SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

14 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

Two things to be sad about tonight....

RIP Kim Holmes of Sanders - Weird thing is I just asked a buddy about him the other day - A GF Icon who will be sorely missed.

Saw a sign on ThaiHot3 on DeMers that says "Closed until further notice"  Don't know what that means but not good.  BEST Sushi in town and if you ordered the Pineapple Fried Rice it actually came in a real pineapple boat.  Their bottled hot sauce was also amazing.  Please come back...

Damn been wanting to try that place, just always forget when I'm in town

On 4/1/2022 at 12:02 AM, gfNDfan said:

Two things to be sad about tonight....

RIP Kim Holmes of Sanders - Weird thing is I just asked a buddy about him the other day - A GF Icon who will be sorely missed.

Saw a sign on ThaiHot3 on DeMers that says "Closed until further notice"  Don't know what that means but not good.  BEST Sushi in town and if you ordered the Pineapple Fried Rice it actually came in a real pineapple boat.  Their bottled hot sauce was also amazing.  Please come back...

That place had really good food, and spicy. I ordered from there quite a few times in the last year. I hope it opens back up. 

15 hours ago, Green Banner said:

Downtown on demers in the old Guissepes spot. Guissepes was probably the best Italian GF has seen. Owners were Italians from New York. Great Stromboli rolls and garlic knots

the original original owners from New York only had it when it was by red ray lanes...sold it to someone else and then the original original owners opened again and then sold again or left...?????

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

the original original owners from New York only had it when it was by red ray lanes...sold it to someone else and then the original original owners opened again and then sold again or left...?????

Same owner at  wash location and demers. They then sold it to Tellmans (red pepper). Never went there after tellmans bought it.

1 hour ago, Green Banner said:

Same owner at  wash location and demers. They then sold it to Tellmans (red pepper). Never went there after tellmans bought it.

yes the original orginal owners opened two different italian restaurants...

one was mama marias and the other was guisseppie i think...

3 hours ago, Green Banner said:

That's right they did start mamma Maria's.  That place  was very good as well. What a shame 

yeah it think mama's was opened by the parents that moved from new york...instant hit...then sold it to someone with the promise of non competitive agreement that they couldn't open an italian res for x years...so they just opened up guisssppe under their kids name iirc....then mama's moved to egf and then parents sold gussieppe's to tellmans...iirc

• Upvote 1

On 4/1/2022 at 11:49 PM, Cratter said:

That article is from 8 years ago but the ribs are still really good - wife and I ate there a couple weeks ago.   It's worth the drive to Euclid.  Falling off the bone tender and the sauce has just a little something something different that makes it really good. 

Word is Molly Yeh and her hubby are part of an effort to turn the old Whiteys/Sicky's Burgers into a bakery/restaurant.   She just had their second child and she's very active on the Food Network with a couple different shows now plus they just finished a giant addition to their home in EGF so she has a lot of irons in the fire. 

"Girl meets Farm" airs Sunday mornings at 10am on Food Network.   Don't watch hungry.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, gfNDfan said:

That article is from 8 years ago but the ribs are still really good - wife and I ate there a couple weeks ago.   It's worth the drive to Euclid.  Falling off the bone tender and the sauce has just a little something something different that makes it really good. 

Word is Molly Yeh and her hubby are part of an effort to turn the old Whiteys/Sicky's Burgers into a bakery/restaurant.   She just had their second child and she's very active on the Food Network with a couple different shows now plus they just finished a giant addition to their home in EGF so she has a lot of irons in the fire. 

"Girl meets Farm" airs Sunday mornings at 10am on Food Network.   Don't watch hungry.

They just had an hour long special on HGTV showing their house remodel start to finish.

20220403_163731.jpg

26 minutes ago, Cratter said:

They just had an hour long special on HGTV showing their house remodel start to finish.

20220403_163731.jpg

It's a little interesting they identify with being in "Grand Forks" but their farm is one of the last on 220 heading north out of EGF.   Not a big deal - I assume they think Grand Forks is one community no matter what side of the river you live on.   I'm fine with that.  They've shown local activities like the Xmas Holiday Light Parade and other local events on the show - you'd think local marketers would watch to hitch their wagon to her star a little more than they have but that's just me.   We're lucky to have them in the community.

On 4/3/2022 at 8:01 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

saw on facebook someone said there is a green mill sign next to crooked pint?

https://knoxradio.com/2022/03/06/business-news-gf-tax-breaks-green-mill-whiskey/

"The Grand Forks Planning and Zoning Commission has approved a blade sign for the Crooked Pint Ale House on South Columbia Road.  The signage will say “Green Mill on the Go.”  According to a staff report the Crooked Pint Ale House business will stay but they plan on offering Green Mill pizza.  Current code does not allow a sign attached to a building to project more than two (2) feet." 

• Upvote 2