SiouxSports.com Forum

UND 2013-14 season

Frozen4sioux

so who exactly is coming in. i thought thompson was next year and if the rumor about ausmus coming who doesn't come

The only 2 d-men returning that I think have guaranteed spots in the lineup are Simpson and Schmaltz

Ausmus, Thompson, LaDue, Mattson, Panzo, Stecher...6 guys, 4 regular spots

so is ausmus coming for sure. also what about the forwards

Ausmus is still uncommitted. He is currently in Russia playing for Team USA at the World Under-18 Championship so he probably won't commit somewhere for another week or two.

Forwards: Luke Johnson, Adam Tambellini, Wade Murphy

Regarding GFPD:

Teachers don't 'give' grades, you earn them. Cops don't 'give' citations, you earn them.

Regarding this latest incident:

Normally I'd shrug this off, but context matters. This team is eight months removed from a situation where some of these same guys had issues. So I'm forced to point out my view at times like these: "The problem concerns me, what you learn from it, how you respond is what I'm interested in." Well, clearly, these guys learned nothing from last fall. Hak is right in taking action.

This incident keeps the questions about alcohol affecting the team's performance (on Saturdays, and in general) well in play. I wonder what a Hakstol team could do if they were actually sober for an entire season, ... heck, for a home weekend*.

*No home sweeps this year ...

Regarding GFPD:

Teachers don't 'give' grades, you earn them. Cops don't 'give' citations, you earn them.

Regarding this latest incident:

Normally I'd shrug this off, but context matters. This team is eight months removed from a situation where some of these same guys had issues. So I'm forced to point out my view at times like these: "The problem concerns me, what you learn from it, how you respond is what I'm interested in." Well, clearly, these guys learned nothing from last fall. Hak is right in taking action.

This incident keeps the questions about alcohol affecting the team's performance (on Saturdays, and in general) well in play. I wonder what a Hakstol team could do if they were actually sober for an entire season, ... heck, for a home weekend*.

*No home sweeps this year ...

When I was at UND I was out at the bar after a big Friday night win against Denver. Saw like 3/4 of the team at an un-named downtown bar who had their fair share of drinks, a few of them getting a bit out of hand. Saturday night they got killed. Think they lost like 7-3 or something to that effect.

Talk all you want about how its college, just being college kids. But it can have a negative effect. I've heard of some teams going the hotel route for home weekends. Has UND ever done that?

I've heard of some teams going the hotel route for home weekends.

I wouldn't even go "hotel route" for home weekends. Let them sleep in their lockers Friday night (with Brad Berry in a bad mood standing outside the door).

When they start to figure out that they feel better Saturday waking up without a hangover, even after sleeping in their locker in REA, maybe they'll figure out that alcohol is the exact opposite of a performance enhancer and its physical effects are far longer than what you consciously feel.

When they learn that, maybe they'll get to sleep in a real bed on Friday of a home weekend.

Thus endith thy lesson of why thoust should never want to play for a team at that level coached by me.

In the late 70's, we posted info for keg parties in the commons. The cops sometimes came, took the keg and told us to go home. No concern for all the kids driving under the influence and certainly no citations. Minors didn't even cross our mind. That was the 70's and this is now! These citations can effect your future. These guys are the highest profile athletes campus. They have to be smarter!

Since the U-18 tournament ended today I would guess we will get official word on where Ausmus will be going sometime in the next 2 weeks and I have said all along that I would guess it will either be UND or Duluth and I still feel that it could be either place.

Are these old ladies connected to the hockey program or are they just in the peanut gallery?

And, more importantly, if these two old ladies worked together, could they beat up Tony's aunt?

I heard from a friend who knows a cousin of Tony's aunt who said she has her playoff beard ready for the drop of the puck Tuesday.

• Upvote 2

I heard from a friend who knows a cousin of Tony's aunt who said she has her playoff beard ready for the drop of the puck Tuesday.

What a bunch of people who should never quit their day jobs for standup comedy. If you were even remotely clever it might be funny. But the lack of smart comebacks leaves much to be desired. Heck the high school aged hostess at the bar is much smarter than any of you.