SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

18 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

I have been thinking the combination of the draft and the recent commit of Costantini for next year had something to do with it. In looking at the potential incoming forwards for next year,  and I’m not great at math, but it looked like one of them was probably going to be pushed back another year. 

There could be some super seniors/grad transfers over the next few years with the announcement that any student athlete competing this year gets an additional year of eligibility.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

There could be some super seniors/grad transfers over the next few years with the announcement that any student athlete competing this year gets an additional year of eligibility.

Agree, that is a important note to consider.

With potential shutdowns and cancellations along with eligibility extentions, I think there will be massive movements of commitments in the future.

7 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Has this been finalized?  I know that it had been discussed, but hadn't heard if it was a final decision.
Could you imagine a player like Kawaguchi getting a 5th year?  :) 

1 hour ago, brianvf said:

Has this been finalized?  I know that it had been discussed, but hadn't heard if it was a final decision.

Part of me thinks that this rule could help other teams  a lot more than us because we were fortunate to keep Kiersted, Mismash, Adams and Kawaguchi around another year as it is. I would guess Kiersted wouldn’t come back, and really if he did, you risk losing some of your future at defense.  Would think NHL teams would want to bring in young talent to cut costs with no money coming from butts in the seats. Unsettled times for everyone.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, tnt said:

Part of me thinks that this rule could help other teams  a lot more than us because we were fortunate to keep Kiersted, Mismash, Adams and Kawaguchi around another year as it is. I would guess Kiersted wouldn’t come back, and really if he did, you risk losing some of your future at defense.  Would think NHL teams would want to bring in young talent to cut costs with no money coming from butts in the seats. Unsettled times for everyone.

1 hour ago, brianvf said:

I think I saw it confirmed in an article about college sports sites being chosen. Michaud set a decent bar for grad transfers, but it might not last. Playing at the Ralph for one last chance at a championship would be enticing.

1 hour ago, tnt said:

I think it would help us at D next season if a senior D decided to take that extra year, based on our current roster, potential flight risks, and the 2 D recruits we have that’d be eligible to come in next year. But beyond that it gets dicey. 

Per the article it was Halliday's decision to open his recruitment, but we don't know if prior conversations with the UND Coaching staff (i.e. potentially his role / scholarship $) played a part or not. Time will tell if this one will hurt or not, it's really a coin flip. Given his size, him not being drafted is a bit of a tell. The same article confirms Costello is no longer committed either.

11 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

I think it would help us at D next season if a senior D decided to take that extra year, based on our current roster, potential flight risks, and the 2 D recruits we have that’d be eligible to come in next year. But beyond that it gets dicey. 

Would also give Jackson Keane the fourth year he lost.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Morrow a B and Blake a C on central scouting list. Definitely a down year for us, but with the extra eligibility year granted, hopefully we get some graduate guns for a year a la Michaud over the next few years.

It's important to note that UND has a very small list of first year eligible players for the 2021 draft. There's only 3 guys who fall into that category, all three being very talented (Morrow / Blake / Hedquist). 

The year after, UND should be very active (James / Dunbar / Singleton / Spicer / Ausmus / Panzer). 

15 minutes ago, AJS said:

It's important to note that UND has a very small list of first year eligible players for the 2021 draft. There's only 3 guys who fall into that category, all three being very talented (Morrow / Blake / Hedquist). 

The year after, UND should be very active (James / Dunbar / Singleton / Spicer / Ausmus / Panzer). 

Good point. Forgot about HH

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...