Thompson-Schmaltz

Ausmus-Mattson

Gothberg

Saunders

Hrynkiw

Extras

Chyzk-Mitch Mac.-Sanderson-Senkbeil

Stecher-Panzarella

I think the toughest decisons will be who plays that last D spot because I think it is going to be hard to keep Stecher out of the lineup too often and it is really gonna be tough for Hak to decide who plays on D each night. I think the toughest decison on the forwards would be that 3rd line wing spot and whether somebody can step up and take it or if it will be revolving between guys like Chyzk, Mitch Mac. and OD again.

I'm curious if you split Rocco and Cags for a reason? I felt like Cags was a different player when he was out with Grimaldi last year

I'm curious if you split Rocco and Cags for a reason? I felt like Cags was a different player when he was out with Grimaldi last year

I agree. Drake and Rocco were very good together. To me offensively next season the 2 wild cards are Parks...will he finally be injury free and play to his potential and Tambellini...can he make an impact immediately.

So...upfront I like:

Mark Mac with Parks and Tambellini

Rocco with Cags and Murphy

Johnson with St. Clair and Chyzyk/O'Donnell

Pattyn with Rodwell and Mitch Mac/Gaarder/Jim

I think those top two lines will produce...chemistry with the center and one winger already exists, then add two frosh BCHLers

On D

Simpson and Schmaltz

Mattson and Thompson

LaDue and Ausmus/Panzo

I'm a little worried about how we'll play in our own end...not a real big/strong dcorps...

Very worried about that too. I think a fourth unit with Pattyn, Rodwell and Gaarder would be dynamite. Guys with experience and some grit to go with it. Wouldn't be afraid to have that unit go against any line of any teams the Sioux play this year.

Things are a little messed up because we did have Ausmus fall in our lap. As such I think that we might see Stecher playing some at forward. I think goal scoring will be our biggest issue this year. If we have any chance at making a run, I think Tambellini, Johnson, and Murphy need to combine for 35-40 goals. I just don't think we get much scoring from the upper classes.

I also would not break up the brothers.

we can look back at this last season to get an idea of how we will play in our own end as we spent a lot of time in it last year because we never had control of the puck except for a brief stretch in december last year. we did ok and I expect it to be the same this season as well. unless this squad can figure out how to keep control of the puck it will be very similar to last season.

Mitch isn't a top 6 forward with the guys coming back and coming in. Heck he isn't even a top 9 guy.

he's barely a top 12 guy but must own some pretty damaging photos of hak because he was always in the lineup. he was barely a role player at scsu and here he's a 2nd and third line player.

Mitch isn't a top 6 forward with the guys coming back and coming in. Heck he isn't even a top 9 guy.

To crack the top 6 he would have to have a monster off season. His brother needs to get bigger faster stronger and meaner this summer too. I'm not sure I'd want either in my top two lines the way Mark played last year after Christmas. He needs to step up.

I know I beat this drum often but watching the Force I just saw Bryn make offensive plays that few on this roster can make. If he is totally committed thru this summer and is able to turn the page from some off ice issues from last season, I think he could post some decent numbers. Better skills than Colton but doesn't seem to play as hard or as consistent.

O'Donnell has to produce early and often or he could find himself as odd-man out of the top 9

He has received more chances to prove himself on the ice than any player I can recall in the last 5-7 years.

he's barely a top 12 guy but must own some pretty damaging photos of hak because he was always in the lineup. he was barely a role player at scsu and here he's a 2nd and third line player.

Don't know that I would be that harsh. I would bet his goals per game average ranked pretty high on the team. Realize he didn't always look in step, but he didn't produce that poorly.

He has received more chances to prove himself on the ice than any player I can recall in the last 5-7 years.

Very true. Reminds me of Nick Punto on the Minnesota Twins. Like why did Gardenhire give hime a million chances to be an every day guy. OD needs to get it figured out because I think the coaching staff had very high hopes for him last season (as well as a lot of us sideline reporters). He has the ability to be a first or second line guy, but the way he produced last year he may not even crack the lineup come opening night.

Not sure what to say about Mitch/Mark. Mark>Mitch in just about all facets minus shooting the puck. I don't think they can keep Mark off the first or second line, and Mitch likely isn't a top six guy.

No reason really just thought each was a good fit where I slotted them, tried to have the first 2 lines be pretty balanced and thought Caggiula fit really well with MacMillan, also thought it would be a good opportunity for the couple freshmen who seem to be pretty good at putting the puck in the net to play with Rocco right away.

... going to be another great season to be a NoDak fan.

Always is...minus the Prozac being popped like Pez to keep the season in perspective, Hak claiming multiple times "we are close", WDAZ News headlining another underage drinking party bust(s) and anticipation of the 2nd half surge after winning just 1 of 4 at home vs. St. Lawrence and No. Michigan heading to Christmas break. ;)

"Can't wait"!!!

• Upvote 1

Always is...minus the Prozac being popped like Pez to keep the season in perspective, Hak claiming miltiple times "we are close", WDAZ News headlining another underage drinking party bust(s) and anticipation of the 2nd half surge after winning just 1 of 4 at home vs. St. Lawrence and No. Michigan heading to Christmas break. ;)

"Can't wait"!!!

I see you are in mid season form already and it is only july 2 :lol: