SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

On 3/28/2022 at 1:10 PM, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

With Denny's going down, prime real estate on 32nd opens up.  The last thing GF needs is another vacant eyesore.

Fill in the blank:  I would like to see a/an ______________ in that location.

A Hawaiian BBQ place like L&L or Oahu in Bismarck.

• Upvote 1

On 3/28/2022 at 2:10 PM, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

With Denny's going down, prime real estate on 32nd opens up.  The last thing GF needs is another vacant eyesore.

Fill in the blank:  I would like to see a/an ______________ in that location.

I hate to ruin the fun, and I hope I'm wrong about this, but the rumor mill in my corner of the world says it's going to be converted to a bank.

Seems like an odd choice. It would be akin to opening another Mexican/Tex-Mex joint at this point. The market seems very saturated to me.

I would love to see some sort of authentic German place open in town!

2 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Why not a combination bank and car wash?

How many people even bank in person anymore???

Personal checking account stuff is probably very little of their business. Lot of loans (ag), business to business, mortgages, investments, insurance etc. 

2 hours ago, N of GF said:

I hate to ruin the fun, and I hope I'm wrong about this, but the rumor mill in my corner of the world says it's going to be converted to a bank.

Seems like an odd choice. It would be akin to opening another Mexican/Tex-Mex joint at this point. The market seems very saturated to me.

This town needs another bank or apartment complex like I need another hole in the head.

2 hours ago, N of GF said:

A Grand Forks Kroll's would be awesome.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, northernraider said:

Waffle House, need at least one 24-hour restaurant open back up in the city! Plus, the Waffle House entertainment is one-of-a-kind! 

When I lived in the Florida Panhandle i was a couple blocks away from one. And granted I was like 25, but it came in clutch on multiple occasions, sober and not.

Jamestown could use one too since we lost Perkins.

1 hour ago, JohnboyND7 said:

When I lived in the Florida Panhandle i was a couple blocks away from one. And granted I was like 25, but it came in clutch on multiple occasions, sober and not.

Jamestown could use one too since we lost Perkins.

No it's going to be what GF doesn't need - another F*CKING bank!  What's more attractive for a new bank than a former Denny's?   IT IS for one Bank - love to see who it is.  Maybe a dollar store will close so they can have a new branch - we'll see. 

BTW - The NorthSide Cafe is now open at the old Suite 49 location by the Ralph.   Great food with a updated menu!  Give them a shot - had lunch/breakfast there the other day - it was great!   Try the stuffed hashbrowns - crazy good!

• Upvote 2

On 3/29/2022 at 12:54 PM, northernraider said:

Waffle House, need at least one 24-hour restaurant open back up in the city! Plus, the Waffle House entertainment is one-of-a-kind! 

Joe's Diner in EGF was back to 24 hours when I was there a couple weeks ago.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, northernraider said:

I see more small-town financial institutions doing this as the outer population declines, with many now residing in Grand Forks. 

Such as? I've noticed more consolidation with the bigger institutions eating up smaller ones. 

6 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Koda Bank went all-in on a brand new location (multi-use, multi-tenant) on the south side.

Steve Brekke is involved with that - they got it right with drive through lanes that are wide-enough to drive a big pickup through - smart!

Two things to be sad about tonight....

RIP Kim Holmes of Sanders - Weird thing is I just asked a buddy about him the other day - A GF Icon who will be sorely missed.

Saw a sign on ThaiHot3 on DeMers that says "Closed until further notice"  Don't know what that means but not good.  BEST Sushi in town and if you ordered the Pineapple Fried Rice it actually came in a real pineapple boat.  Their bottled hot sauce was also amazing.  Please come back...