SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

The Penticton Vees announced team awards tonight...

Robert Skinner Courage Award - Troy Stecher

Best Defenseman Award - Troy Stecher

Most Valuable Player - Troy Stecher

Leading Scorer - Wade Murphy

Were those the only four awards given out?

No. European skaters and NA/Euro goaltenders ranked ahead of our recruits would result in them being pushed down the draft board relative to the ranking numbers you see. For example, there are probably 7-9 European skaters or goaltenders that will be selected in the first round this season. That would push Thompson's projection into third round territory.

Does anyone know why they release this final list while the U18s are still going on? The draft isn't till late June. I feel like the U18s could really change some stock values.

Does anyone know why they release this final list while the U18s are still going on? The draft isn't till late June. I feel like the U18s could really change some stock values.

They probably will change draft stock, but I think when it gets close to draft, team scouts just go with internal lists anyways. So they'll take what they saw and move them up or down on their own lists.

The primary purpose of the Central Scouting list is to give NHL teams another list to check compared to their internal lists. If Central Scouting ranks anybody significantly higher/lower than they do, they may make sure to give that player an extra look.

The Penticton Vees announced team awards tonight...

Robert Skinner Courage Award - Troy Stecher

Best Defenseman Award - Troy Stecher

Most Valuable Player - Troy Stecher

Leading Scorer - Wade Murphy

Stecher played the last 5 games of the season with a separated shoulder

Not a bad batch of awards for Stecher and Murphy plus 16 yr old Gropp got rookie of the year he would be a nice get

They probably will change draft stock, but I think when it gets close to draft, team scouts just go with internal lists anyways. So they'll take what they saw and move them up or down on their own lists.

The primary purpose of the Central Scouting list is to give NHL teams another list to check compared to their internal lists. If Central Scouting ranks anybody significantly higher/lower than they do, they may make sure to give that player an extra look.

@siouxforce19 Yeah, I kind of presumed that they would use internal lists regardless. Just kind of odd that their "final rankings" are before their hockey is done.

@Chris Makes sense. Gives them a couple more games/players to check out for their internal purposes.

Thanks, guys!

Good 2012-13 BCHL Highlight video for Adam Tambellini. Looking forward to seeing this kid play this fall...(and hoping I'm dropping this link in correctly)

Wow, that kid might have a quicker release than Kristo, very impressive.

Good 2012-13 BCHL Highlight video for Adam Tambellini. Looking forward to seeing this kid play this fall...(and hoping I'm dropping this link in correctly)

To go along with his shot, he also has a very smooth set of hands. When he fills out he's going to be a beast.

Looks like you're losing Wilkie to the WHL. I'm not celebrating, I hate it when college kids go to the CHL.

Some saying it could be to the USHL instead but I wouldn't be suprised either way.

Chris Petersā€@chrismpeters26m

University of North Dakota commit Chris Wilkie is leaving the NTDP, source confirms. WHL rights held by Victoria, but USHL may be an option.

Some saying it could be to the USHL instead but I wouldn't be suprised either way.

University of North Dakota commit Chris Wilkie is leaving the NTDP, source confirms. WHL rights held by Victoria, but USHL may be an option.

I thought he might decommit a couple months ago, but now I'm not as convinced. The USHL Entry draft is Tues for his birth year, and I'm inclined to believe if he's drafted he may end up there instead of the WHL.

Dang, I thought he may come here. Crossing my fingers.

Via Schlossman

UND recruit Chris Wilkie is leaving NTDP. Next year's destination unknown at the time, but Wilkie says 'definitely not major juniors.'

USHL draft is tomorrow. Wilkie could find his home there.

Unfortunately we've heard that before and it didn't end well. I'll be cautiously optimistic until he's actually on campus.

Back in March I thought Wilkie was for sure gone to the WHL based on some of his twitter activity.

Hopefully he is just homesick or something and wants to play closer to home (the USHL) before he goes off to college, but I'm not holding my breath.

I've seen in some places that some think he may not be the only NTDP departure. But that's just twitter speculation. Still say there's something in the water in Ann Arbor.