SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

14 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Thanks for the info everyone! Drove by it the other night and knew they were doing construction all summer but didn't know when it officially opened. It looks really nice from the outside! 

having that lobby lit up and open (24 hours) will make a much more attractive look than the empty main floor closed at 5pm.............now the bathroom showroom on the corner of 3rd and demers needs to move somewhere else...............that location would've be better/perfect for tea and crepe!

1 hour ago, sioux24/7 said:

Ely’s is overrated, in my opinion. 

Always had great service and good food there. Appreciate they try to go outside the box on things you aren't going to find on other menus in town.

34 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

Doesn't get much nicer than the Cay!

Absolutely. List was "fancy" not best food. :wink:

• Upvote 1

On 12/6/2023 at 11:59 AM, dmksioux said:

Opened last weekend but grand opening is next week I believe. They’ll have a Crisp and Green and some type of coffee place on the main floor below Skies. 

Went to the open house at Olive Ann last night night. A much needed addition to the downtown.  Very nice. I also learned the Crisp & Green will no longer be located there. They decided to move into the old Huhot building on Columbia. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, iramurphy said:

Harry’s is outstanding.  Toasted Frog offers some unique options and always good. 

Lobster Mac from Harry’s is nice. Most any beef is as well. They also have a really good tequila cocktail that I enjoy. Best of all is the feel and atmosphere though. They did a great job with the interior.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Lobster Mac from Harry’s is nice. Most any beef is as well. They also have a really good tequila cocktail that I enjoy. Best of all is the feel and atmosphere though. They did a great job with the interior.

When Hal is there he is great about greeting guests and making sure they have a good time. Hash browns are a must. Salmon always good but hard not to order a steak. 

3 hours ago, iramurphy said:

When Hal is there he is great about greeting guests and making sure they have a good time. Hash browns are a must. Salmon always good but hard not to order a steak. 

Hal has always been great at that. Worked a couple years at Happy Harry's in my college years. Took away a lot of lessons that I might not have realized I was getting at the time,  that I carried into my life and sales career.

Even back before the super stores, Happy Harry's wasn't your typical liquor store. Was able to cater to a different audience. Just brilliant marketing..."Open until 10 p.m. for your convenience!" which meant we closed a couple hours before everyone else.

• Upvote 4

• 4 weeks later...

Ate at Varsity Ice House for lunch today(previously Wild Bills on Demers) Great burger and the fries were even better. Mostly burgers or chicken for the menu.   Looks like it will be a gathering spot for watching sports as they have a lot of huge tvs.  

• Upvote 3