SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

3 hours ago, brianvf said:

That's immediately who I thought of too while reading the article.
Sounds like a very good pickup who could end up being a fan favorite.

More bleeping 21 year old Canadians.  When will it end????

RIP Wooger. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Herald article on UND dman commit Scott Morrow:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/hockey/6481903-UND-commit-headed-to-Fargo-has-a-lot-of-Travis-Roche-in-him-Force-GM-Cary-Eades-says

"He's got a lot of Travis Roche in him," Eades said, referring to the former UND first-team All-American defenseman. "He plays a bit of a rover, which is great this day and age. He's adept defensively as well. He has a good stick and understanding of the game. But he can really add to the offensive game, starting deep in his zone, breaking out pucks and joining the rush. The guys at Shattuck have done a great job developing him."

Another Roche?  Yes please.
Geez that dman pipeline is SO stacked.

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, brianvf said:

I'm a bit surprised that his commitment to UND was not mentioned, usually THN is praising the program...   Oops found the mentioned, my reading comprehension is following my memory right out the door.

Edited by 90siouxfan
brain fog

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

Didn't Cole Spicer also have a good year last year and make the U17 team for next year?

Spicer wouldn't be eligible for a couple different reasons (1) Too young - Hlinka would be 03' birth year (2) NTDP players aren't eligible. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, AJS said:

Spicer wouldn't be eligible for a couple different reasons (1) Too young - Hlinka would be 03' birth year (2) NTDP players aren't eligible. 

I had it in my head that Spicer, Panzer, and Blake are all the same age. Didn't realize Blake was a year older and NTDP players aren't eligible.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I expect more....

Canadian juniors are hitting kids hard about dems people playing politics with on campus classes and athletics..

Doing hard sells about not letting their future be a pawn in the drama.

If he was going the MJ route he wouldn't have asked for the release...

5 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Not talking about Rizzo... or UND specifically.

The strategy is being employed on every potential CHL player regardless of their current commitment 

12 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

I strongly doubt the CHL was in the mix here....his numbers in the BC were pretty avg given his age/hype.  He's definitely one that needs 3-4 years of college.  He'd only have one year left in the CHL.

50 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Its a little irritating as I feel like we have been waiting for Rizzo forever! Going back to even before he committed to UND. Will be interesting to see where he lands, but I do wonder what made him change his mind so late.

Maybe he read the comments on the Coronavirus thread.:whistling:

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

Its a little irritating as I feel like we have been waiting for Rizzo forever! Going back to even before he committed to UND. Will be interesting to see where he lands, but I do wonder what made him change his mind so late.

Hopefully he doesn't go to Omaha with Johnny Tychonick.   It seems like any guy that has some kind of UND ties seems to put up nice numbers for Omaha.   

• 1 month later...

Bowden Singleton (04) will be joining Dylan James (03) and Louis Jamernik (00) on the Okotoks Oilers (AJHL) next year. Will definitely be a team to watch. 

Dylan James, who's a late '03 had a really solid 1st year of Juniors last year, putting up 20 G 23 A for 43 points in 51 games. I dug into the AJHL scoring leaders and here are some of the higlights.

• James finished 43rd overall in the league in scoring
    • 1st among '03 Birthdays
    • Five '02 Birthdays that finished ahead of him
      • Two being Carter Savoie and Michael Benning (High end Denver recruits), both January 2002 DOB

What does this mean? Just that he had a great benchmark for year one. He's kind of under the radar as he hasn't been talked about much on here, but so far so good. Could turn out to be a very good player. 

• UNDBIZ changed the title to COMMITTED UND Recruits