SiouxSports.com Forum

UND 2013-14 season

Frozen4sioux

Always is...minus the Prozac being popped like Pez to keep the season in perspective, Hak claiming multiple times "we are close", WDAZ News headlining another underage drinking party bust(s) and anticipation of the 2nd half surge after winning just 1 of 4 at home vs. St. Lawrence and No. Michigan heading to Christmas break. ;)

"Can't wait"!!!

I'm ready for bandwagon jumpers to go nuts when Thompson and Ausmus make some rookie mistakes, and the team can't produce offensively right away.

I had a good conversation with a buddy the other day about the team two years ago captained by Mario. How blessed were we as Sioux fans that that group was able to make the NCAA tournament and put together a run like they did with three lines. Funny how you don't know what you have until it isn't there anymore.

Anxious to see the identity of the 2013-2014 group.

• Upvote 1

Mitch isn't a top 6 forward with the guys coming back and coming in. Heck he isn't even a top 9 guy.

I'm guessing he rarely plays. I say parks and mark Mac together....plug someone else on their line. Put Johnson with Rocco....Johnson is much more valuable when he is on a line with a full blown sniper. Maybe Murphy on the Mac line and tambo with Rocco and Johnson. Pretty lethal to me. Then u load up some of our hard working upper class man on lines 3 and 4. I'm not worried whatsoever about this year, we will be very good. Load some offensive talent on the top two lines early in the season to to build chemistry and gain confidence.

I'm ready for bandwagon jumpers to go nuts when Thompson and Ausmus make some rookie mistakes, and the team can't produce offensively right away.

I had a good conversation with a buddy the other day about the team two years ago captained by Mario. How blessed were we as Sioux fans that that group was able to make the NCAA tournament and put together a run like they did with three lines. Funny how you don't know what you have until it isn't there anymore.

Anxious to see the identity of the 2013-2014 group.

I said it earlier in this thread, I expect this team to be a better team than the last two year's squads here. I fully expect a slow start and a gangbuster finish.

Rocco plays the roll of Dave Hoogsteen, and a Freshman Canadien goaltender takes the reigns from the incumbent starters and leads a team picked by many to finish in the middle of the league to the promised land.

History could repeat itself. But who will play the role of Brendan Morrison?

We will get the away games that are on CBSSN and if the games are on FSN or NBCSN.

What games are you thinking they might pick up? Or are you like me just hoping that they pick up the BU or St. Lawrence games. Wouldn't the only possible road games shown be non-conference games?

What games are you thinking they might pick up? Or are you like me just hoping that they pick up the BU or St. Lawrence games. Wouldn't the only possible road games shown be non-conference games?

Well, we really won’t know what games will be on until there is a television schedule released. The BU games is in Boston this season, so I guess we can hope that NESN picks that game up. I would imagine that BU will have a webcast for pay that we can purchase.

Last year, I called CBSSN and asked about programming and if they were going to add another channel on DirecTV like the BTN and the guy I talked to basically said that the conference is driving that decision and to ask them. The NCHC is the ones that decided we can’t have our own TV deal.

As far as the home Hockey games not being on DirecTV, as of right now, there will be “no" UND Hockey games shown outside of the regional area unless the games are on CBSN… As of right now, you will have to use the webcasts if you want to watch the games. Now, here’s what we “could” do, we could flood the MidcoSportsnet.com aka Midcontinent Communications phone lines and ask them to please have them put MidcoSportsnet on DirecTV. I would even suggest that you’re willing to pay extra so you can have those games on your DirecTV programming. (605)- 274-7638

Edited by Goon

Does anyone feel as though the home games will be dragging this year? Not having Minnesota, Wisconsin or Denver at home takes away from the home schedule.

Agreed. First time in how many years we don't get at least one of those teams at home?

Agreed. First time in how many years we don't get at least one of those teams at home?

I'm okay with that, we get some new blood in miami and western michigan. not he same but still pretty high quality and I'm guessing the majority of season ticketholders would feel the same as renewal rate was extremely high again. I think come next season we'll have at least one of not two of those teams every season for the most part.

Last year, I called CBSSN and asked about programming and if they were going to add another channel on DirecTV like the BTN and the guy I talked to basically said that the conference is driving that decision and to ask them. The NCHC is the ones that decided we can’t have our own TV deal.

Not entirely sure that is accurate. Yes, the NCHC is the ones that deicded schools can't have their own "national" TV deal, but that was because of the limits of the deal that CBSSN put in place. The NCHC agreed to the terms so they are partially to blame, but it is a pretty safe guess it was CBSSN terms that limited it and not the idea of the NCHC so they can't exactly deflect all the blame. But if the conference wanted a national deal for all teams, it was likely the best option.

I would like to get single game tickets for three Saturday games Miami, Minnessota Duluth, and Omaha. How hard is it to get hands on single game tickets as a student?

Easy if you purchase in advance. I always got the student season ticket package though, but that was the impression I got. Don't wait until the day of.

Not entirely sure that is accurate. Yes, the NCHC is the ones that deicded schools can't have their own "national" TV deal, but that was because of the limits of the deal that CBSSN put in place. The NCHC agreed to the terms so they are partially to blame, but it is a pretty safe guess it was CBSSN terms that limited it and not the idea of the NCHC so they can't exactly deflect all the blame. But if the conference wanted a national deal for all teams, it was likely the best option.

Fixed my post... Brad touched on this in a chat recently... The guts of this are in a recent chat... If I had the time to look it up I would, but I am currently busy.

Don't they sell out the day they go on sell?

I graduated a couple years ago, but while I was there the student tickets were usually available until tuesday afternoon/wednesday morning the week of the game. Depended on the opponent.

As far as the home Hockey games not being on DirecTV, as of right now, there will be “no" UND Hockey games shown outside of the regional area unless the games are on CBSN… As of right now, you will have to use the webcasts if you want to watch the games. Now, here’s what we “could” do, we could flood the MidcoSportsnet.com aka Midcontinent Communications phone lines and ask them to please have them put MidcoSportsnet on DirecTV. I would even suggest that you’re willing to pay extra so you can have those games on your DirecTV programming. (605)- 274-7638

I've no doubt that midco would love to sell their regional sports channel to both directv and dish. It's the two satellite tv providers that need to be flooded with requests. The could add this network to their sports pak add-ons, if they choose to spend the money. I suspect they won't, however.

I've no doubt that midco would love to sell their regional sports channel to both directv and dish. It's the two satellite tv providers that need to be flooded with requests. The could add this network to their sports pak add-ons, if they choose to spend the money. I suspect they won't, however.

Time to flood their phone lines and email boxes.

From a May 29 Chat...

Schlossman, GF Herald:

It includes all games. From what I understand, some of the schools in the league want all TV stuff to be equal, therefore, they support the exclusivity to CBS. I, like the fans, think it is a no-brainer that it needs to be waved and they should be getting on TV as much as possible, as they said they were going to do when they formed the league.

You are correct. Midco is actively trying to get the sports channel on the satellite providers. It isn't Midco's decision to make. People should send messages and requests to the satellite providers rather than Midco. Actual customers sending those requests will get more response than non-customers.

Rocco plays the roll of Dave Hoogsteen, and a Freshman Canadien goaltender takes the reigns from the incumbent starters and leads a team picked by many to finish in the middle of the league to the promised land.

History could repeat itself. But who will play the role of Brendan Morrison?

I say Johnny Gaudreau is be a perfect candidate to play the role of Brendan Morrison...