SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

What are the chances that Ausmus comes to UND?

I'd guess he is gonna pick between UND and UMD but there is just so much more opportunity to play and play a lot right away at Duluth and I would think that would end up being his choice, unless Gwoz gets hired for the Maine job and Ausmus decides to follow him to Maine.

I'd guess he is gonna pick between UND and UMD but there is just so much more opportunity to play and play a lot right away at Duluth and I would think that would end up being his choice, unless Gwoz gets hired for the Maine job and Ausmus decides to follow him to Maine.

I wouldn't discount Minnesota's chances either, they had somewhat of an unexpected early departure in Alt, so I am sure they have some scholarships available. I think Ausmus is the caliber of player that you make room for no matter what. The funny thing is, if he were to come to UND in the fall along with Stecher, Thompson, and LaDue, Ausmus might be our 4th best freshman defenseman next year.

i think minnesota compensated for the alt loss by deciding to bring in vannelli this year. not positive on that

Yes, but I think the original plan was to have Vannelli play a year in the USHL, picking up Ausmus would allow them to do that. Although I don't know if it is possible to push Vannelli back a year anymore.

I wouldn't discount Minnesota's chances either, they had somewhat of an unexpected early departure in Alt, so I am sure they have some scholarships available. I think Ausmus is the caliber of player that you make room for no matter what. The funny thing is, if he were to come to UND in the fall along with Stecher, Thompson, and LaDue, Ausmus might be our 4th best freshman defenseman next year.

I like the defensemen we have coming in but it sounds like they would be willing to make room for him if he decides he wants to go to UND and that would make me think if Ausmus decided to come here he would maybe be the best freshman defenseman we would have next season. With Minnesota potentially being in the mix I really don't think they are looking at him, I think they are satisfied with bringing in Bischoff or Vanelli, if they were to bring in Ausmus this late and bring him in ahead of them I would guess Bischoff and Vanelli would be pretty upset.

Schlossmanā€@SchlossmanGF17m

@UNDMHockey future tweet? RT @FargoForce: Sioux with another goal to extend their lead to five with a goal by Trevor Olson

Looks like Olson is having a solid game in Fargo tonight, if anyone went and watched him a report on him would be great. Also to anyone who went to the game how did Avery Peterson look as he definitely could be a potential future Sioux recruit?

Schlossmanā€@SchlossmanGF17m

@UNDMHockey future tweet? RT @FargoForce: Sioux with another goal to extend their lead to five with a goal by Trevor Olson

Looks like Olson is having a solid game in Fargo tonight, if anyone went and watched him a report on him would be great. Also to anyone who went to the game how did Avery Peterson look as he definitely could be a potential future Sioux recruit?

Didn't go, but to this point Olson has a goal and 3 assists, and Peterson a goal and an assist.

Didn't go, but to this point Olson has a goal and 3 assists, and Peterson a goal and an assist.

Olson looked really good tonight, I honestly think we got a gem. Thinks the game well, made some very nice plays, can shoot the puck, and isn't afraid to get dirty in the hard areas. As far as Peterson? Yes, I would take him any day. He's got skill and drive, very nice player.

The blogger from the Lincoln Stars just had this to say about Paul LaDue:

"In my opinion, LaDue is the best all-around defenseman that has ever wore a Stars uniform. Steady as a rock. He will be missed next season".

That is some pretty high praise, Lincoln has had some pretty good defenseman there. Just running through their past rosters some names stood out to me, Colby Cohen (BU), Chad Langlais (Michigan), Matt Bartkowski (Ohio State, played a handful of games with the Bruins), Garrett Raboin (SCSU), and Brian Lee and Robbie Bina each played there for a handful of games as well.

The blogger from the Lincoln Stars just had this to say about Paul LaDue:

"In my opinion, LaDue is the best all-around defenseman that has ever wore a Stars uniform. Steady as a rock. He will be missed next season".

That is some pretty high praise, Lincoln has had some pretty good defenseman there. Just running through their past rosters some names stood out to me, Colby Cohen (BU), Chad Langlais (Michigan), Matt Bartkowski (Ohio State, played a handful of games with the Bruins), Garrett Raboin (SCSU), and Brian Lee and Robbie Bina each played there for a handful of games as well.

He must have improved 10 fold since I last saw him play when he was in highschool. Defiantly a late bloomer who paid his dues playing lower level juniors and working his way to the top. Very excited to see him next year.

He must have improved 10 fold since I last saw him play when he was in highschool. Defiantly a late bloomer who paid his dues playing lower level juniors and working his way to the top. Very excited to see him next year.

Absolutely, when he left high school, did you think he would play Division 1 hockey? Now he is one of the top defenseman recruits in the country and likely USHL Defenseman of the Year.

Absolutely, when he left high school, did you think he would play Division 1 hockey? Now he is one of the top defenseman recruits in the country and likely USHL Defenseman of the Year.

Hell no. He was very good but didn't blow me or a lot of others away and now he's a stud. Good for him for sticking with it. I'm sure a lot of kids would quite or get discouraged having to play the lower level juniors when they dream of d1.

Hell no. He was very good but didn't blow me or a lot of others away and now he's a stud. Good for him for sticking with it. I'm sure a lot of kids would quite or get discouraged having to play the lower level juniors when they dream of d1.

Kids that are very good, but think they aren't talented enough to play big time D-1 hockey, take a look at LaDue, he was in the same situation as you were. Who knows, someday the light bulb might just turn on, as it obviously did for LaDue.

Kids that are very good, but think they aren't talented enough to play big time D-1 hockey, take a look at LaDue, he was in the same situation as you were. Who knows, someday the light bulb might just turn on, as it obviously did for LaDue.

I think you may have misunderstood my perspective. He didnt blow me away as a An observer not competitor. I'm just glad that he's not another talented kid on the list of guys that just gave up after highschool in grand forks.

I wouldn't say it was out of the question. He left high school a year early to play in the NA (which is not a terrible league) and he played 2 years in the USHL, both being very productive.

I believe that is his Uncle. His father is Craig Simpson, he is an analyst not a GM.

Huh?? Probably just a mistake on your part as Dillon Simpsons dad is the tv analyst. Tambellini is a commited recruit....the reason I posted it in the commited recruits thread.