SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

Via twitter, Chris Wilkie has been picked up by the Tri-City Storm

@USHL: At #2, @TriCityStorm pick up forward Chris Wilkie from Omaha, NE #USHLDraft

Also, Luke Voltin has been traded to the Lincoln Stars

@blackblueblog: Big trade yesterday. Voltin and Shiplo traded from Des Moines to the Stars.

Via twitter, Chris Wilkie has been picked up by the Tri-City Storm

Also, Luke Voltin has been traded to the Lincoln Stars

Greg Shea, Tri-City's president tweeted a photo of Wilkie being interviewed after the draft wearing a Tri-City jersey. Not to jinx anything but I think everyone can relax a little about him going to the WHL. He must have known that he'd be going to Tri City.

Greg Shea, Tri-City's president tweeted a photo of Wilkie being interviewed after the draft wearing a Tri-City jersey. Not to jinx anything but I think everyone can relax a little about him going to the WHL. He must have known that he'd be going to Tri City.

I think he knew.

ā€œHeā€™s going to be an extremely skilled hockey player,ā€ Hauge said. ā€œHeā€™s got a dynamic skill set and whatā€™s even more impressive is how hard and physical he plays. Heā€™s going to be a leader for us and Iā€™m really excited about him coming into our locker room.ā€

The second overall pick is also committed to play collegiately at North Dakota.

ā€œWe think heā€™ll be ready to play college hockey after one season and hopefully, if we do our job, heā€™ll be a high-end NHL Draft pick,ā€ Hauge said. ā€œHeā€™s ready to come in and be a marquee player for a franchise in our league and I think thatā€™s what heā€™s going to do here.ā€

http://www.stormhockey.com/NewsRundown/5713WILKIEBECOMESFIRSTNEBRASKANFORSTORM.aspx

Glad that they brought in a #3 that will compete for the job right away. Played a ton of minutes last year, and a ton of games. From watching the highlight package he has decent rebound control, but kind of flops around a bit. Nice to have three options in net.

Glad that they brought in a #3 that will compete for the job right away. Played a ton of minutes last year, and a ton of games. From watching the highlight package he has decent rebound control, but kind of flops around a bit. Nice to have three options in net.

I'm gonna have to disagree about him 'flopping' around. He's super quick side to side and dropping down to butterfly but I didn't see him flopping around like Lamoureux or anything. I wish he was taller though......

I'm gonna have to disagree about him 'flopping' around. He's super quick side to side and dropping down to butterfly but I didn't see him flopping around like Lamoureux or anything. I wish he was taller though......

I'm going to agree with you about not seeing flopping, if he's a flopper what does that make Lamoureux? He looks like a good goalie and I can't wait to see him!

Looks like a great goalie not sure if we can actually rank him as #3 I believe he has a shot at making the other 2 work for their spots

Which will make them work harder for playing time. Seems like a real win-win situation. Somewhat curious as to how long had they been talking to him? Hard time believing they had not been watching him since last year. Have a good feeling about this.

He's still young....Karl will work with him on positioning. Either way great pickup!