SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

4 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

I think (and really hope) Berry has got to know Sanderson is coming back considering we don’t really have a backup plan at the moment if he doesn’t. I’m sure we could find one if needed but I’d rather not lol. 

I’d like to avoid a Tyson Jost situation where they thought he was coming back and then didn’t. Could set us back again. 

Yes, that would not be good. I think Johnson could probably come in along with L. Bast and likely Morrow. 

So, that would leave us with:

Sanderson, Frisch, Kleven, Moore, L. Bast, Morrow, and Johnson.

3 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Big IF, but IF we were to need some short term depth at defense, or any position, there will likely be a lot of skilled transfers available due to the Covid rule.

Yep. This rule could change things big time for many, many teams.

8 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

How good will Sanderson be if he stays another year. Watching him play is truly a treat. I haven't seen a guy step up into the offense like that for a while ... probably since Genoway, and as much as I liked Genoway .... those two should not be compared from a skill perspective.

I hope to see him jump into the offense more and more this year, and hopefully into next season as well.

I said it earlier, but I think he'll be NCHC POY type player. He's unbelievable. Been quarterbacking PP2 for months now and could easily be on PP1, but we have an embarrassment of riches. He'd be PP1 on nearly every team in the country. He'd run everything next year. 

15 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Yeah, not ideal. But, Sanderson (assuming/thinking/hoping/praying he stays), Frisch, Kleven, and Moore is a solid start. 

We're so fortunate. Sandy, Frisch, Kleven, and Moore? Any program would be stoked to roll those two d-pairings out on the ice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

You think these players don't have maturity, character or critical reason skills? Honestly? Goodness.

Other than a single Tweet that obviously was planned, composed, and required some thought, and reflection by the author, and served as his official introduction to the UND hockey community and a significant milestone in his life...what else would I have to go on?

Can we not assess or judge people on their own acts and words?  Or is play on the ice the sole determinant?

2 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

We're so fortunate. Sandy, Frisch, Kleven, and Moore? Any program would be stoked to roll those two d-pairings out on the ice.

Absolutely! We all have a lot to say about Moore in his current position, but you can see flashes of absolute greatness in him, offensively. He'll definitely get better defensively.  

Just now, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Other than a single Tweet that obviously was planned, composed, and required some thought, and reflection by the author, and served as his official introduction to the UND hockey community and a significant milestone in his life...what else would I have to go on?

Can we not assess or judge people on their own acts and words?  Or is play on the ice the sole determinant?

Sure you can. But, I'm feeling like that is a bit short sided.

Feels like not a lot to judge someone's character on, however. Knowing our program and our reputation and history of recruiting the talent level and type of person we recruit (with a few exceptions and incidents, of course), I'd say that gives some solid insight that the kid is likely pretty well-rounded.

8 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I said it earlier, but I think he'll be NCHC POY type player. He's unbelievable. Been quarterbacking PP2 for months now and could easily be on PP1, but we have an embarrassment of riches. He'd be PP1 on nearly every team in the country. He'd run everything next year. 

I'd up it to the best player in College hockey.

3 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Feels like not a lot to judge someone's character on, however. Knowing our program and our reputation and history of recruiting the talent level and type of person we recruit (with a few exceptions and incidents, of course), I'd say that gives some solid insight that the kid is likely pretty well-rounded.

As the saying goes, you only get one chance to make a first impression. :)

2 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

As the saying goes, you only get one chance to make a first impression.

Fair enough, man. Sorry if I was too harsh in arguing your opinion. Totally fine with where you're coming from, I just don't feel that reflects much. 

18 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

What tweet are we talking about 

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Flat-out bomb. Pretty great wrister, too. I expected him to be less offensively inclined. He's world's ahead of my expectations. 

Not quite sure there. He definitely passes the eye test but 5 goals and 1 assist in 20 games?  Obviously 5 goals isn't bad however I'm curious how he doesn't have more than 1 assist with that heavy of a shot.

1 minute ago, scpa0305 said:

Not quite sure there. He definitely passes the eye test but 5 goals and 1 assist in 20 games?  Obviously 5 goals isn't bad however I'm curious how he doesn't have more than 1 assist with that heavy of a shot.

I honestly had no expectations of him offensively. Pegged him as a bruiser/enforcer type that was going to sprinkle in a bomb or two. I've been happy with all aspects with him. I wouldn't mind seeing him adding more assists, sure.

33 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

I've heard there may be parental issues

Interesting. I know Stoney was clear this is not the MM situation, but this year reiterated what we already knew. This team is far bigger than any 1 guy. MM would have been a nice talent, but the team is perfectly fine without him.

I don't care who it is, I don't ever want to see the wrong kind of guy in this program. It can tear a team and a program apart. If a guy is going to put on the UND sweater, he better be prepared to buy into the system.

32 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Interesting. I know Stoney was clear this is not the MM situation, but this year reiterated what we already knew. This team is far bigger than any 1 guy. MM would have been a nice talent, but the team is perfectly fine without him.

I don't care who it is, I don't ever want to see the wrong kind of guy in this program. It can tear a team and a program apart. If a guy is going to put on the UND sweater, he better be prepared to buy into the system.

Kid plays a wagon wheel style of hockey (which I absolutely love by the way....think how Sanderson has been playing lately) and I know I've heard from good sources his pops controls where he plays based on systems/style ran. He's a super confident right handed D man that has to end up here. Can't lose that one.

22 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Kid plays a wagon wheel style of hockey (which I absolutely love by the way....think how Sanderson has been playing lately) and I know I've heard from good sources his pops controls where he plays based on systems/style ran. He's a super confident right handed D man that has to end up here. Can't lose that one.

Has he signed his NLI?

3 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

I think (and really hope) Berry has got to know Sanderson is coming back ... 

Flip this to the Ottawa POV:

They know what Wolanin looked like in college when they brought him in. And frankly, Wolanin needed the fourth year of college polish to his game but didn't get it. 

With that history, and you have to figure Sanderson wants another WJC, I'd hope Sanderson does a second year of college.

After that, all bets are off.