SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

6 hours ago, siouxczech29 said:

Does anyone know where Braden Costello is playing this year? I don’t see him listed with Trail.

He’s with Bismarck Bobcats. The line chart the other night did not have the UND logo next to his name. I’d guess we cut him loose.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, I Ranger said:

Anyone know if Halliday de-committed? Heisenberg doesn't have him listed as a UND recruit anymore. 

If he has, which wouldn’t shock me, it was probably pretty recent so I don’t think it’s information anyone would have. I haven’t seen it anywhere else yet. 

1 hour ago, I Ranger said:

Anyone know if Halliday de-committed? Heisenberg doesn't have him listed as a UND recruit anymore. 

He was also draft eligible, wasn’t he. Projected in the mid rounds?  Thought he was older than Jackson Kunz who was drafted.

39 minutes ago, Tbone said:

He was also draft eligible, wasn’t he. Projected in the mid rounds?  Thought he was older than Jackson Kunz who was drafted.

Yes he's older.  Definitely kind of free fall'd a bit the past few years.  Hopefully he plays this year...maybe next year in the USHL and continues to develop and he still gets a chance with UND. Big skilled kid however his skating is not good. That really hurts as you move up.

Brad never mentioned anything on him during the coverage so there's that I suppose.

30 minutes ago, tnt said:

Schlossman said he has decommitted.   Be interesting to see what his plans are.  

Wonder what the reason was.  Maybe he sees all of these other recruits jumping him and foresees a lack of playing time.  Happens a lot with these early commits, especially the larger forwards who dominate at lower levels due to physical maturity.

5 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

With college well underway and Rizzo not at Wisco or another school, fair to say he’s playing major juniors? I doubt he just quit the game.  

Per Heisenberg, he’s playing for Chicago in the USHL.

1 hour ago, as15 said:

This appears to be a big get.  Tough for a sophomore to play in the USHL, let alone put up 0.5 PPG as a defenseman.  Good size too.

It really does. I've become cautious of getting too high or too low when it comes to a player when they originally commit. You get burned enough (both ways) you eventually learn. There is a lot to like about this one. 

1 hour ago, as15 said:

Wonder what the reason was.  Maybe he sees all of these other recruits jumping him and foresees a lack of playing time.  Happens a lot with these early commits, especially the larger forwards who dominate at lower levels due to physical maturity.

Reminds me of Mitchell Mattson

4 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

You have to wonder if the recent draft (and UND's defensemen going in it) was a deal-maker. 

I have been thinking the combination of the draft and the recent commit of Costantini for next year had something to do with it. In looking at the potential incoming forwards for next year,  and I’m not great at math, but it looked like one of them was probably going to be pushed back another year.