SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AZSIOUX

COMMITTED UND Recruits

13 hours ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

I can't speak for Mitchell or anyone else for that matter. I just know that in looking back their was a lot of things I did that I'm not proud of. I'm happy with the person I became, but their were a lot of ups and downs in getting to a place where I became a good husband, father, brother, son, friend, and coworker. Without second chances and people helping me along the way I never would have gotten to where I am now.

I’m with you on this. I too did many dumbass things growing up that I’m not real proud of. With that said I learned from them. In fact when I was a senior in high school I came across a guy bullying a special needs student. It didn’t go well for the bully. People do change and I’m a firm believer in second chances 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

I’m with you on this. I too did many dumbass things growing up that I’m not real proud of. With that said I learned from them. In fact when I was a senior in high school I came across a guy bullying a special needs student. It didn’t go well for the bully. People do change and I’m a firm believer in second chances 

How much trouble did you get in? I am all for standing up to bullies, but too often the people standing up to bullies are treated like they are part of the problem.

3 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

How much trouble did you get in? I am all for standing up to bullies, but too often the people standing up to bullies are treated like they are part of the problem.

This was back in 79’. I was applauded for it 

• Upvote 1

On 6/26/2020 at 6:12 PM, SiouxFanatic said:

Some speculation that Mitchell Miller might drop in the draft due to a bullying incident when he was 14. I believe you have to give benefit of the doubt. He's older now and have to hope he learned from what he did.

Article about bullying incident: https://www.toledoblade.com/local/courts/2016/04/26/Judge-slams-pair-s-role-in-bullying-case/stories/20160425311

What a piece of !@#$. I would be fine with him not making it to campus somehow.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Siouxperior said:

Good job.

How did the bully turn out? 

Put it this way. He didn’t bully that kid anymore 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

I can't speak for Mitchell or anyone else for that matter. I just know that in looking back their was a lot of things I did that I'm not proud of. I'm happy with the person I became, but their were a lot of ups and downs in getting to a place where I became a good husband, father, brother, son, friend, and coworker. Without second chances and people helping me along the way I never would have gotten to where I am now.

I am disgusted with that story and I believe teams not drafting him and others judging his character have the right to do so (and is probably expected).  I do believe in second changes though.  However, Miller will have to "overdo" the comeback with his character.

• Upvote 1

Love how you're all judging a person you never met in real life. Gotta love 2020 and social media/the internet. For the record, I do NOT condone his past behavior at all. 

Just now, SiouxForever said:

Love how you're all judging a person you never met in real life. Gotta love 2020 and social media/the internet. For the record, I do NOT condone is past behavior at all. 

Bullying a disabled kid for years on end? Yea, that’s good enough for me. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, SiouxForever said:

Love how you're all judging a person you never met in real life. Gotta love 2020 and social media/the internet. For the record, I do NOT condone his past behavior at all. 

Not necessarily just a past character issue....... the article alluded to the fact that he and his family/representation haven't been real forthcoming with prospective draft teams ( and that he hasn't come across well in interviews).  It's ironic because he is essentially replacing someone that despite what some saw as underperformance, was a very likable guy (Tychonik)......who was pretty open and gracious even after he all but publicly announced that he wasn't good enough to get the playing time that he wanted at UND.  Win baby win.   

• Upvote 3

On 6/29/2020 at 1:11 PM, SiouxForever said:

So what's your point? You can judge him by not condoning his past behavior, but others can't by saying once a bully (a loser) always a bully. It's character, a mindset. What he did wasn't harmless and went on for years. Being 14 isn't an excuse. I don't want North Dakota Hockey to have the reputation of bringing in bad kids with baggage.....

29 minutes ago, Sioux90 said:

So what's your point? You can judge him by not condoning his past behavior, but others can't by saying once a bully (a loser) always a bully. It's character, a mindset. What he did wasn't harmless and went on for years. Being 14 isn't an excuse. I don't want North Dakota Hockey to have the reputation of bringing in bad kids with baggage.....

That ship sailed almost twenty years ago with the new mayor of Grand Forks.

It's pretty heartbreaking to see that the other kid involved used to have sleep-overs with the victim. Miller should have to publicly address (if not atone for) it once he arrives on campus.

1 hour ago, Sioux90 said:

I’ve been watching Fighting Sioux hockey for 30 years. Current, past/former players aren’t angels. You might as well quit supporting the program with that comment. If you only knew some stories of probably your favorite players during different generations. We’re human. No one is perfect. Yes, some people have better character and have better  judgment than others. 

Why don’t you ask the USHL team if they had any problems with Miller? Then get back to me, seems like they gave him a chance/opportunity.

On 6/29/2020 at 1:11 PM, SiouxForever said:

I read the article and apparently the judge in the case did not see any sign of contrition or remorse from Mitchell other than that he was "feeling sorry for himself".  I agree that this is going to be a burden for him, but how about the kid who was bullied?  From experience I know that even 50 years later the sense of humiliation and emotional pain do not go away - you can learn to live with it, but it will always be there and the memories will come back any time you let your guard down.  This is not the way we treat people in a civilized society, nothing entitles this bully to commit the acts he did, and nothing erases the experience from the memory of the true victim.

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Sioux90 said:

I don't like it when almost anyone is classified as once _____ always _______.

People have the ability to change, reform and atone for past mistakes. 

Here's an interesting guy to listen to:

https://www.ted.com/speakers/christian_picciolini

• Upvote 2

I expect more....

Canadian juniors are hitting kids hard about dems people playing politics with on campus classes and athletics..

Doing hard sells about not letting their future be a pawn in the drama.

2 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I expect more....

Canadian juniors are hitting kids hard about dems people playing politics with on campus classes and athletics..

Doing hard sells about not letting their future be a pawn in the drama.

If he was going the MJ route he wouldn't have asked for the release...

5 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Not talking about Rizzo... or UND specifically.

The strategy is being employed on every potential CHL player regardless of their current commitment 

17 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

I got chills...they’re multiplyin’.

Thanks. Now I'll be singing that the rest of the day :)

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

I strongly doubt the CHL was in the mix here....his numbers in the BC were pretty avg given his age/hype.  He's definitely one that needs 3-4 years of college.  He'd only have one year left in the CHL.

Its a little irritating as I feel like we have been waiting for Rizzo forever! Going back to even before he committed to UND. Will be interesting to see where he lands, but I do wonder what made him change his mind so late.

50 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Its a little irritating as I feel like we have been waiting for Rizzo forever! Going back to even before he committed to UND. Will be interesting to see where he lands, but I do wonder what made him change his mind so late.

Maybe he read the comments on the Coronavirus thread.:whistling:

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

Hopefully he doesn't go to Omaha with Johnny Tychonick.   It seems like any guy that has some kind of UND ties seems to put up nice numbers for Omaha.