SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

Schloss said he would announce tomorrow but apparently it leaked out early according to:

USHRā€@USHRhockey6m

US U-18 LD Gage Ausmus, a former Denver recruit, has committed to North Dakota. Ausmus played for East Grand Forks HS before going to NTDP.

Retweeted by Chris Dilks

Not suprised and figured it was between UND and UMD the whole time, think going to the NTDP may have helped him get away from GF for a while and now he felt fine to go back.

Ausmus commits to UND. Surprising move considering he wanted to get out of here before. Should be a solid pick up for UND.

assuming you just scooped BES, that's good news. Thought the word was he was announcing tomorrow.

Has Stepan stated he wants to play somewhere other than Ohio State next year? If so, and Ohio State won't allow a release to another Big Ten team, shouldn't the UND coaches give him a call to add possibly a little more offense to the lineup? Between him, Murphy, Tambellini and Johnson, should be able to find someone to fill in a little scoring with the loss of Kristo, Knight and Rowney.

Has Stepan stated he wants to play somewhere other than Ohio State next year? If so, and Ohio State won't allow a release to another Big Ten team, shouldn't the UND coaches give him a call to add possibly a little more offense to the lineup? Between him, Murphy, Tambellini and Johnson, should be able to find someone to fill in a little scoring with the loss of Kristo, Knight and Rowney.

I've heard OSU doesn't want to release him for him to go to a Big 10 OR NCHC school.

Rumor is he wants to go to Minnesota and Ohio State is trying to make sure that doesn't happen but I'm not sure if Stepan has publicly said anything yet. If he really wants to go to Minnesota he could decide to play another year of juniors and then he would be free to sign anywhere next season.

With the Ausmus commitment, will Thompson, LaDue, and Stecher all still come in? If so, our defense will be extremely deep, albeit fairly young next year.

I would guess if one doesn't come in next year it would be Stecher but could see all 4 coming in as well.

I would guess if one doesn't come in next year it would be Stecher but could see all 4 coming in as well.

I would guess that all 4 come in as well. Stecher is too good not to bring in. If we push him back a year, I don't see how we keep him, he would get picked up by another big name school extremely quickly.

So next year on D is looking like this:

Simpson - Sr.

Mattson - Jr.

Panzeralla - Jr.

Schmaltz - So.

Ladue - Fr.

Ausmus - Fr.

Thompson - Fr.

Stetcher - Fr.

I potentially see Panzerall sitting and if Mattson continues to struggles, he'll be watching some nights too. Ladue will be an older Fr, I can't see him sitting. Thompson is a tremendous skating and puck moving d-man, I can't see him sitting. And finally, with Ausum's style of D, which the team desperately needs, I don't see him not being in the lineup too.

Overall, the D-lineup will be quite interesting next year, but that is a good thing to have.

Simpson - Sr.

Mattson - Jr.

Panzeralla - Jr.

Schmaltz - So.

Ladue - Fr.

Ausmus - Fr.

Thompson - Fr.

Stetcher - Fr.

I potentially see Panzerall sitting and if Mattson continues to struggles, he'll be watching some nights too. Ladue will be an older Fr, I can't see him sitting. Thompson is a tremendous skating and puck moving d-man, I can't see him sitting. And finally, with Ausum's style of D, which the team desperately needs, I don't see him not being in the lineup too.

Overall, the D-lineup will be quite interesting next year, but that is a good thing to have.

Mattson to forward?

Ausmus commits to UND. Surprising move considering he wanted to get out of here before. Should be a solid pick up for UND.

I heard this from a buddy reasonably close to the team a few weeks back....but it was taking so long I was starting to get worried. Great day, great pick-up! He'll be pretty good right from the get go. Now....what to do with everyone else. I hope they don't keep Stecher in the BCHL longer, he'll probably decommit.

With the Ausmus commitment, will Thompson, LaDue, and Stecher all still come in? If so, our defense will be extremely deep, albeit fairly young next year.

Ladue will be here in the fall.... This I can tell you... I would bet that Thompson is here as well.

Simpson - Sr.

Mattson - Jr.

Panzeralla - Jr.

Schmaltz - So.

Ladue - Fr.

Ausmus - Fr.

Thompson - Fr.

Stetcher - Fr.

Mattson is solid, no idea why he took a step backward last year but I do see him being a major contributor next year. I honestly think we have a great team next year. Young, but they'll be tough to beat.

Mattson to forward?

I am sure the offensively gifted defensemen like Mattson, Thompson, or Stecher might see some time at forward. Don't think you would look at Schmaltz doing that, since he took a good step forward the last half of the year, and the Blues might not like their 1st round draft pick playing out of position.

Is it normal to have 2 d men in suits every game? Also what will Panz's role end up being? He's the most skilled guy in the world and there are 4 very good fr coming in. It doesn't seem like a good situation for him. A positive though is that Mattson will have to regain his form and decision making or he'll be in a suit regularly since these new guys can all play right away.

How big is Ausmus anyway? I can't remember.

Most places I've seen have him about 6'1" between 190 and 205

I would guess Panzerella will be one of the D out most games and then I'm not sure if they will try to have someone delay a year but I would be very suprised if that were Ausmus or Thompson so really the only possibility I see of someone waiting a year to come in is if Stecher is delayed a season.

Most places I've seen have him about 6'1" between 190 and 205

I would guess Panzerella will be one of the D out most games and then I'm not sure if they will try to have someone delay a year but I would be very suprised if that were Ausmus or Thompson so really the only possibility I see of someone waiting a year to come in is if Stecher is delayed a season.

I think bring em all in and if one or two of the guys we already have get beat out then its better for the team. Maybe it'll be a good thing to have a ton of competition for the 6 d spots instead of how it was this year where it took monumental failures on the ice to get scratched.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to COMMITTED UND Recruits