SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

11 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Sad to see that we got him to decommit from ASU and then dropped him. Hope he finds success out east. Thought he might wind up at Concordia.

Curious what happens to Costello and Reid at this point.

EDIT: apparently Reid is committed to the university of no hardware.

I thought Randklev just decommitted on his own and reopened his recruitment.  I recall him being down between UND and St. Cloud.   It may have been a foregone conclusion, but they didn't make it seem like it was.  

14 minutes ago, tnt said:

I thought Randklev just decommitted on his own and reopened his recruitment.  I recall him being down between UND and St. Cloud.   It may have been a foregone conclusion, but they didn't make it seem like it was.  

No, I believe we pulled the offer.  He’s struggled pretty bad in the USHL from what I’ve heard and his numbers are pretty bad.  Not quite a UND type of player.

11 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

No, I believe we pulled the offer.  He’s struggled pretty bad in the USHL from what I’ve heard and his numbers are pretty bad.  Not quite a UND type of player.

Oh, I'm talking about his decommitment from ASU.   The insinuation was that we got him to decommit from ASU, and at the time it was made to seem he reopened his commitment and was going to explore a few options including UND and St. Cloud, among others. 

1 hour ago, ChadR said:

There's no chance we can delay Mitchell Miller. He better be here next season.

I don't think we will carry 9 D next year....but I also think we will lose at least 1 D early if not 2.

Left D                                    Right D

Kierstad                                 JBD

Tychonick                               Frisch

Sanderson                             Bast

Kleven                                     Rieger

Miller(R), Moore(L), Bast(L) are next in line.

17 minutes ago, petey23 said:

I don't think we will carry 9 D next year....but I also think we will lose at least 1 D early if not 2.

Left D                                    Right D

Kierstad                                 JBD

Tychonick                               Frisch

Samuelson                             Bast

Kleven                                     Rieger

Miller(R), Moore(L), Bast(L) are next in line.

Do you mean Sanderson instead of Samuelson?

5 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

my bad, less sympathetic in that case. 

You never know what goes on behind the scenes.  Someone could say, “you should open up your recruitment again” wink wink.  Even if opening up his recruitment was a farce, he still would have been complicit in it.

Did Bowen sign his NLI?  I’m curious whether the plan is for him to come in next gear?  I know he was injured this year but he seemed to struggle pretty bad this year.  I’m guessing his draft stock plummets. Too bad.  Curious if he would play another year of juniors to get that confidence back? His numbers aren’t terrible all conserving, they just look iffy given the type of prospect he’s been hyped to be.

2 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Did Bowen sign his NLI?  I’m curious whether the plan is for him to come in next gear?  I know he was injured this year but he seemed to struggle pretty bad this year.  I’m guessing his draft stock plummets. Too bad.  Curious if he would play another year of juniors to get that confidence back? His numbers aren’t terrible all conserving, they just look iffy given the type of prospect he’s been hyped to be.

Bowen did sign his NLI, but so did Rizzo the year previously. I do think it's a good sign of who is expected to come in at that point of time, but like with Rizzo, it's possible plans change. I would put my $ on Bowen going back for one more year of Juniors. At the time he signed his NLI, I think him being next year was virtually a lock. I feel awful for him, the injury he sustained started a downward spiral like I've never seen. Missed two months and from then on out didn't score at all. Clearly has a lot of skill from his overall body of work, but I'd like the plan of him going back and upping his production.

Doesn’t sound like NTDP will even have tryouts, instead they’ll just pick the team. Doubtful Spicer makes it. Will be interesting to see where Panzer Spicer Ausmus get taken in the USHL draft. And more so where those 3 play next season. Anyone have any intel?

47 minutes ago, ChadR said:

Doesn’t sound like NTDP will even have tryouts, instead they’ll just pick the team. Doubtful Spicer makes it. Will be interesting to see where Panzer Spicer Ausmus get taken in the USHL draft. And more so where those 3 play next season. Anyone have any intel?

There's gunna be a next season??......

:(

On 3/17/2020 at 11:43 PM, ChadR said:

Spicer led his stacked Honeybaked 15u team in scoring...and there are two other “locks” for the NTDP on that team....so???

Just now, scpa0305 said:

Spicer led his stacked Honeybaked 15u team in scoring...and there are two other “locks” for the NTDP on that team....so???

I was just posting this exact thing.  Spicer killed it this year. :lol:

1 hour ago, AJS said:

I think it's important to note that he not only lead his team in scoring, but the entire league. Only one other person was really even close.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/league/midget/stats/2019-2020

Nice find. His HB team was beyond stacked but those numbers are still very impressive. Hopefully he gets the consideration he deserves for the NTDP.  

• UNDBIZ changed the title to COMMITTED UND Recruits