SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

7 hours ago, brianvf said:

Bast staying an extra year to play with his bro makes sense if that ended up happening. Should be an interesting off season for a lot of schools with players potentially staying another season and transfers. 

We will have this discussion every year until the freshmen class is gone.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, brianvf said:

Bast staying an extra year to play with his bro makes sense if that ended up happening. Should be an interesting off season for a lot of schools with players potentially staying another season and transfers. 

I don't know if I trust Bast staying anyway, purely from an injury standpoint.

10 hours ago, brianvf said:

At the 16:20 mark Alex talks about him playing with his brother.   I saw another interview with him last week though and he talks about cherishing the games he has remaining, so not sure if he is coming back or not.  

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

Looks like another recruit doesn’t know the name of the team he’s going to play for. 

Hope you reminded him! I always find it so bizarre when somebody has to make a point to point out of the obvious. I mean who cares.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, AJS said:

Hope you reminded him! I always find it so bizarre when somebody has to make a point to point out of the obvious. I mean who cares.

I’m just curious at what point do incoming hockey players realize the name retired almost a decade ago. All the other programs have figured it out. 

5 minutes ago, AJS said:

Looks like a real solid pickup. I'm guessing he'll be on campus this Fall as a True Freshman. 

There are a lot of moving pieces, with guys who may leave early or stay late (a new concept), but that seems possible if not ideal. 

17 minutes ago, skateshattrick said:

Don't we have at least 3 defensemen leaving? (Kiersted, Rieger and Bast) and probably/possibly JBD?

Yup. We don’t have enough D for next year right now without getting into the possibility of a senior coming back. 

JBD, Frisch, Sanderson, Kleven, and Moore are the underclassmen. Adding Morrow and Luke Bast next year brings it to 7. JBD leaving would leave us at 6. So I think this new guy is here in the fall, barring anything else happening like seniors coming back, adding a transfer, etc.