SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

On 12/30/2021 at 12:49 PM, Cratter said:

The name is Helix Wine and Bites.

I went here tonight based solely on this board.  Would not have known about it otherwise. 

Very, very good.  Wine, food, staff, everything.  I had braised beef over risotto, crab cakes and dirty rice for my partner.  We passed plates and were very pleased with both dishes.

Caught a lot of glances from others there, so it definitely is a local hangout.  I live too far away to be a regular but will certainly go back.

• Upvote 1

On 2/13/2022 at 4:57 PM, Cratter said:

Had Half Bros pizza for the first time short while ago.

They certainly are focusing making good pizza.

They just opened a small event venue in the basement.

Speaking of good local pizza check out Pete's Za by Rydells.   They do a Caribbean Jerk Pizza that is amazing and have lots of other unique pies.   Don't miss the Korean BBQ Wings with Gojuchang Sauce.   Might be one of the best wing flavors in town with sauce that's spicy and sweet and thick.  Have lots of napkins on hand but it's totally worth it.  They blow the geometric guys out of the water IMO

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lawkota said:

I went here tonight based solely on this board.  Would not have known about it otherwise. 

Very, very good.  Wine, food, staff, everything.  I had braised beef over risotto, crab cakes and dirty rice for my partner.  We passed plates and were very pleased with both dishes.

Caught a lot of glances from others there, so it definitely is a local hangout.  I live too far away to be a regular but will certainly go back.

Rumor has it there is were the south Grand Forks swingers hang out. Did you see a fishbowl with keys? ;)

• 3 weeks later...

still think it's dumb that rhombus brew is funneling people to the south side at night/eve ( or all day for all i know)....they put up a door leading to the north side, are demo/renovating the bar base and adding a gas fireplace on the north wall about midway on that wall....

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

still think it's dumb that rhombus brew is funneling people to the south side at night/eve ( or all day for all i know)....they put up a door leading to the north side, are demo/renovating the bar base and adding a gas fireplace on the north wall about midway on that wall....

Ya I havnt been there in awhile,  used to be our go to for dinner and drinks when I town.  Really puzzled about there new format  . I guess I can't knock until I see it for myself 

3 minutes ago, Green Banner said:

Ya I havnt been there in awhile,  used to be our go to for dinner and drinks when I town.  Really puzzled about there new format  . I guess I can't knock until I see it for myself 

yeah the fireplace will be nice and who knows why the "bottom" of the bar needs redoing so quickly...but that table in the northeast side by the rr trax was a cool spot to eat and drink and there aint anything on the other side that comes close

1 hour ago, bcblues said:

Wow. Sounds like "The Forks" food scene has changed since the Bronze Boot, Italian Moon, and the Red Pecker.

The Bronze Boot could cook a mean steak, on par with some famous steakhouses, to absolute perfection (tall guy with the tall hat as I remember). Everything else was mediocre at best, if not approaching lousy.  Great neon sign, saved by HOE.

1 hour ago, St Patrick said:

The Bronze Boot could cook a mean steak, on par with some famous steakhouses, to absolute perfection (tall guy with the tall hat as I remember). Everything else was mediocre at best, if not approaching lousy.  Great neon sign, saved by HOE.

The steaks RULED - the salad and sides were OK - thing was you had to duck the leaks from the ceiling.  If you looked up they actually had buckets hanging to catch the drips during the final days.  The story is one day is all went too far one day and part of the ceiling collapsed on diners.   The health department was called in and the rest is history.

GLAD the HOE saved the sign too!  Still wonder where the Highlander signed ended up?  That was a keeper too.

7 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

The steaks RULED - the salad and sides were OK - thing was you had to duck the leaks from the ceiling.  If you looked up they actually had buckets hanging to catch the drips during the final days.  The story is one day is all went too far one day and part of the ceiling collapsed on diners.   The health department was called in and the rest is history.

GLAD the HOE saved the sign too!  Still wonder where the Highlander signed ended up?  That was a keeper too.

Best French onion soup in town

26 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Best French onion soup in town

Agree on the soup, it was fabulous ( is the next best now the blue moose?)

The free happy hour bar food was nuts, thick side pork and white country sausage gravy, must have been sponsored by your local cardiologist’s vacation fund. 

1 hour ago, Tbone said:

Agree on the soup, it was fabulous ( is the next best now the blue moose?)

The free happy hour bar food was nuts, thick side pork and white country sausage gravy, must have been sponsored by your local cardiologist’s vacation fund. 

Best now joe blacks by far