SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

4 hours ago, mattim said:

Playing in front of their fans has to be a big draw, Western’s got to have the best fans in the country. I know that we love our team at UND, but their fans are crazy and their arena allows them to be lunatics. They have a very good coaching staff and they have proven to be successful getting players ready for the next level. 

Do not underestimate the value of Puck Boy.F7D0D54A-6581-42D3-9F00-3F8509035D4F.thumb.jpeg.4e73f50538cac98ee4d0d5aaf01c4146.jpeg

Surprised there are no comments on the Heraldo write up on Reese Gaber.  Sounds like a great get - we can always use guys who can put the puck in the net as we saw this year.  Our scorers made everyone better.  Can't wait until next year. 

9 minutes ago, Irish said:

Surprised there are no comments on the Heraldo write up on Reese Gaber.  Sounds like a great get - we can always use guys who can put the puck in the net as we saw this year.  Our scorers made everyone better.  Can't wait until next year. 

Sounds like a great pickup...hopefully his scoring can translate to the college level quickly.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/hockey/5010150-UND-incoming-freshman-Riese-Gaber-wins-USHL-goal-scoring-title

• Like 1

I'm sure our conditioning program will strengthen him, but if he is fast and solid on his feet, I wouldn't worry. And today's game is friendlier to the little guy than it was when Panzer, Hoogsteen, and Duncan played.  Hooking, holding, and interference are called much more now than they were then.  That's one thing that sticks out watching all the old "great memories" games posted on that thread in recent weeks. 

• Upvote 2

On 3/31/2020 at 8:20 PM, Sioux90 said:

165 pounds. He needs to put some weight on. 

With the way hockey is going, high skilled and speed is over taking everything.  He's 20 too, so he'll most likely be a 4 year player for us. Great seeing older commits being high end USHL guys.

• Upvote 2

Final 2020 Draft Rankings were released by Central Scouting:

• 4. Sanderson
  • 42. Kleven
  • 49. Miller
  • 94. Kunz
  • 119. Bowen
  • 123. Halliday

I do put a lot into these rankings as a phenomenal baseline. Of course guys will get taken before / behind of their "projection", but they do give great insight.

Berry gave the names of 4 Forwards (Need 5) and 2 Defenseman (Need 3) that will be here next year. I would hope both Bowen and Halliday are pushed back to 2021. I thought Miller would sky rocket up the rankings. I would be more Ok with Moore coming in over Miller if it came down to only needing one of the two. 

To clarify: Bowen / Halliday / Miller are not part of the list Berry gave although I'm sure all are in the running for Final Spot.

19 minutes ago, AJS said:

• 4. Sanderson
  • 42. Kleven
  • 49. Miller
  • 94. Kunz
  • 119. Bowen
  • 123. Halliday

I do put a lot into these rankings as a phenomenal baseline. Of course guys will get taken before / behind of their "projection", but they do give great insight.

Berry gave the names of 4 Forwards (Need 5) and 2 Defenseman (Need 3) that will be here next year. I would hope both Bowen and Halliday are pushed back to 2021. I thought Miller would sky rocket up the rankings. I would be more Ok with Moore coming in over Miller if it came down to only needing one of the two. 

To clarify: Bowen / Halliday / Miller are not part of the list Berry gave although I'm sure all are in the running for Final Spot.

I think Moore will be back in Chilliwack next year. 

I don’t have inside info. Reading between the lines, I get that impression. Obviously things can change - could very well not be decided yet. 

30 minutes ago, AJS said:

Me too!  I was most excited to see his ranking, and he actually dropped a spot!  What da f. . . ?

1 hour ago, AJS said:

• 4. Sanderson
  • 42. Kleven
  • 49. Miller
  • 94. Kunz
  • 119. Bowen
  • 123. Halliday

Miller will be playing college puck next season if he goes in the top 3 rounds.

2 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

I think Moore will be back in Chilliwack next year. 

I don’t have inside info. Reading between the lines, I get that impression. Obviously things can change - could very well not be decided yet. 

Probably...but he was drafted last year.  NHL team only have two years of watching him play college puck seems odd. If he’s not here, he’s somewhere else (hopefully I’m wrong). 

3 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Probably...but he was drafted last year.  NHL team only have two years of watching him play college puck seems odd. If he’s not here, he’s somewhere else (hopefully I’m wrong). 

Why only two years?  Once enrolled, they won't lose his NHL rights until he leaves UND.

Here's the situation. Trying to be as unbiased as possible, I believe if you rank the incoming Freshman D-Man, Sanderson, Kleven, Miller and Moore would all be in the Top 50. Not only that, but they've all played either 2 Years (Sanderson, Kleven, Miller) or a year (Moore) of Juniors. We know that Sanderson and Kleven will be here next year (Per Berry). There's still Tychonick's spot and possibly JBD's.

For sure one of Miller / Moore will be here as well taking Jonny's spot. IF JBD stays, it'd be a tough sell for whoever doesn't get Jonny's spot to delay a year. 

22 minutes ago, as15 said:

Why only two years?  Once enrolled, they won't lose his NHL rights until he leaves UND.

This rights are for 4 years with a NCAA team 2 years with major junior team.

So Moore would have to sign after his junior year. 

• UNDBIZ changed the title to COMMITTED UND Recruits