SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

3 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

100% and I don’t live in GF. Their steak is amazing and their food too. It has a huge following on the south end, but I think people on the south end and/or even people who go there often in general want to keep it on the DL/under the radar. Ha! :-)

Great place!

My buddy is the chef and it is real good. It’s not real heavily advertised but it is a very quaint and good place. Fun fact: The owner or part owner is Mike Shep who used to be the equipment manager for UND hockey. Anyway good place, try it out if you haven’t. Rumor has it when Hak is in town it’s one of his go to places. :)

• Like 1

I never order steak at restaurants. I can make one at home that is to my liking (and its fun) with limited ingredients/effort.. I generally order things I'm too lazy to make or cannot be cooked at scale (for the mouth breathers, for one or two people).

• Upvote 4

Got into La Cantina in the old El Roco on Gateway and South Wash and it was fantastic!  Nice conversion to a bar/restaurant and the food is very good.   Wife and I had a couple mex entrees - portions were huge and we had more than enough for lunch the next day.   Salsa is fresh and good - a little heat but not enough to scare off the scandanavians.  Chunky but good with the fresh chips.  They were busy but service is quick.  A great new place to patronize on the Northend!  Miss the Old Roc but they're evolving with the times.  Kudos for that!

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

interesting choice to move customers to the south side of rhombus brewery....the right side (as you walk in) was always the better side imo.

Is that because they have that new restaurant in there? Havnt been there since the summer. I really confused as to what's going on there

21 minutes ago, Green Banner said:

Is that because they have that new restaurant in there? Havnt been there since the summer. I really confused as to what's going on there

yeah...talked to the guy running it...he said it made sense to have everyone on the side of the "brewery" and that he gonna use the space on the other side to setup brunch or something....

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

half brothers pizza>rhombus guys pizza?

am i right or wrong?

I would agree.

Since Sickies closed we've been hitting The Spud Jr. often on game days. Cheese curds are on point and their fries and gravey are sublime!

• Like 1

Anyone know how Famous Daves is coming along? I believe when it was in the Heraldo they said like middle of Feb. however I have gone by it a few times in the last couple weeks and doesn’t appear to be much progress from the outside anyway.