SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

On 3/19/2021 at 11:19 AM, siouxfan512 said:

Not that Bubbs is leaving anytime soon, but Dane would be the obvious replacement, correct? Those two are just so darn good at what they do.

The only other name that would fit: Karl Goehring. 

On 3/19/2021 at 9:50 AM, UNDBIZ said:

eat-crow-300x336.jpg?w=300

Yeah about that. That's an interesting take. 

Shane Pinto, #6 Grey, 11/12/00, Forward, Shoots Right, Selects Academy 18U (USPHL) - Following a good camp with the Lincoln Stars, he drew some NCHC interest. North Dakota assistant Dane Jackson came to watch him play here. He has a good stride, a quick release and he’s a cerebral player. However, he didn’t do enough here with his skill set.

3 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

Someone said it, but I feel like it’s not true? 

Yeah, from what I gathered he had a connection to UND through one of Rick Wilson’s sons (not Landon), coaching him in Texas.

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Jaksen Panzer with a goal for EGF tonight against Warroad heading to third period leading 4-1.  Ausmus playing a ton of minutes and limiting a pretty good top line for Warroad. 

I think Ausmus had the first goal. And he scored in the semifinals as well.

9 hours ago, Smoggy said:

I think Ausmus had the first goal. And he scored in the semifinals as well.

The kid has got a bomb from the point.  You can tell that Palmo and Oliver give him free range to unload because he took some shots from not the most opportune areas on the powerplay, and just missed on a few in other spots.  

Looking at our recruiting pipeline, other than the family ties, I don’t see any Minnesota recruits.  Are we just not getting kids we are recruiting, or have we focused more elsewhere? You would think Karl Goehring would be able to pluck a few from the Cities.  We used to get a few big guns here and there.  We need to challenge Minnesota and UMD for the top talent in the state, because Motzko can’t appeal to everyone.  Need to pull more guys like Hain and Frisch, but also pull top talent from the Twin Cities metro.

48 minutes ago, tnt said:

Looking at our recruiting pipeline, other than the family ties, I don’t see any Minnesota recruits.  Are we just not getting kids we are recruiting, or have we focused more elsewhere? You would think Karl Goehring would be able to pluck a few from the Cities.  We used to get a few big guns here and there.  We need to challenge Minnesota and UMD for the top talent in the state, because Motzko can’t appeal to everyone.  Need to pull more guys like Hain and Frisch, but also pull top talent from the Twin Cities metro.

It's certainly not a good sign, but MN has 5 D1 schools and all of them are competition now. 

So now Blake has his state championship wonder what the next step is.  Back to the USHL for the remainder of the season?  As far as next year goes I'm sure he would make the NTPD but not sure if that's something he's even interested in.

11 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Blake with a horrible backcheck and it winds up in his team's net.

Paper did say he played with a broken ankle. Perhaps that had something to do with it. Regardless, Blake had one heck of a tournament. 

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

So now Blake has his state championship wonder what the next step is.  Back to the USHL for the remainder of the season?  As far as next year goes I'm sure he would make the NTPD but not sure if that's something he's even interested in.

Although a Junior, he's an '03, so he would age out of the NTDP.

2 hours ago, DL Sioux said:

Paper did say he played with a broken ankle. Perhaps that had something to do with it. Regardless, Blake had one heck of a tournament. 

Makes sense.

30 minutes ago, franchise said:

How was this the first mention of Blake when he was easily the MVP of the tourney?

I was shocked to see it, but if his ankle was broken it explains his skipping a few strides.