SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

23 hours ago, focker said:

Will Bill's in GF has about the worst service I've experienced in a long time.  Stay far far away from that place.  Food is bland as well.

Very hit or miss for sure.  When they are off they give the Tavern in Canad Inn a run for their money.  

1 hour ago, TheFlop said:

Very hit or miss for sure.  When they are off they give the Tavern in Canad Inn a run for their money.  

I've been pretty fortunate service-wise at Wild Bill's (food-wise I'm so damn unfussy that I'm not a good judge) in my several visits there but at the Tavern in Canad Inn two of my last four trips on a mid-Sat afternoon over the last 2 - 3 years it has not been super busy at all yet meal has taken like a good 45 min to be served.  Blew me away how slow the service was despite not being super busy at all.

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 1:36 PM, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Wife is a realtor in GF and said that Sakura is for sale for $2.45MM.  

Really a shame because that is my favorite sushi restaurant in town.

I'm not a sushi eater but there can't be that many sushi restaurants in town, are there (not that Sakura can't necessarily be good I guess)?

On 9/21/2018 at 6:13 AM, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

An uplifting story, and a reason to hit this place up for lunch soon especially if you haven't been in a while. (Not that the food isn't reason enough.)

http://www.grandforksherald.com/community/people/4502325-nd-man-goes-homeless-business-owner

Now about re-opening a store on the north side...

Amazing! Didn't take a free handout and took initiative and made himself accountable. Please support his business. I don't live in GF but when I pass through, I will def. make a stop.

Great leader and person for the Grand Forks community! Great story too btw. Thanks for sharing! 

2 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Owned by Canad. Not just subsidized.

Its losses are just rolled into the hotel’s operating costs.

Wonder how long CanAd will keep the property. I think it's there only one in the states and I feel Grand Forks would be better served by another chain. Maybe Radission or Mariott 

9 hours ago, northernraider said:

Wonder how long CanAd will keep the property. I think it's there only one in the states and I feel Grand Forks would be better served by another chain. Maybe Radission or Mariott 

Canad owns the Radisson in dwtwn Winnipeg, so Canad can change the name if it make $ sense.

45 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Other than the Tavern, the Canad is great. 

canad is a dirty disgusting hotel, all the nooks and crannies so to say of the place are dirty and caked with dust and gunk.

the water park is expensive and bland, which describes the restaurants as well, which are usually deserted and closed.

top that off with the terribly designed layout with just the two elevator banks and the worlds slowest elevators and it’s just a miserable bland experience that is grossly overpriced.

any of the hotels across the street offer better service, cleaner rooms and pools, and for about half the price.

Really the only redeeming factor at the canad Is a greasy garbanzo pepperoni pizza when you need to get the plumbing unclogged.

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...
On 12/9/2018 at 8:53 PM, Frozen4sioux said:

canad is a dirty disgusting hotel, all the nooks and crannies so to say of the place are dirty and caked with dust and gunk.

the water park is expensive and bland, which describes the restaurants as well, which are usually deserted and closed.

top that off with the terribly designed layout with just the two elevator banks and the worlds slowest elevators and it’s just a miserable bland experience that is grossly overpriced.

any of the hotels across the street offer better service, cleaner rooms and pools, and for about half the price.

Really the only redeeming factor at the canad Is a greasy garbanzo pepperoni pizza when you need to get the plumbing unclogged.

Tell us how you really feel. 

This is a surprising review to me, as I've never had a bad experience there other than the obviously horrible service at the Tavern United. 

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 8:53 PM, Frozen4sioux said:

How do you really feel about them?:)  Seriously, no wonder they're rated lower than virtually all of the hotels across the street.  We've stayed in most of the hotels across the street or not too far up the street and the best of them has been the Staybridge Suites and the Hampton Inn; very pleased with both, with the Sleep Inn not far behind.  The only one that was a cut below was the Baymont; we wouldn't stay there again.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, MoSiouxFan said:

How do you really feel about them?:)  Seriously, no wonder they're rated lower than virtually all of the hotels across the street.  We've stayed in most of the hotels across the street or not too far up the street and the best of them has been the Staybridge Suites and the Hampton Inn; very pleased with both, with the Sleep Inn not far behind.  The only one that was a cut below was the Baymont; we wouldn't stay there again.

Agreed, we have always been pleased with Expressway, I recommend that one.

Baymont is the last gasp usually cheaper option.

25 minutes ago, Ozzie82 said:

Canad's rooms need a top-to-bottom overhaul. Dated, worn, and dirty.

Agreed. I never recommend family or friends to stay at that place. Overpriced for a very average experience. I personally wish Radisson or some other U.S. chain buys the property and really turns into an actual premier hotel for Grand Forks.