SiouxSports.com Forum

UND 2013-14 season

Frozen4sioux

What a bunch of people who should never quit their day jobs for standup comedy. If you were even remotely clever it might be funny. But the lack of smart comebacks leaves much to be desired. Heck the high school aged hostess at the bar is much smarter than any of you.

You keep talking, we'll keep up the jokes.

On a serious note, Duluth already has 8 defensemen signed for next year according to their website(5 returning, 3 signed LOI's)...hard to believe they are going to bring on another without moving someone up or losing one.

You keep talking, we'll keep up the jokes.

On a serious note, Duluth already has 8 defensemen signed for next year according to their website(5 returning, 3 signed LOI's)...hard to believe they are going to bring on another without moving someone up or losing one.

Aren't we in the same boat?

Obligatory posting of quote:

"Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious." -- Simone

Thank you. That is all.

Absolutely. That's why it is hard to imagine either school working out without some additional roster moves that we haven't heard about.

It sounded like Ausmus really outplayed Thompson at the U-18's, maybe they will push back Thompson a year to bring in Ausmus. If I remember correctly, Thompson accelerated his schooling to be able to come in this fall.

It sounded like Ausmus really outplayed Thompson at the U-18's, maybe they will push back Thompson a year to bring in Ausmus. If I remember correctly, Thompson accelerated his schooling to be able to come in this fall.

I think if we get Ausmus we will see a D core of Simpson, Mattson, Panzerella, Schmaltz, LaDue, Ausmus, Thompson, and then maybe Stecher or maybe we would just go with 7 for next year.

What a bunch of people who should never quit their day jobs for standup comedy. If you were even remotely clever it might be funny. But the lack of smart comebacks leaves much to be desired. Heck the high school aged hostess at the bar is much smarter than any of you.

I actually thought it was pretty good! It's ok for you to lighten up a little bit.

ESPN/Grantland's Katie Baker gives UND fans a mention in her latest mailbag:

So let's compare North Dakota to, say, Kentucky — a team that one of my friends describes as having "the Bama fans of college basketball." Just as you can't scroll through any college football comment thread without spotting a rogue "ROLL TIDE!," it's impossible to attend a college hockey event that isn't randomly being attended by proud hordes of green-wearing North Dakota fans. I bet even if I went to some D-III NESCAC regular-season game in November there'd still be a pocket of North Dakotans up in the stands, asking everyone who walks by if they've been to Ralph Engelstad Arena. These people are serious.

Still waiting on the punch line......

If you call "my friend's cousin's best friend's neighbor said he heard Ausmus was going to UMD" a commitment, then, yeah. Nothing officially announced though.

True confirmation comes from Tony's aunt though. ;)

BTW who is Tony's aunt and how did "she" come up this thread?? I just remember someone a while back posting/said that she could beat *someone* up.

Didn't Ausmus commit to Duluth?

No, somebody said they heard he would be but somebody has also said they heard he would be coming to UND but all are just rumors and speculation to this point. I do think he will end up at 1 of the 2 though and would guess we will get an official announcement in the next week or 2 now that the U-18 tournament is over.

New goalie recruit - Humboldt Broncos goalie Matt Hrynkiw commits

http://www.sjhl.ca/n...errer_id=630895

Article with quotes from Hrynkiw

"When you just even pull up to this rink, it's a spectacle. Walking around and getting to see marble everywhere, they didn't skimp on anything, it's better than most pro facilities. I am pretty sure my jaw was dragging across the floor there."

He doesn't want to stop his career at college and he realizes the Sioux will give him every chance to jump to the next level.

"That's obviously the ultimate goal and I think going to North Dakota they will give me a really good idea if I have that capability. Their alumni list is really off the charts, Jonathon Toews, Zach Parise, Ed Belfour, just to see their wall of fame was, just wow!"

http://www.discoverhumboldt.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3339&Itemid=173

Another article with quotes from Hrynkiw

http://www.discoverh...3339&Itemid=173

Very good stats but I can't say I know too much about how competitive of league that is that he played in.

Hrynkiw career stats http://www.leaguestat.com/sjhl/sjhl/en/stats/player.php?id=126

Article with quotes from Hrynkiw

http://www.discoverh...3339&Itemid=173

Does it bother anyone that players come in talking about going pro and the facilities? What about coming in and winning a championship? Perhaps that mentality is why we haven't won one in a while?

• Upvote 1

Does it bother anyone that players come in talking about going pro and the facilities? What about coming in and winning a championship? Perhaps that mentality is why we haven't won one in a while?

Senior tribute episode of Through These Doors, fast-forward to the 5:03 mark

Sure you'll have guys like JT Miller and Stefan Matteau that would have been one-and-done to get to the NHL as soon as possible, but I do think most players tend to shift their goal to winning a National Championship and worrying about the NHL later

• 2 weeks later...