SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I've looked a bit and seen Cole Spicer as a 2022 likely draftee, but haven't seen much about Panzer

They’ll both get drafted. Spicer appears to be struggling a bit at the Program.

As it relates to Panzer...looked at Minot’s lineup chart and a Brasen Boser has a UND commitment logo next to his name...similar to panzer. I don’t remember see his commitment.

2 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

As it relates to Panzer...looked at Minot’s lineup chart and a Brasen Boser has a UND commitment logo next to his name...similar to panzer. I don’t remember see his commitment.

Brasen Boser is the next Brock Boeser.  ;)

3 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

See they are both listed as affiliate players, so I'm guessing Jaksen heads back to EGF and Boser back to Phoenix.  Guessing the Boser commitment was an error.  Being a Minot kid we would have heard about it. 

16 hours ago, Wilbur said:

See they are both listed as affiliate players, so I'm guessing Jaksen heads back to EGF and Boser back to Phoenix.  Guessing the Boser commitment was an error.  Being a Minot kid we would have heard about it. 

That’s what I was thinking 

21 hours ago, Wilbur said:

From what I've found he has decent numbers. 

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't followed up on the US NDTP 17 year old team much since earlier in the year, but it looks at though Cole Spicer may be struggling a bit.  Not sure if there is an injury there or something, but he hasn't scored a goal since October.

In fact, if the stats are correct the assist he got on Saturday against Youngstown was his first since October.  Alright in the know GF residents.  What's going on in Michigan?     

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Haven't followed up on the US NDTP 17 year old team much since earlier in the year, but it looks at though Cole Spicer may be struggling a bit.  Not sure if there is an injury there or something, but he hasn't scored a goal since October.

In fact, if the stats are correct the assist he got on Saturday against Youngstown was his first since October.  Alright in the know GF residents.  What's going on in Michigan?     

It is what it is....he's typically on a 4th line.  I believe he's been a healthy scratch a few times and yes, it appears he's struggling a good amount.  His skillset is still through the roof.  I'm not overly worried about it.  He played 15O last year so this jump is fairly intense. Others on that team are simply adjusting at a quicker rate.

In the EGF pipeline to UND news last evening the wave beat Fargo Davies 7-3.

Trey Ausmus with two assists, but was even in the plus minus category.  And Panzer had 2 goals and an assist and was a +2.  Panzer currently with 7 points in four games.  Ausmus also with 7 points in four games.  

Both are drafted by USHL teams (Panzer-Sioux Falls, Ausmus-Madison).  Wondering if they'll head those directions after the high school season or stick around and play with NAHL teams.  Panzer already played a game with Minot in the NA so I'm guessing he heads that direction after the season.     

It'll be really interesting to follow Portz the rest of the way. Last year he was just off a PPG pace in the USHL at .90 PPG. Started off this year going scoreless in the first four games, picked it up a little, but before his trade was 10 Points (5G / 5A) in 16 Games. Tri-City currently does not have a PPG guy on their team, but have 2 that are relatively close (now 3 via trade). Also if you look at Gopher recruit Matthew Knies who was a PPG last year as an underager, huge talent and he's at .53 PPG this year.

Portz is a key piece to next years recruiting class. Only one game, but what a debut that was. 

On 1/23/2021 at 7:37 AM, AJS said:

It'll be really interesting to follow Portz the rest of the way. Last year he was just off a PPG pace in the USHL at .90 PPG. Started off this year going scoreless in the first four games, picked it up a little, but before his trade was 10 Points (5G / 5A) in 16 Games. Tri-City currently does not have a PPG guy on their team, but have 2 that are relatively close (now 3 via trade). Also if you look at Gopher recruit Matthew Knies who was a PPG last year as an underager, huge talent and he's at .53 PPG this year.

Portz is a key piece to next years recruiting class. Only one game, but what a debut that was. 

8 Points (3G 5A) in 3 games with Muskegon.

• 3 weeks later...

Without reading back, I'm wondering where we stand for defensemen in the near future. We lose Bast, Kiersted and Reiger to graduation, probably JBD and possibly Sanderson. That would leave Moore, Frisch and Kleven. I only see one coming in next year (Scott Morrow) and only two the following year. Any talk of someone coming in early? 

9 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

Without reading back, I'm wondering where we stand for defensemen in the near future. We lose Bast, Kiersted and Reiger to graduation, probably JBD and possibly Sanderson. That would leave Moore, Frisch and Kleven. I only see one coming in next year (Scott Morrow) and only two the following year. Any talk of someone coming in early? 

I think Sanderson plays a 2nd year but I see your point.

24 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

Bast comes in next year.

5 hours ago, Wilbur said:

So I just attempted to find Cole Spicer's stats on the U17 stats page and he hasn't played a game there since Jan 16th.  

Anybody know if he got hurt or is playing elsewhere?

He got injured, he got a stick to the groin hard and had to get surgery for a hernia I think and it’s like an 8 week healing process. I think he’s on the third or fourth week

1 hour ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

I forgot about Bast. He's not listed on CHN's list for UND. The extra year of eligibility could make things interesting too. As @AlphaMikeFoxtrotsays, the Bast brothers might want a year to play together. Reiger staying maybe?

Luke Bast was initially on CHN’s roster for this season by mistake and when they fixed it, they took him off completely and didn’t move him into next year’s class. That roster on CHN is always a mess. 

1 hour ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

I forgot about Bast. He's not listed on CHN's list for UND. The extra year of eligibility could make things interesting too. As @AlphaMikeFoxtrotsays, the Bast brothers might want a year to play together. Reiger staying maybe?

Bast and Keane should both stay another year. It's a balancing act, because you don't want to force players to leave, but you don't want a dud overstaying his welcome.

3 hours ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

I mentioned this a while ago and someone borderline bit my head off. Numbers didn’t add up and my only conclusion is Berry must know something we don’t *shrugs*