SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

Highlight clip of Adam Tambellini in the BCHL playoffs

https://www.youtube....h?v=YDrA1NQF2G0

I have a feeling this kid is going to be very good. Likes to initiate contact, goes to the hard areas, hard worker, and has some silky hands.

6'4" and 180 pounds? Good-sized kid...pretty light though. Tambellini is a good Italian name though. Good pick-up.

Highlight clip of Adam Tambellini in the BCHL playoffs

https://www.youtube....h?v=YDrA1NQF2G0

I have a feeling this kid is going to be very good. Likes to initiate contact, goes to the hard areas, hard worker, and has some silky hands.

Wish they would have had a little more in front of the net type action, but he definitely looks like an excellent addition.

Video profile and interview with UND recruit Christian Evers from a Des Moines news station. Even though it hasn't been officially announced, it sounds very much like he will indeed be going to Ann Arbor to play at the NTDP. For those who don't know, David Wilkie, his coach this past year at Omaha, is the father of UND recruit Chris Wilkie. Also, his mother has impeccable taste when it comes to headwear fashion sense:

http://whotv.com/2013/04/17/nhl-dreams-evers-top-prospect/

Didn't know where to put this so I figured I would throw it here since he was at one time a committed recruit...

Stefan Matteau reportedly quit on his QMJHL team after being benched for the entire third period of a playoff game after taking a bad penalty.

Today, it was announced that he has officially been released from the team.

Yes, he's talented but I think UND may have dodged a bullet here.

Didn't know where to put this so I figured I would throw it here since he was at one time a committed recruit...

Stefan Matteau reportedly quit on his QMJHL team after being benched for the entire third period of a playoff game after taking a bad penalty.

What is even more odd is that his pops was the assistant coach....I'm guessing there was some sort of melt down.

No doubt, his poor attitude probably wouldn't have sat well with his teammates.

Yeah, sounds like a person with a sense of entitlement.

UND losing out on Garrett Clarke wasn't a bad thing, losing out on Steffy Matteau wasn't a bad thing either. Talk about an immature brat. He's how old? 18/19?

^^^^ This. How many times has it happened where a player commits to UND, then backs out and heads to the CHL? And of those, how many do we really regret losing after all is said and done?

How dare you bench me, I was in the NHL three months ago!

He is still CHL eligible, so next year will be interesting if NJ doesn't keep him in the NHL out of camp. In most situations if you're junior eligible you have to go back to the CHL and cannot be assigned to the AHL. If he is "released" then his rights are open, which means he probably could go to the AHL-I'm assuming...

Doubtful that the Devils will want him after this stunt, but maybe he can redeem himself somehow. He is a young man. As Fratty showed us, young men can make hard decisions and come back better for it- both as hockey players and as people.

How dare you bench me, I was in the NHL three months ago!

He is still CHL eligible, so next year will be interesting if NJ doesn't keep him in the NHL out of camp. In most situations if you're junior eligible you have to go back to the CHL and cannot be assigned to the AHL. If he is "released" then his rights are open, which means he probably could go to the AHL-I'm assuming...

Doubtful that the Devils will want him after this stunt, but maybe he can redeem himself somehow. He is a young man. As Fratty showed us, young men can make hard decisions and come back better for it- both as hockey players and as people.

I am not sure if the AHL rule applies to him since he was drafted out of the NTDP, and not the CHL. JT Miller was in the same situation I believe, and was allowed to play in the AHL.

I am not sure if the AHL rule applies to him since he was drafted out of the NTDP, and not the CHL. JT Miller was in the same situation I believe, and was allowed to play in the AHL.

Miller played in the OHL after he was drafted. I believe if you're drafted out of the USHL/NTDP you're AHL eligible at 19. I'm thinking you have to turn 19 prior to the start of the season. Not sure. My theory is Matteau will be AHL eligible next season like Miller was this year. 1 year CHL, then onto the AHL.

Here is some more on the Matteau thing.

Matteau had been benched after taking a slashing minor that led to the go-ahead goal being scored 10 seconds after it expired. Brisson admitted there was a ā€œverbal exchangeā€ after the game.

ā€œThey met with him. They were upset,ā€ Brisson said. ā€œEveryone was upset and there were some verbal exchanges that maybe you say some things sometimes in the heat of the moment that you regret later perhaps, but there was no physical altercation. There were verbal exchanges and JoĆ«l Bouchard and the Armada team decided to release him. That was their decision.ā€

Brisson said he has spoken to Matteau, Bouchard and Devils GM Lou Lamoriello. Lamoriello said earlier today, ā€œI have spoken to the general manager (JoĆ«l Bouchard) and I support what has transpired. But until I speak to the player, I really donā€™t have anything to add.ā€

Lamoriello said Matteau would not be brought to New Jersey for the Devilsā€™ final three regular season games. Brisson said Matteau will attend the Devilsā€™ prospects camp in July and would be eligible to play in the AHL with Albany or the NHL with New Jersey next season.

^^^^ This. How many times has it happened where a player commits to UND, then backs out and heads to the CHL? And of those, how many do we really regret losing after all is said and done?

Seth Jones and JT Miller are 2 recent ones. No, Jones never did commit to UND, but it was down to us or the CHL.

Seth Jones and JT Miller are 2 recent ones. No, Jones never did commit to UND, but it was down to us or the CHL.

Correct, Jones never committed. Jones handled it with class, he did not use a commitment to UND to force where he wanted to go in the CHL like Clarke and Matteau. Jones was up front and honest about what was going on. You'd have to refresh my memory on exactly how the Miller situation went down. I was referring to guys that actually committed.

Correct, Jones never committed. Jones handled it with class, he did not use a commitment to UND to force where he wanted to go in the CHL like Clarke and Matteau. Jones was up front and honest about what was going on. You'd have to refresh my memory on exactly how the Miller situation went down. I was referring to guys that actually committed.

Unless I'm misremembering, Miller committed, got drafted into the NHL, then left for the CHL that summer basically right before he was expected on campus.