SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

Here is the newest group of commited recruits and their 10-11 teams as of now. Please post any news or updates on all commited sioux recruits

Forbort, Nelson, Rodwell and Simpson graduated from the previous list and will be in green and white this fall.

FUTURE COMMITED RECRUITS

NICK MATTSON - D - Indiana - USHL - 11' - Drafted 6th Rd. (#180) - CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

DANNY MATTSON - F - Chicago - USHL - 11' (undrafted)

MICHAEL PARKS - F - Cedar Rapids - USHL - 11' - Drafted 5th Rd. (#149) - PHILADELPHIA FLYERS

BRENDAN O'DONNELL - F - Penticton Vees - BCHL - 11' - Drafted 6th Rd. (#156) - TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING

ZANE GOTHBERG - G - Fargo Force - USHL - 11' / 12' - Drafted 6th Rd. (#165) - BOSTON BRUINS

COLTEN ST. CLAIR - F - Fargo Force - USHL - 11' (2011 Draft Prospect)

MARK MACMILLIN - F - Alberni Valley Bulldogs - BCHL - 11' - Drafted 4th Rd. (#113) - MONTREAL CANADIENS

ROCCO GRIMALDI - F - US U18 NTDP - (2011 draft prospepct)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Per Brad's Twitter:

SchlossmanGF: Rocco Grimaldi says: "I am a North Dakota Fighting Sioux."

nice! ill add him! big time recruit sioux fans. great job hak and staff!

per brads blog

UND lands major recruit

UND has landed one of the most coveted recruits in the country.

Californian Rocco Grimaldi sent me a text message this morning simply stating: "I am a North Dakota Fighting Sioux."

Grimaldi was the leading scorer of the U.S. Under-17 team last season. He's only about 5-foot-6 or so, reportedly, but has loads of skill.

Grimaldi's finalists were UND, Denver and Notre Dame.

There will be much more coming later.

Holy crap, huge news!

What a great pickup for UND! Hakstol is continuing to land these "big" guns!

I put big in quotes because he's about as big as Duncan. ;)

Hopefully Rocco can put up the stats like Duncan though!!

duncan/gerbe :) = pain in the ass for all wcha and national teams if so

Talk about a huge signing.Reload,reload,reload. :)

Yeah I am pretty pleased with this one. I was pretty disappointed when the Rau kid decided to go to the goofers but this has made up for it.

I am guessing he didn't want to go to Notre Dame because hockey is probably third fiddle and DU well they have like 3 people that show up for games and of course UND. The choice was probably easy for him.

From the updated GF Herald story about Grimaldi

Rocco Grimaldi had the UND men's hockey coaching staff on a conference call Tuesday morning when he asked them to check their e-mail.

When they looked at it, there was a picture of one of the country's most coveted recruits wearing a Fighting Sioux hockey jersey.

"I decided to have a little fun with it," Grimaldi said about his commitment. "I just felt comfortable there. I really liked the coaching staff. They have their own perspectives and personalities. They have hard-nosed guys and funny, laid-back guys."

"The facilities are unbelievable and the players were really good to me when I was there. It seems like a bunch of good guys and a good community."

I doubt that Rocco would go through the trouble of sending the pic of him wearing a Sioux jersey to the coaching staff if he was planning on bolting to the WHL instead.

I would think that Rocco will end up coming to UND.

oh according to "QuickFacts" twitter msg I was sent, we should not expect Rocco OR Mark McMillan to come to campus.

:)

oh according to "QuickFacts" twitter msg I was sent, we should not expect Rocco OR Mark McMillan to come to campus.

Rocco had been recruited heavily by every powerhouse college in country and also was/is steadily pursued by "W". He spent the last 7 months deciding between UND, notre dame, and DU after he made it public that he was deciding between those 3 universities. Mark McMillan had a big rookie year in the BCHL and after colleges came calling was torn between joining his brother at Northeastern or going to North Dakota. Obviously he chose the Sioux, and I'm not sure if he has really been pursued that heavily by the "W" or not. Both of these guys took their time and turned to their families and adivors for help and chose what they felt was the best college for them. We all know some players opt out for major junior after committments are made and sometimes even after they have already played some games in college. But after reading what various recruiting websites wrote about each of these guys during their recruitment process and reading the various stories that Brad has provided on them it seems very unlikely they're using there committment to UND as a tool to get a good deal in the "W". To put it another way, let 1:01-1:08 of this video get my point across: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJl6jIKeE2c

Fiona Quick was also positive that Jordan Schroeder was leaving for the pros at midseason last season.

That didn't work out well for her either. ;)

Rocco had been recruited heavily by every powerhouse college in country and also was/is steadily pursued by "W". He spent the last 7 months deciding between UND, notre dame, and DU after he made it public that he was deciding between those 3 universities. Mark McMillan had a big rookie year in the BCHL and after colleges came calling was torn between joining his brother at Northeastern or going to North Dakota. Obviously he chose the Sioux, and I'm not sure if he has really been pursued that heavily by the "W" or not. Both of these guys took their time and turned to their families and adivors for help and chose what they felt was the best college for them. We all know some players opt out for major junior after committments are made and sometimes even after they have already played some games in college. But after reading what various recruiting websites wrote about each of these guys during their recruitment process and reading the various stories that Brad has provided on them it seems very unlikely they're using there committment to UND as a tool to get a good deal in the "W". To put it another way, let 1:01-1:08 of this video get my point across: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJl6jIKeE2c

Oh, I agree with you. I've read several interviews with Grimaldi where he says right out he's not playing in the WHL. He seems to be a pretty "spiritual" kid if thats the right wording. I got that from this: http://dansallows.com/q-and-a-with-team-us...rocco-grimaldi/

There's just no sarcastic face for me to demonstrate my appropriate reaction to the comments made about the two recruits and the WHL.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to COMMITTED UND Recruits