SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

Even when he was at Central all the coaches around the state knew he was going to be special. Just watching him with the puck. Poise, patience, tremendous hands, and great footwork at the blue line. Could have easily been gone his junior year, but stayed around and played on one of the better teams in North Dakota history. I think he contributes on the powerplay right away.

Could very well be the best defenseman UND has next season.

2001 Red River, Early 90's Central squads

2001 Red River, Early 90's Central squads

What year was the year they didn't get scored on at state and steamrolled everybody? Moreland brothers were on the squad, Mario Lamoureax was a young pup playing for them. That was a good team.

What year was the year they didn't get scored on at state and steamrolled everybody? Moreland brothers were on the squad, Mario Lamoureax was a young pup playing for them. That was a good team.

2004 I think. They played and beat up a very good Warroad team that year.

Both Moreland bros were not on that team.

Both Moreland bros were not on that team.

Hmmm....I thought Kasey was the goalie and Matt was a forward for that team? Matt was younger right?

Double checked with a Central grad buddy of mine and he says it was 2003 or 2004. Kasey was a senior, and Matt was a Junior.

Are they not brothers?

Hmmm....I thought Kasey was the goalie and Matt was a forward for that team? Matt was younger right?

Double checked with a Central grad buddy of mine and he says it was 2003 or 2004. Kasey was a senior, and Matt was a Junior.

Are they not brothers?

Was 2003 when they lost to Grafton?

Are they not brothers?

Casey was an 02 03 grad, yes they are brothers.

Which was the year that Central played in the championship, I think against Red River, and it went like three overtimes knotted at 0-0? Wasn't that a Jeff Panzer year?

No, it was not a Jeff Panzer year. Panzer was there for the 93-94 season and the 94-95 season. His first season (sophomore year) Central finished 2nd to Fargo South and his second season (junior year) Central won the championship over Grafton.

Which was the year that Central played in the championship, I think against Red River, and it went like three overtimes knotted at 0-0? Wasn't that a Jeff Panzer year?

I think that was in 1991, Chad Skarprud I believe scored the OT winner against Corey St Germain, both very good teams also.

Am I not the only one that thinks that the hockey teams in ND don't have the type of depth they once had on good years? I know there was that awesome 2010 central team and the 2008 red river team but it seems like teams were deep like that with more regularity in the early 2000's and the 90's

Am I not the only one that thinks that the hockey teams in ND don't have the type of depth they once had on good years? I know there was that awesome 2010 central team and the 2008 red river team but it seems like teams were deep like that with more regularity in the early 2000's and the 90's

Could it be because too many kids have been driven out for financial reasons, (i.e. parents wanting to travel)? Or the fact that they never play outside anymore? I lived for years next to a park and it got to the point I don't even get why they make rinks anymore. There is never anyone out there.

Agreed....however my other argument was there used to be way more D1 kids but now hockey is being played everywhere. Either way, I think teams in GF are making a comeback but the state as a whole is getting weaker.

I agree. Maybe it could be that the best players are leaving to play in junior leagues or AAA midget hockey. Lots of options out there other than the 20 game high school season.