck a one timer is?....

Will we lose any to early departures?......

All these questions answered and more .....

Same Sioux time...same Sioux channel (blurry as it is).........

189 I believe....

Will UND be the cheese on top of the NaCHo Conference?...

Will Grimaldi figure out scoring and win the hobey?....?

Will Angry Hak get to smile?.....

Will Dan Hammer learn what the £uck a one timer is?....

Will we lose any to early departures?......

All these questions answered and more .....

Same Sioux time...same Sioux channel (blurry as it is).........

-Probably not the top, but up there

-I say yes, if not we are in trouble

-Nope

-Never

-Hopefully not, maybe Forbort

-The Sioux channel will be more blurry

I hope Forbort doesn't go. He really stepped up this season. If he stuck around he'd be a huge anchor for us on the blueline.

Who will be the incoming freshies? I can already say I think scoring is going to be hard to find...I think a lot of pressure is going to be put on Grimaldi and Mark MacMillan to produce.

Hopefully Gothberg gets things going next year though I do tip my hat to Saunders' effort against Yale. Dude is the only reason that kept us in the game.

Tough for me to think about next year right now but it is probably the best way to help move on from this season ending. I think there is a lot more potential for next years team than a lot of others might think especially if nobody leaves early. The only one that I think might leave early is Forbort but I think that would be a big mistake. Another question is how many recruits will we bring in for next fall?

Defensemen that could come in are: Troy Stecher, Paul LaDue,Tucker Poolman, and Geoff Crisfield.

Forwards that could come in are: Wade Murphy, Luke Johnson, Adam Tambellini, Luke Voltin, and Jack Rowe.

Okay, turn the page, open the door to the new year.... :lol:

Goaltending:

~Set....But will probably bring in another guy to fill the Maris role. Gosh I'm going to miss Tate.

Defense:

~Simpson will see a ton of minutes....a ton. And they've got some skilled guys coming back. This area has to get better. Absolutely has to get better. I think LaDue will impress people next season, I believe he's still on track to come to UND next year. We'll miss that big physical defenseman though. Losing Mac is tough.

Offense:

~Rocco needs to score. He's the best player coming back. I think there is some promise with Drake, Mark, St. Clair, Gaarder, Parks, and Wade Murphy is a kid that I think will contribute. Unfortunately Rowney didn't have enough of an impact year to be really missed. Wish I could say differently.

Just a guess as to what line combos could look like:

Drake-Rocco-Parks

Murphy-Mark-Mitch

St. Clair-Pattyn-Gaarder

Rodwell-Chyzyk-Senkbeil....I dunno.....

What we are really going to miss is Corban Knight winning a ton of faceoffs....thats for darn sure.

Okay, turn the page, open the door to the new year.... :lol:

Goaltending:

~Set....But will probably bring in another guy to fill the Maris role. Gosh I'm going to miss Tate.

Defense:

~Simpson will see a ton of minutes....a ton. And they've got some skilled guys coming back. This area has to get better. Absolutely has to get better. I think LaDue will impress people next season, I believe he's still on track to come to UND next year. We'll miss that big physical defenseman though. Losing Mac is tough.

Offense:

~Rocco needs to score. He's the best player coming back. I think there is some promise with Drake, Mark, St. Clair, Gaarder, Parks, and Wade Murphy is a kid that I think will contribute. Unfortunately Rowney didn't have enough of an impact year to be really missed. Wish I could say differently.

Just a guess as to what line combos could look like:

Drake-Rocco-Parks

Murphy-Mark-Mitch

St. Clair-Pattyn-Gaarder

Rodwell-Chyzyk-Senkbeil....I dunno.....

What we are really going to miss is Corban Knight winning a ton of faceoffs....thats for darn sure.

Ish that looks ugly.

Well, there's always hope for our under-performing freshmen. Here's what Brad Malone, Evan Trupp, and Matt Frattin's freshman year looked like:

Malone: 1g, 2a

Frattin: 4g, 11a

Trupp: 8g, 5a

Four year role players. By the time it got to their senior years, those guys were the best line in college hockey. Think of what Knight and Kristo would have done with Nelson this year?

Four year role players. By the time it got to their senior years, those guys were the best line in college hockey. Think of what Knight and Kristo would have done with Nelson this year?

Speaking of Corban Knight...

6g 7a freshman year

(Danny Kristo is an exception to the freshman rule)