SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

52 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Sounds like cost of living too high in grand torks

Taco Johns bailed on Fargo/Moorhead. 
Three Lions Pub in WF closed (great fries and gravy). 

It's not just a GF problem. 

59 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Sounds like cost of living too high in grand torks

If anyone watched national network TV last night that was idea was refuted........

19 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Taco John’s is a lot cheaper than vinyl taco

19 hours ago, Kab said:

Who owns the old green mill and will something ever open there?

need family dining where you can sit and actually visit with those across the table.

Texas Roadhouse, way too loud, vinyl taco way too loud , 

They had a fire and are still trying to finish their repairs. 

54 minutes ago, Kab said:

Not on your lawn

im smart enough to know why places are noisy

I'm also smart enough to know that the dumb sob who turns up the music can tone it down

Im also smart enough to know they can put sound deadening materials on walls and ceilings

now go shovel my driveway 

You might have missed the part where I said it wasn't personal. But, you have a nice day and have a great next dining experience. 

14 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

Wasn't that like over a year ago?

I haven't heard anything lately, that was back around Christmas or the first of the year. 

2 hours ago, Big Lubowski said:

You might have missed the part where I said it wasn't personal. But, you have a nice day and have a great next dining experience. 

Thanks, I will, you too

On 3/8/2024 at 12:10 PM, The Sicatoka said:

closure rate in GF is much Higher than Fargo, come on you know that! now as to why..who knows maybe people just stay home more in GF, I have always said in my 25 years living in Fargo that people love to go out and eat here, maybe the city is hard to work with I don't know but something has to cause it.

Taco Johns went down as a franchise, they were terribly mismanaged, never knew if they would be open or not oh and shitholes, sounds like they are trying to find a new Franchisee, but investors are not big into the resurrection type thing now days, especially here in Fargo where there is literally a Taco/Mexican place on every street.  they would rather bring a new concept in.

Three Lyons..lol that place was plagued with employee problems for years they even had to close because none of the staff showed up for a few days in boycott of bad wages and terrible management.

Fargo in General has really great establishments, there will always be closures but the rate of new opening vs closing is reaching pre 2020 range again.  I personally would rather see the Fast food places downsize as i eat 90% local or regional chain (Luckys, Doolittles, Crave, Ect)

I still wonder how the hell GF could not keep a Hu Hot open...

• Downvote 2

6 hours ago, Cratter said:

No sane person would go to HuHot when Panda was across the street.

There's already a new restaurant in the former HuHot.

Gross, both of them.... Panda is one of the most overrated places on the planet. 

Hu hut is good until you look at the floor and realize how dirty the place is. Disgusting

16 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Panda is one of the most overrated places on the planet. 

The locals, the ones who keep restaurants open, had zero rating of the Panda when it opened.

Thus, it could not be overrated to them. (Red Pepper Phenomenon?)

They kept coming back. Every time, fine tuning what was good to them and what to avoid.

The restaurant seeing what sold and what did not. Also fine tuned their selection.

Over the years this fine tuning made the locals enjoy the place more and more.

Now a new "just Mongolian grill, not all u can eat, learn whats good again, no Chinese food to eat while your grill food cooled, etc etc."

Of course I could be wrong. If it was GFs only Mongolian grill and it closed, it would be a different story. But dang, try opening a regional mexican fast food place next to the Red Pepper and let me know how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2024 at 1:06 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

hey joseph..extra shot on the drive thru order......."yes comrade!"

Don't blame the barista!  You're already stupid enough to pay $7 for a cup of coffee with a little cream in it - who's the real tool?*

* - HINT - it's you!

9 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

Don't blame the barista!  You're already stupid enough to pay $7 for a cup of coffee with a little cream in it - who's the real tool?*

* - HINT - it's you!

Not much different than paying $9 or $10 for a beer  at the Ralph or higher at other sporting venues 

never been thru a coffee drive up and haven’t bought a beer at a sporting event for years 

• Upvote 1