SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

couldn't they take time to explain what "dine in area available" means....

33333333333333.jpg

From that photo, I'm guessing they feature Lawn and Garden-fresh salads! 

Bet they're raking in the profits, and hammering the competition.

New ad campaign:  Come eat at Home of Economy...where you can really shovel it in!

Next ad campaign:  If you're still hungry, you can always have mower.

Bonus random thought...does YO-HO make HOes?

• Like 3

On 12/18/2021 at 10:53 PM, bison73 said:

At least get the tag line correct---- where the ag college is--- where the men are men , the women are too and the sheep are nervous.  :D

It's not fair. You just had to look down at the tattoo on your forearm for that. ;)  

On 12/21/2021 at 7:52 PM, tnt said:

What were you told.

That's the least of your problems at Harry's - after waiting for half an hour after our "reservation" - we were seated and then waited an hour and 10 minutes for a "medium" steak that was blood red raw rare and my wife had a $28 dollar "walleye entree" that was one THIN walleye fillet burned and dry on the edges.  

We wanted SO MUCH to love this place and it's a beautiful renovation of the building - the only thing they forgot is the quality of the food.   I'm happy to pay for "EXPERIENCE" but this isn't it ...yet!  Ambience decent but the food is a train wreck!  

Matt the manager came out to hob-knob with Gino Gasparini's table and Marilyn was also there that night.  He looked around but never bothered to stop at any of the "common peoples" tables.   Thank's Matt.  Nice to know you care about all your customers. 

11 minutes ago, gfNDfan said:

That's the least of your problems at Harry's - after waiting for half an hour after our "reservation" - we were seated and then waited an hour and 10 minutes for a "medium" steak that was blood red raw rare and my wife had a $28 dollar "walleye entree" that was one THIN walleye fillet burned and dry on the edges.  

We wanted SO MUCH to love this place and it's a beautiful renovation of the building - the only thing they forgot is the quality of the food.   I'm happy to pay for "EXPERIENCE" but this isn't it ...yet!  Ambience decent but the food is a train wreck!  

Matt the manager came out to hob-knob with Gino Gasparini's table and Marilyn was also there that night.  He looked around but never bothered to stop at any of the "common peoples" tables.   Thank's Matt.  Nice to know you care about all your customers. 

Dang, I wanted that place to be good.

16 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

Did you let management know of the issues with your meal? If you dont bring issues to their attention they cant fix it.

5 hours ago, bison73 said:

Did you let management know of the issues with your meal? If you dont bring issues to their attention they cant fix it.

why do you have to bring it up......so absolutely no one that prepped it, cooked it, and then served it looked down and said "29 bucks for that?"

6 hours ago, bison73 said:

Our waiter was actually an assistant manager - he was very attentive and nice.  Was apologetic when we expressed our problems with the food - I sliced my steak and showed him the bleed and he did take the steak off our bill and gave us a complimentary dessert to go but the bottom line was we still paid $86 for a couple mocktails - a whole leaf romaine salad and soup, a mac and cheese side and a bad walleye entree.  We still left the $100 because it wasn't the waiters fault.  

The whole a la carte concept is really my problem.    I'll pay $50 for a great steak but c'mon - throw in some hash browns and a veggie and I'm happy.  I don't want to pay another $10 for the hash browns!  Dave Norman KILLED Whiteys with this !@#!$ "pay by the dish" concept.    Not his fault but Hal should know better.   The Bronze Boot was the LAST great GF Steakhouse and you didn't have to pay for every single thing on the plate.  You just had to watch out for !@#$ falling from the ceiling LOL

• Upvote 3